• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/QUOTE]MAN I wish I had heard about the Dyeing for a Cause this year. Great event that I'd like to help out with, as would a lot of people on this thread I imagine. Make sure to spread the word on here next year![/QUOTE]

Next year I will make sure to get at least a link posted. I was buried at work all fall long, missed Octrowberfest and almost missed this one. I was still cutting vinyl with less than 18 hours 'til shipping deadline and my post officed is 18 miles away.:doh:

They usually post an announcement on FB a couple weeks after 'Throwberfest.

We had our local Ice Bowl this past weekend, 8 degrees at the start and it got all the way up to about 13 degrees. 85 players, 500lbs of food and well over $4300 for charity.

It's a great excuse to go Throw, Volunteer & Donate. So get out there and do what you can; Donate some plastic, dye a disc for CTP or auction, can goods drive, collect returnable can and bottles(i think we collected about $300), and don't be affraid of buying those Mulligans.

picture.php

I donated this disc for auction and a couple crazy, good hearted bastards ran the bidding to just over $50. :eek: I'm in no way saying it's a $50 disc but it makes me feel good to help turn a $17 disc and a couple evenings of 'relaxation' into that kind of potential.

Thanks drkstr.

MikeP.
I'm lovin' that Ron Swanson disc. I'm guessing that is under a blacklight, either that or discraft really stepped their glo abilities. That thing is elecrtic.

Here's a spin dye I recently did for a fellow user on this site. The pic doesn't really even do it justice. Gives an idea though.

Top:

Bottom:

Nice work Odyssey!:clap: If ya don't mind my askin, what dyes were used?

Peace,
-Jeff

I second that question - no way that was iDye poly....Worm Dye?

Quick coat worm dye for pretty much all of the bright colors and then some I dye black and pylam purple for some of the darker circles. I find the worm dye best for bright colors only. My personal preference so far anyway. Idye black is hard to beat for a deep dark black dye.

Dustee, what did you do for those last two to get that look?

I take the old frying pan and plastic bags on the bottom, then i take aluminium paper "what use cooking things" crease it and little bit straighten but not too much. I place the aluminium paper in frying pan top the plastic bag and then i drop idye poly color in the paper, and then just place the disc in to frying pan and but some weight on it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391115491.257340.jpg

I take the old frying pan and plastic bags on the bottom, then i take aluminium paper "what use cooking things" crease it and little bit straighten but not too much. I place the aluminium paper in frying pan top the plastic bag and then i drop idye poly color in the paper, and then just place the disc in to frying pan and but some weight on it.
View attachment 44689

After that i make normaly shaving cream dye..

Can anyone shed some light on how multiple color dyeings are done? Cannot seem to figure out how you pros are doing it without re-dyeing the first color that has already been dyed. Or even the fact that you can dye around a stamp that is there. How is this done!! Thanks in advanced

Can anyone shed some light on how multiple color dyeings are done? Cannot seem to figure out how you pros are doing it without re-dyeing the first color that has already been dyed. Or even the fact that you can dye around a stamp that is there. How is this done!! Thanks in advanced

I'm no expert, but as far as I understand...

For multiple colors with a stencil I think people will just re-mask the disc for each color. Also, I believe I have also read people will paint in the areas by mixing dye with laundry detergent. There are probably other ways as well.

If you're taking the tie-dye styles, that is probably shaving cream. There are a few tutorials on those.

Stamps you just leave, the dye usually won't effect it.

Take some time and read threw some of the instructional threads, they are very helpful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts