• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part III)

I don't know about opaque, but idye black will get very, very dark black if you give it enough time, especially with heat. Just let it sit in the dye for a few days.

I'll have to try that on the next clear one. On star and ESP I've not had an issue getting really dark black. Just the clear stuff.

picture.php

Saw this done on a few other discs. Thought I'd give it a shot on my champion beast because I hated the way it looked. I'm happy with it for a quick job.

I wish there was a way to make opaque black on translucent plastic. Maybe there is and I just haven't found the product or method.

I've had my best results using the pro chemical black.

WOW. Bad ass work on the shading and shadow.

Thanks. This one was a bit different in that I didn't use black to do any shading (other than the hat, and tiny bit on the eyes). Rather than dyeing Squidward a color and shading with black I just went for smooth gradients of color, and I think it worked pretty well.

FYI, Squidward is a 6:6:1 mix of iDye Turquoise : Pro Chem Aqua : iDye Blue
The background was 2:2:1 of iDye Blue : iDye Turquoise : iDye Lilac

Howdy all. Looks like I will be filling in for Bennett this year on getting the Okthrowberfest disc dye competition up and running. Since I am getting a late start on this thing, I have not had an opportunity to secure any donations. I am reaching out to the disc dye community to see if any of you would be willing to help gather donations for prizes or donate either cash or discs from your personal stash to reward our dyers for their hard work. If you are willing/able to help out in any way, please email me at [email protected]. Thank you all.

2016 U.S. Masters Patriot

Pretty stoked on how my first dye turned out!

Attachments

• 2016USMasters_1280-4610.jpg
    2016USMasters_1280-4610.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 232
OH YEAH!

This one made me a bit cross eyed trying to cut everything out. But I'm happy with it. It's a Discraft X Stratus that I got in a misprint mystery box.

Attachments

• IMG_20161204_161417~01.jpg
    IMG_20161204_161417~01.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 158
Hey guys, without having to dig through old posts, what dye are you using now? I haven't dyed anything in a few years so I have no clue what does or doesn't work these days. TIA

So this was a bit ambitious for my first dye job ever... but I think it came out pretty darn good. Giving this to my brother in-law for Christmas!

MVP Axis - Stone Brewing Gargoyle:

Well guys I must say I am pretty happy with the way my first attempt at dying a disc came out.
Not a big fan of Vin Diesel but I felt it was appropriate for the xXx��

*FYI* looking up "xXx movie cover" on google might not yield the desired results ����

photo.php

Well guys I must say I am pretty happy with the way my first attempt at dying a disc came out.
Not a big fan of Vin Diesel but I felt it was appropriate for the xXx :cool:

*FYI* looking up "xXx movie cover" on google might not yield the desired results:gross: :p :doh: :doh:

tumblr_oill1jinFm1t301sko1_1280.jpg