• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys for the nice words. im pretty happy wih how it came out. it looks even better in person, thevalues are alot easier to see and the colors are more vibrant

i deffenitly suggest trying the acetone/dye paint on method its a blast. but practice on a disc you dont care about first cause its not quite like any other kind of painting lol

finished it today, did the powdered rit mixed with acetone and painted it on. way fun!!! i much prefer this way to dipping and waiting. need a repirator tho lol too many fumes even outside. think it turned out good tho for my first color and first painting it on. used demin blue and it turned out grey, woulda liked a little blue in there but o well!

2011-09-15_17-01-11_287.jpg

great job, keep it up

are there any "how to" videos for the marbling effect on discs.

Yes, see the thread in this section titled "Marbling Agents".
Dan Howard started it and gives advice, along w/ other folks who tweaked the proccess.

I dyed this for a friend who wanted something to commemorate his service in the military, and his career in the medical field. I figured what better design than the military insignia from one of his units. He mentioned that his favorite time serving was with the 50th General Hospital (decommissioned after the first Desert Storm).

He's extremely happy with the way this one turned out.:thmbup:

picture.php

A big thanks goes out to Marzac for help with the vectorization on this image.

I dyed this for a friend who wanted something to commemorate his service in the military, and his career in the medical field. I figured what better design than the military insignia from one of his units. He mentioned that his favorite time serving was with the 50th General Hospital (decommissioned after the first Desert Storm).

He's extremely happy with the way this one turned out.:thmbup:

picture.php

A big thanks goes out to Marzac for help with the vectorization on this image.

As well as he should be, nicely done!

Thanks, Koogs. I love your wolf/full moon dye. Is the moon stenciled or painted on?

Thanks. It's stenciled and the dark parts are way darker than I wanted. I had no idea that the navy blue would get that dark in only 2 minutes. Live and learn. :)

Thanks. It's stenciled and the dark parts are way darker than I wanted. I had no idea that the navy blue would get that dark in only 2 minutes. Live and learn. :)

I hear ya. I need to try shorter dip times to get the desired 'midtones' but its all about the learning experience and the fun along the way. Plus all my dyes so far are my throwers anyways so its not like I'm messing up someone elses plastic :p Here are a couple that could have been better if my timing was right.
sttl1.jpg
Star TL
DSCF00022.jpg
Champ Valkyrie

I hear ya. I need to try shorter dip times to get the desired 'midtones' but its all about the learning experience and the fun along the way. Plus all my dyes so far are my throwers anyways so its not like I'm messing up someone elses plastic :p Here are a couple that could have been better if my timing was right.
sttl1.jpg
Star TL
DSCF00022.jpg
Champ Valkyrie

Nothing wrong with either of those, they look great.

finished it today, did the powdered rit mixed with acetone and painted it on. way fun!!! i much prefer this way to dipping and waiting. need a repirator tho lol too many fumes even outside. think it turned out good tho for my first color and first painting it on. used demin blue and it turned out grey, woulda liked a little blue in there but o well!

absolutely love it!

I'd love to have a roc with this on it, but I throw dx rocs... =(

Makes me think I should do something for my Fuse....Like a lit fuse going towards a pile of TNT, that has a Bee and a Roc tied back to back sitting on top of it...

edit: and also, well done Austin!

Makes me think I should do something for my Fuse....Like a lit fuse going towards a pile of TNT, that has a Bee and a Roc tied back to back sitting on top of it...

edit: and also, well done Austin!

that would be awesome!! you should deffinitly do it!

if anyone wants the vector let me know. i have no problem sharing as long as you dont make a bunch and sell them

here's what i've been up to while i've been gone, just some personal dyes.

216667_155602417850335_100002017328585_320416_7284593_n.jpg

281630_160744967336080_100002017328585_335145_6507520_n.jpg

*artwork provided by Ken Jackson

292375_160744517336125_100002017328585_335144_7644193_n.jpg

*artwork provided by Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts