• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

309404_218557081533026_152873784768023_557659_325591029_n.jpg

294148_218869558168445_152873784768023_558710_1607294063_n.jpg

Potash and Bennet, those are some delicious dyes.:clap: Oops, Hyzer's ,too.

Hi all! Noob to the dyeing arts here. I have spent the last few weeks reading every page of this thread and have been experimenting with my first dyes. (injury kept me from playing for a bit so I worked on dyes in the meantime... hence the name) I would like to thank all of the many wonderful artists here who have shared their work, techniques, and insights. You have all been truly inspiring and the information you have provided here has saved me (and others, I'm sure) countless hours of trial and error (mostly error) and frustration. Thank you all for your valuable input. I welcome your comments and feedback as I begin my new addiction.
so... here is an attempt to post a pic of my very first dye...
DSCF0007.jpg

@Potashman: Great job, those dyes look good. Love the gorilla design. Hope you've got something brewing for Okthrowberfest.

@DyeingToPlay: Nice first dye, you'll get the hang of not getting bleeds, most of your cuts are good, keep at it. I dig the bluring effect on the bear, how did you do that?

Just finished these two
Innova Champion Glo Katana
picture.php

and a terrible glowing pic
picture.php

Latitude 64 Opto XXX - this was my first attempt at doing multiple colors at once, the overlap is from applying Wine after my Scarlett completely failed to take, can't win em all, but I absolutely love how it turned out
picture.php

There are quite a few really nice discs on here lately

@DyeingToPlay: Nice first dye, you'll get the hang of not getting bleeds, most of your cuts are good, keep at it. I dig the bluring effect on the bear, how did you do that?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The blur effect is from not burnishing the edges with the free 3m controltac stuff. The paper texture shows up as tiny parallel lines

DyingToPlay, you may want to blur out your phone #...try writing your contact info on the inside of the rim, it's neater looking than on the back of the flight plate.
Welcome to your new addiction!

Zboaz that black looks pretty good on a vector, curious what the dip time and temp was. Here's a couple simple one's before the Chiefs party! (RaidersSuk)

A Glo Nuke for my bag (easy to find)
BobDobbssDSC_8795.jpg

And one for the store, I have no idea why there was red under the stamp but it wasn't coming off.
nocountrysDSC_8799.jpg

:thmbup: Very nice work guys.
This is a star vulcan done with some (gerber?) vinyl a friend gave me a piece of. Anyone know anything about the gerber stuff? It came off much easier and cleaner than the scotchcal.
100_0126.jpg

P9110192.jpg

One last dye today. I LOVE how Red pops off Green. No one asks for these simple designs, but they fly right off the shelf, no matter what shelf I put them on. Simple, high contrast designs on Buzzzs are my fastest, and best sellers.

My boss sponsored me for the Farragut Open, $60 entry fee paid, so I'm giving him this for a "thanks!!" The green texas state is much, much better in person.
Vulcan.jpg

Also, this is my first multi-colored dye, except for my two tone blue and red camo Valkyrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts