• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just finished this for Koffee:

IMG01438-20110129-1438.jpg

this one is sick...your art too?

I played with my last disc for over a week before noticing I still had a small piece of the vinyl still there. :\

^^^ Love the Greedo.

Here's one of the 10 I did tonight to get ready for sale at our IceBowl tomorrow.

Most of the rest can be seen here: http://www.phlydyes.com/Blog.php

I couldn't wait to peel the vinyl off this:

DSCF1819.jpg

Awesome! Would love to know how you handle those tiny little lines. I've done tiny dyed lines before by simply slicing the mask(just the knife cut), but MASKING lines that small is quite beyond my capabilities. Looks great.

thanks for the complements guys! that image was supplied by Koffee, i just did the dye.

btw, Koffee, this buzzz looked just like a glow buzzz, color-wise. so much so that i took it in the bathroom and turned off the lights. very unique and pearly buzzz :cool:

alright, these are pretty much my first 3 dyes, i did a couple practice ones the day before i did these, but they don't count because i rushed them and didnt really care how they turned out. they are all
black label skateboards themed, cause i have a sick obsession.
ohh yea, and all these discs were used alot before i dyed them so there is ink that shows through in spots, and other little problems. but im super happy with them overall.

maroonish champ beast now black
20110130082223.jpg

blue soft ion, now black
20110130082327.jpg

and prized pinkish purple medium ion
20110130082301.jpg

... What is the disc UNDER the Surfer disc?

Opto Flow. It's one of dgdave's stencils that I got via Apothecary (Thanks!)

I really don't like to post dyes I did with shared/borrowed stencils here. You can check my site to see it if you would like.

barneco, I'm learning that too.

inspired by yearofrolling:

P1250026.jpg

Huh? I'm totally stoked that I could've inspired someone, but, um, what did I do?

I was just flipping through here as I often do and said to myself, "OooOOoo! I like these strong colors."
This dye made me think of this:
evh_frankenstein.jpg

Which I would LOVE to do a tribute dye too.

Great idea for a Van Halen disc! I might have to get to work on one if someone doesn't do it soon!

Finally dyed the dharma disc I put together months ago. Its just on a voodoo xout but a really strange stiff plastic, so didn't know if it would dye well.
Gateway-Voodoo-Evo-166.jpg

well, I forgot about it, so it was probably 20 min regular rit+water. It feels like Pro, but its super stiff, so I expect it to blur out a bit too. It also had a million little grooves (you can see them in the light reflections in the pic) which I thought would bleed out a ton, but they were fine too.

I had an X-Out Voodoo just like that. It's seems to be a blend between Evo and HPP plastics. I did a four colors on mine and it's holding up well. I use mine all the time. I found the grooves give a little grip too. If you ever find another like that let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.