• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
6S logos for AJ up in O-hi-o - this is his set, a Pro Beast, Elite-X Buzzz, and a Glow Aviar:
6018270333_a607a68b73.jpg

The logo looks so sweet spinning in the dark, you can't see the edges of the disc, just the 6S -- WILD!
6018270753_f29f8f1487_m.jpg

A Glow Z Comet, local friend who can make the Comet fly like its namesake. Those white specks are paper towel bits after wiping the disc clean, looks great spinning and especially in the dark, not the best glow pic though:
6018821884_63a04373c8.jpg

6018822058_65ed0576d9.jpg

A wedding gift set for the bride(Ohio State) and groom (U of Cincinnati), both Star plastic, Valkyrie and Vulcan. The Scarlet really POPS on both discs!
6018822494_bf22040b0b_z.jpg

Had to replace my Them Crooked Vultures putter I lost playing downhill at Elk Mountain, I had a replacement Glow Aviar ready. The vinyl didn't want to adhere to the rounded edge of the Glow plastic, but the bleeds give it character. :|

6018823070_e04617fbf5.jpg

The glow is a lot better in person, all I have is a Made in China UV LED flashlight
- I can get a good glow, but not an even glow across the disc. A better light and this this will shine like the moon!
6018273773_08e1bf80cd.jpg

I guess this is my videogame nerd post.

meatboy.jpeg
SuperMeatBoy from the game of the same title. awesome platformer, really tough and fun game, on a MEATeor

drfetus.jpeg
Dr. Fetus (bad guy from SuperMeatBoy), on a Stalker

portal2.jpeg
One I dyed for my friend for Portal2, on a BuzzzSS i believe.

I like that Aperture Science Buzzz. My first dye was a Piece of 3 layer cake. Video games make for some of the best dyes.

Rainy Day disc dying binge.

The cube one is a pro katana and the Ganesh one is a z Buzz.

Attachments

• 2011-08-07_13-20-03_520.jpg
    2011-08-07_13-20-03_520.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 2011-08-07_13-20-20_661.jpg
    2011-08-07_13-20-20_661.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 77
yawpstang64 very nicely executed, looks great

I also think it is imperative you put the following on a disc

... I just like fish, especially metaphysical fish

thanks for the compliment, much appreciated. Funny that you should pull that image... it's from my wordpress, totally made that a year or two ago. I should put another story on there, or some more photos or something... thanks for reminding me!

And yes, putting that on a disc is the ultimate goal. In life.

A quick and easy dye for my brand new crystal clear driving putter. Needed to add some color. Crappy pic.
Premium JOKERi
2aihjcw.jpg

thanks for the compliment, much appreciated. Funny that you should pull that image... it's from my wordpress, totally made that a year or two ago. I should put another story on there, or some more photos or something... thanks for reminding me!

And yes, putting that on a disc is the ultimate goal. In life.

haha, I was wondering if that was something of yours since I didn't see a single other reference to halibut skies

awesome gradient Eky8.. took me a minute to see how you did it

What a great weekend of dyeing, thx for posting everyone, I enjoyed 'em all! Couple really caught my eye, Bennett luv the stencil on that glo comet and Eky8 that gradient work is amazing.

Here's a simple one, a gift for a friend in Colorado, I'm psyched to be hand delivering it tomorrow.

MoesDSC_8540.jpg

Okay so this one has been in the works for awhile now, kinda gumming everything up. I have to say that this is also the first time I've solicited help from my wife for a dye (she is 10x's better than me at detail work) but it was mostly because it was just moving along so slowly. There were times when I looked up from working and thought I had crossed my eyes permanently. That truly is a freaking feeling. Just the dyeing took me 2 hours to dip for a minute go remove some vinyl dip for a minute... (well you get the point.) So here it is, single color dye (multiple shades) on a pink champ ape.

16PCAsmall1.jpg

16PCAsmall2.jpg

16PCAsmall3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.