• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in the VIP lounge today.... just a conversation starter:

"DTP should be on the dye Mt. Rushmore (along with Jeff Ash, Dan Howard, and BennetUA... could possibly squeeze Wondernut in there)."

Any other votes?

I would certainly agree with DTP, BennettUA, and Dan Howard. The guys who were my influences when I started are probably only famliar to a handful on here. ChUcK and AciDBatH666 along with Bennett were the guys who blew me away when I started dying.

well, i had an idea for a brainwave-like dye, but this one just came out a mess. next time i'll try a white disc and go solid colors rather than plastic bags...

2015-03-22%2023.46.11_zpslvkeiysx.jpg

esp zone

Haven't done a dye since my daughter was 6 months old so I knew I'd be rusty. She's almost 3 now. I decided to do a dye where bleeds and other mistakes wouldn't matter as much. So I had her draw a family picture and then I dyed it.

Glo Flx Buzzz with baby brother (yellow), sister(red), dad(black), and mom (orange).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Haven't done a dye since my daughter was 6 months old so I knew I'd be rusty. She's almost 3 now. I decided to do a dye where bleeds and other mistakes wouldn't matter as much. So I had her draw a family picture and then I dyed it.

Glo Flx Buzzz with baby brother (yellow), sister(red), dad(black), and mom (orange).

Really like that idea! :hfive:

Peace,
-Jeff

Haven't posted any dyes for a little while. Here's a couple commissioned dyes recently finished. Both are Fluid Truths. First time dyeing Fluid plastic. Seems to take dye like Champion, Lucid, Opto or similar plastic, but the adhesive from the 651 Orocal doesn't seem to stay behind like it does on other plastics. :thmbup:

image_zps2xoydqgv.jpg

image_zpsiujkhiew.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Haven't posted any dyes for a little while. Here's a couple commissioned dyes recently finished. Both are Fluid Truths. First time dyeing Fluid plastic. Seems to take dye like Champion, Lucid, Opto or similar plastic, but the adhesive from the 651 Orocal doesn't seem to stay behind like it does on other plastics. :thmbup:

image_zps2xoydqgv.jpg

image_zpsiujkhiew.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

This guy right here.

image_zps2xoydqgv.jpg

image_zpsiujkhiew.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Amazing design on both. I'm still staring at the Bulldog one, trying to figure out how much remasking was done. I'm seriously loving this disc right now.

The first time I tried djschnabel's 'reverse shaving cream' method for myself
OtherWork8nOkC6.jpg

Great dye! What is this reverse shaving cream method though? When did I miss this?

Here you go:

Here is my most recent powder dye. I used a slightly different method and absolutely loved the results. Instead of creating a bed, then powdering the bed and placing the disc face down into, I reversed the order. I set the disc down, then added powder, then poured the shaving cream soup over the top of it.
10945635_10204715681787716_9142770547296990179_n.jpg

10952414_10204715160814692_1656098482745298532_n.jpg

Even though you really didn't miss it :D
^^^ great pics and explanation! I miss experimenting.... ahhhh the good ol' days of sponges, various liquids of varying viscocity, corn starch, powders, concentrates, solvents, spray bottles, gum, glue, silly putty....

Status
Not open for further replies.