• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P9110188.jpg

Black and Pearl Grey on a Vector. CTP winner from my last event got a free custom dye, and this is what he asked for...

Nice dye, but Raiders Suck!!!! Go Broncos!!!

Somebody, make a pittsburg penguins one.

An NFL one would be cool too.

Or one with the DG bumper sticker dyed on.

P9110192.jpg

One last dye today. I LOVE how Red pops off Green. No one asks for these simple designs, but they fly right off the shelf, no matter what shelf I put them on. Simple, high contrast designs on Buzzzs are my fastest, and best sellers.

I can see why, pretty sick dye. Very clean looking and like you said, HIGH contrast.

So I thought the "Bob" was a little too simple and decided to add chains. I was gonna take a glow pic and post it but come to find out it's not a glo disc, they told me it was a glo disc, and sold it to me at glo disc price.

I feel so violated.

Bob with chains, and don't even think he is bound by them, Bob is way beyond two dimensions!
bob2sDSC_8829.jpg

Thanks for the nice stencil find Scarwig!

So I thought the "Bob" was a little too simple and decided to add chains. I was gonna take a glow pic and post it but come to find out it's not a glo disc, they told me it was a glo disc, and sold it to me at glo disc price.

I feel so violated.

Bob with chains, and don't even think he is bound by them, Bob is way beyond two dimensions!
bob2sDSC_8829.jpg

As always...mucho excellente...you guys are awesome.

crazypodashman, that is an awesome gradient job on the destroyer. wish i could get a good hang on this dying so i could put out some that look like that... great job

Luke

Did this one as a birthday gift for a friend. Of course he loved the dye, but the disc also flies really well for him.... bonus! Star SL X-out
DSCF00012.jpg
...... and the back was an early experiment with painting watercolor style with straight powder mixed with acetone
DSCF0002.jpg

Ok...I am poor...There I said it.

You guys are painfully awesome...by painfully, I mean that you may not realize just how awesome your artwork is...you see bleeds, I see nature in action...

I am truly amazed by you guys and your ideas are astounding.

If I could get a better gig, I would purchase the supplies and try one myself. Currently, I am in Sharpieville USA...and the town has it's village idiot...i.e. ME

However, I will endeavor to persevere...GREAT JOB PEOPLES!

You might be surprised Doupie. My outlay is barely over $30(not counting discs, already had them) and have supplies to do quite a few. Found it all @ local Fred Meyer.

Roll White contact paper $4 (enough for a ton of discs)
Xacto knife / blades $4
can Acetone $3
wide variety of older Rit dyes $20(could have spent much less)

Already had old pan, cotton balls and piece of tempered glass. All you really need.

My first attempt at dyeing all the way to the edge (had some difficulty with putting the vinyl on the disc).. There is some bleeding on the edge which also found its way to the back of the rim. I wasn't too concerned about it since it is on the back. There are a couple of really small bleeds on the front. I was contemplating adding some dark orange marbling on top (concentric circles) but didn't know if that would be too much or if it wouldn't show up because the disc is already orange. Anyone have any thoughts? It is a Sirius Orion LS with an explosion hazard warning symbol for a friend who works in the safety department at his employer.

IMG_4410.jpg

I feel so violated.

bob2sDSC_8829.jpg

Hot Sh*t! well played Dan. I like your call of leaving the stamp on there.

Decided to leave the outside ring after the stencil was already on. Bad idea. and turned out way too dark for me

Attachments

• IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 125
My first attempt at dyeing all the way to the edge (had some difficulty with putting the vinyl on the disc).. There is some bleeding on the edge which also found its way to the back of the rim. I wasn't too concerned about it since it is on the back. There are a couple of really small bleeds on the front. I was contemplating adding some dark orange marbling on top (concentric circles) but didn't know if that would be too much or if it wouldn't show up because the disc is already orange. Anyone have any thoughts? It is a Sirius Orion LS with an explosion hazard warning symbol for a friend who works in the safety department at his employer.

Nicely done, the marbling looks great. I think the dark orange would show up, but might be too much for the design on the disc, looks great as it is. I've found when I dye to the edge, you need to carry whatever you cut all the way to the back of the disc and not just cut it on the rim. The dye and hot water will always get under that edge and once it does it'll travel all over the place. I like that look sometimes though and do it on purpose to get a marbled rim.

next dyes outline ready to go. artwork drawn by yours truely lol

2011-09-13_19-57-39_757.jpg

dont mind the bubbles, i have a little bubble pushin to do. got most of them pushed away from the lines pretty good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts