• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first success at the shaving cream/dye technique that I've read about here. Thank you to all who have posted pics, tips and such.
rwb2.jpg
(star boss)

Answer to my question?

I'm pretty new to this, but since no one else has answered I'll try. Remasking is when you dye multiple colors and need to cover your first and subsequent colors so as to not have the newest color affect the others. Have never tried it yet as my multi color disc was only black (which stays black no matter what you cover it with) and 2 dips of blue with only cutting/removing some of the vinyl to get the different shades. I hope this helps. You can also read more about it by searching 'remasking'

yeah, I checked and there is a lot of good information on this if you search 'remasking' or 'multiple color dyes' I think someone did a step by step somewhere, not sure who though.

Philman selling his gear got me thinkin about that sweet dye from the contest last year, and how many other sweet dyes he threw out. We got to meet at BG Ams for a bit, and the discs(of course) looked 100x better in person.

I found and had to dye one of the great skate logos from our youth, threw it on a clear Champion Beast 170g.
I wanted the design to look a little different than just slapping it straight on. I skewed the cross a bit, and added the crescent rim around the right side -- pic in the middle-bottom shows how close the line goes around, and it's perfect all the way around. Should look great flying, certainly looks sweet spinning in the hand!

We'll miss ya, Philmannnnnnnnnnn!

6148202549_3a3d2476cd_b.jpg

6148742760_5b88cc246d_b.jpg

Just finished dyeing one of the new transparent Ions. I tried marbling since they seem to have problems taking dye. After 21 hours in shaving cream, it is still pretty lightly colored. Good think I just got a whole box full of the Medium white Ions direct from MVP.

IMG_4414.jpg

Philman selling his gear got me thinkin about that sweet dye from the contest last year, and how many other sweet dyes he threw out. We got to meet at BG Ams for a bit, and the discs(of course) looked 100x better in person.

I found and had to dye one of the great skate logos from our youth, threw it on a clear Champion Beast 170g.
I wanted the design to look a little different than just slapping it straight on. I skewed the cross a bit, and added the crescent rim around the right side -- pic in the middle-bottom shows how close the line goes around, and it's perfect all the way around. Should look great flying, certainly looks sweet spinning in the hand!

We'll miss ya, Philmannnnnnnnnnn!

6148742760_5b88cc246d_b.jpg

Just read that post, nice "tribute" BennettUA, the technique is, gotta say it, Philman like!!! :thmbup::hfive::thmbup:
He's a true master of the craft, his dyes have inspired me to work hard and learn everything I can about dye on discs!

Great dyes in the last few pages. Love the Star Wars stuff, especially the R2D2.

Dan, awesome Fear and loathing, best one I've seen, excellent use of marbling as always.

Great looking dye Maansmit and of course, fantastic tribute Bennett, Philman will be missed. He was one of the guys who greatly inspired me much like he did Dan. Wish I had the extra cash laying around to pick up that plotter.

Nice! is that SC/dye mix applied directly to the disc, or dye floated on SC and then disc placed on mix face down?

Yeah, I did the dip first (the geometric cross looking thingie), then floated the disc in the shaving cream for 24 hrs. I used orange and red, but you can hardly see the orange due to the crappy cell phone pic :(

When he drives with that, please tell me he occasionaly yells "Poliwrath! I choose you!"

Heh heh, I've always contemplated making a bag full of pokemon...

I'd want a dyed bag full of weapons from River City Ransom. Even have a putter with a bad guy on it since you could pick them up and throw 'em.

This is my first success at the shaving cream/dye technique that I've read about here. Thank you to all who have posted pics, tips and such.
rwb2.jpg
(star boss)

That's a great looking dye for a first. Love the color combo.:thmbup:

finished it today, did the powdered rit mixed with acetone and painted it on. way fun!!! i much prefer this way to dipping and waiting. need a repirator tho lol too many fumes even outside. think it turned out good tho for my first color and first painting it on. used demin blue and it turned out grey, woulda liked a little blue in there but o well!

2011-09-15_17-01-11_287.jpg

That came out AWESOME, Austin234 - the colors look great, and the blood is top notch, well done :hfive: :hfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts