• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cmckee1, those are some killer dyes. I really like that Spitfire Roadrunner. It looks just like one of their wheels.

Thanks I have been trying to pick up as many tips as possible. I am hoping to start selling some designs soon.

Been a while since I posted something. Did this one for a friend as a gag. Just wanted to let him know what we think about him. The multi shading was a little tricky and it didn't come out perfect, but I'm still happy with the end result.

Attachments

• IMAG3730.jpg
    IMAG3730.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 104
Im having a really hard time painting, ive tried everything from acetone mix, alcohol mix, and laundry detergent mix, no luck with any of them, all of you have such solid bright colors and i was wondering how you do it. Thanks!

A couple that I did recently

For a star wars fan.

Attachments

• 20160119_045516000_iOS.jpg
    20160119_045516000_iOS.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 129
  • 20160119_045632000_iOS.jpg
    20160119_045632000_iOS.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 134
Im having a really hard time painting, ive tried everything from acetone mix, alcohol mix, and laundry detergent mix, no luck with any of them, all of you have such solid bright colors and i was wondering how you do it. Thanks!

Need more info to know exactly what's not working.... Patience is a virtue, especially when painting.

24467660086_b4342c0a86.jpg
[/url]12552782_10156416166550006_7696692149196210723_n by Benjamin Tucker, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thats so sick!!! What was the process

The process is a standard cut template. I am fortunate to have a plotter. Weed the vinyl for the Black area and apply to the disc. I then dip the black with the temp at about 140 degrees for 2 minutes and repeat if not dark enough. I then cut the heat in almost half and wait for the dye to cool. While waiting I pulled the vinyl from the Gray areas. One cooled I did one minute dips at low heat until the color gray I wanted was reached. I then recut the circle around the gray area and applied vinyl over the existing gray. I then did a dip in the Red at 140 degrees for 2 minutes and repeated twice to get the deep red I wanted. This also darkens the black as it was left exposed.

The process is a standard cut template. I am fortunate to have a plotter. Weed the vinyl for the Black area and apply to the disc. I then dip the black with the temp at about 140 degrees for 2 minutes and repeat if not dark enough. I then cut the heat in almost half and wait for the dye to cool. While waiting I pulled the vinyl from the Gray areas. One cooled I did one minute dips at low heat until the color gray I wanted was reached. I then recut the circle around the gray area and applied vinyl over the existing gray. I then did a dip in the Red at 140 degrees for 2 minutes and repeated twice to get the deep red I wanted. This also darkens the black as it was left exposed.

Lol lost you on the first sentence haha,maybe in 3 years I'll finally be able to do that.

Total pain to cut, but I think it turned out well.

Attachments

• IMG_20160121_061750519.jpg
    IMG_20160121_061750519.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 114
Star Wars dyes

Nope... this was a dye job... just like the others you see on this page. Just a delicate and intricate process.

Two commissioned discs that were completed this past weekend.

Both on Innova Star Aviars.

The first one I had done previously for "Dying for a Cause". A person who bid on it but didn't win it contacted me and wanted me to do another one. He also had me do the other simple blue on white Star of David.

Attachments

• Peace finished.jpg
    Peace finished.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Jew disc finished.jpg
    Jew disc finished.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 61
Two commissioned discs that were completed this past weekend.

Both on Innova Star Aviars.

The first one I had done previously for "Dying for a Cause". A person who bid on it but didn't win it contacted me and wanted me to do another one. He also had me do the other simple blue on white Star of David.

Love them both, came out so good! What vinyl do you use, my greenstar when I try to smooth out bubbles leave creases and I'd my design cuts through the crease the dye seeps into it and messes up my dyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts