• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys get those sweet, clean stencil dyes over the shaving cream? Stencil then mask for the sc bed, or dye over the already tye dyed disc?

For the Royals disc I dip dyed the black(shadow lines under the KC, kinda hard to see in the pic), then the gold, remasked the gold part, and dipped the blue. Then pull the rest of the vinyl, leaving the gold remasked and into the shaving cream, the black and blue were both dark enough that they did not need remasking.

There should be a Dan howard thread....

As far as the tiedye one that I posted earlier.... the name has been coined SkittleBomb. I haven't released an instructional, but feel free to try to figure it out.... maybe you will develop a new technique in your conquest.

There should be a Dan howard thread....

As far as the tiedye one that I posted earlier.... the name has been coined SkittleBomb. I haven't released an instructional, but feel free to try to figure it out.... maybe you will develop a new technique in your conquest.

a challenge! i like it. alright goose, my first attempt is in a bed as of 10 mins ago... but, i already am worried it isn't close. we shall see

My first two color dye...

Star Roadrunner. iDye poly. Cut with exacto by hand. My first two color dye. 20 min on Black, then peel out and dip yellow for 10 min. Pretty happy with how well it came out. Got lucky that they sent me a gold stamp on it too!

Attachments

• ramblinwreckdisc.JPG
    ramblinwreckdisc.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 100
Looks sweet Chrisrbaker! Keep up the dyes!

As for the rest of you, dyers, lurkers, and admirers alike, we STILL need YOUR help to make this year's Okthrowberfest INCREDIBLE!
Don't hesitate, please donate NOW -- need to get the contest started in a couple weeks, so if you're going to donate, do it TODAY!
Plastic, swag, clothing, cash, gift certificates, ANYTHING helps, believe me!

alright goose, i think i figured you out, but i added to it in this attempt and also didn't do enough of one step... but my next attempt i think i will have it damn near close... heres results of test number 1 and i love it.

Attachments

• galaxytestmvp.jpg
    galaxytestmvp.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 134
Man.... that is really good.... but I guarantee you that it isn't the same technique :) I actually like yours better.

alright goose, i think i figured you out, but i added to it in this attempt and also didn't do enough of one step... but my next attempt i think i will have it damn near close... heres results of test number 1 and i love it.

Oh. My. Gosh. You have a heck of a dye right there, my friend. :clap:

Did this one last night, a coworker told me hes got a plotter so i handed him a disc and a roll of vinyl - I have to say, not a fan of legacy plastic, the acetone did some funky stuff to it, but it worked with the design

tjNfj9Xl.jpg

thank you gents! its up for auction on ddga lol... I've got text number 2, w modifications added... ill be damed, I'm going to figure this out! lol.

Nice job Duff! You and Goose are both killing it with these!

I haven't done much lately. Been caught up in getting my living situation squared away. I am bout to dive back into it though. Got a few ideas i've been meaning to try out.

Here's a recent shave cream dye I did for somebody. Nothin special but something...

20140829_124919_zps0k7yxwg3.jpg

What brand of dye is that green? That is nice! I have some idye mixed up that looks like moss, afraid to put it on anything because I really don't want to throw a moss colored disc lol.

What brand of dye is that green? That is nice! I have some idye mixed up that looks like moss, afraid to put it on anything because I really don't want to throw a moss colored disc lol.

Thanks man! This was actually a lime green disc to start with, then I used a little bit of idye gun metal mixed with black, some idye turquoise, and I believe pylam aqua blue. Black and gun metal were the main dye that took to the disc though. The blues and turquoise just kind of accented the original green to be slightly darker in some areas.

a challenge! i like it. alright goose, my first attempt is in a bed as of 10 mins ago... but, i already am worried it isn't close. we shall see

I know this isn't close either, but I had to try. Star Rancho Roc. Really like it.

Attachments

• 0905141720b.jpg
    0905141720b.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 0905141721.jpg
    0905141721.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 0905141719a.jpg
    0905141719a.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 40

I agree, green is normally a no go for me, but that roc looks like it's poppin enough to find on the course. Nice color.

Maybe a stupid question, but if you do a stencil dye first, can you do a SC dye after? or should you always do SC then Stencil. I was thinking of dropping some color behind my sugar trooper, just dont want to destroy it.

Fine job, your stuff is looking great so far. Looking forward to more from you, hope you're considering an entry or two for this year's Okthrowberfest :clap:

I am truly honored that you would consider me worthy after my first year of dying to be included in the Okthroberfest dying competition. I have learned a great deal from this website and continue to push my own limitations to improve my abilities. (when i finally get a plotter and can stop hand drawing and hand cutting my designs...i can't wait)

However, I won't be a part of this years Okthroberfest. In part because of finances, but more so because of a local disc dying fund raiser that is to raise money for a local family's Christmas that shortly follows this one.

I represented well with my first ever dye job in the local "dying for a cause". I have progressed so much in the past year. I am greatly looking forward to this years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts