• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff wombat! I almost did a Gators logo like that of your first post, I had the image on the vinyl and everything.
Then I got a plotter....and now a lot of those old logos I transfered are sitting useless. :(I didn't know there was such a place as Tuscaloosa, Florida :D

you could always send them to me:D

Did these 2 nights ago. Learned that re-masking large sections of a disc with electrical tape, is not a good idea :doh:

The orange disc was my first attempt at Dan Howards shaving cream marbling. This was left in dye 3-4 hours.

Attachments

• Bob small.JPG
    Bob small.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 61
  • tiedye orange small.JPG
    tiedye orange small.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 103
Bayside Tigers on an ESP Crush
IMG_0062.jpg

Did these 2 nights ago. Learned that re-masking large sections of a disc with electrical tape, is not a good idea :doh:

The orange disc was my first attempt at Dan Howards shaving cream marbling. This was left in dye 3-4 hours.

Yep, we learned another lesson, didn't we? Never thought about it creating stripes. :(

Did this one about a week ago, but just added the lettering yesterday. Don't know why the marbling looks blue, it's actually gray.

Attachments

• CIMG8100.jpg
    CIMG8100.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 70
Great lettering on that ^. I've noticed black comes out purple in diluted or light dips, this could be the same kind of thing on the grey...

Did this one about a week ago, but just added the lettering yesterday. Don't know why the marbling looks blue, it's actually gray.

was the bags used for the marbling grey? I've done a marbling with purple dye and used a red bag and the end result was a red marbling

Great lettering on that ^. I've noticed black comes out purple in diluted or light dips, this could be the same kind of thing on the grey...

Sorry, what I meant was that the marbling looks blue in the pic, when actually it came out the exact gray that I was looking for. Here's the pic before I added the lettering.

Attachments

• DSCN9058.jpg
    DSCN9058.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 37
Could you post a closer pic of the marbling? Looks great from the distance in your pic, but wondering about up really close. Thanks

I don't have a good enough camera to get closer without it getting blurrier, but if you click on the pic, then click on it again, it will zoom in a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.