• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess. It's the only way I know of. I just draped 6 or so plastic bags over a bucket and taped them in place. Then I painted a light coat of dye on the bags, and set the disc in there for 5 hours. That is the only method I could find instructions on. People seem to be protective over the marble stuff, like it's a secret recipe.

I'm ok with how it turned out, but it's not what I expected. Also, I admittedly got excited and probably removed it too soon. Also, the whole right side seemed to not get much dye. Should I have painted more on there?

I'm ok with how it turned out, but it's not what I expected. Also, I admittedly got excited and probably removed it too soon. Also, the whole right side seemed to not get much dye. Should I have painted more on there?

i don't know. i've never done them that way. you can always do it again to get more depth to your marble effect, you know?

i thought you just put a piece of saran wrap in a pan. crinkle it up, put a little dye on there, BAM...am i wrong?

That's pretty much it. I use shopping bags over saran wrap just because I have an endless supply of them and like that they don't cling without moisture. I crumple two or three up and selectively pour some warm dye over top of them. After i put the disc on top of the setup, I'll generally weigh it down with a couple mason jars full of dye. I leave that on there anywhere from fifteen minutes to overnight.

This was in blue and purple for about an hour for each color.
Dye-20---Yin-Yang-Fish-Z-Wasp.jpg

As soon as I get some more discs, I'll be back at it. I have a tourney soon, so hopefully I'll win some plastic.

It takes a lot less than you would think. My rule of thumb is if you think you've poured too much, you probably have. It's a trial and error process though.

Thanks for the kind words on the fish yang. It's one of the only dyes of mine that I actually carry.

Last edited:
It takes a lot less than you would think. My rule of thumb is if you think you've poured too much, you probably have. It's a trial and error process though.

i'll have to try that out. i'm thinking a red layer then a blue one, or green...on that Rat Fink pearly orc i posted a little bit ago

Red has always dyed considerably brighter than any other colors I've used with this method. It won't need to stay in as long.

i've got it on the blue right now, i crammed 4 plastic bags in the pot i dye in. put some dye in, then the disc. i've got 3 planters sitting on top of the disc right now (about 2 pounds each) so it should be nice and even

i've got it on the blue right now, i crammed 4 plastic bags in the pot i dye in. put some dye in, then the disc. i've got 3 planters sitting on top of the disc right now (about 2 pounds each) so it should be nice and even

I think I'm going to try your method. What you got was what I was looking for. What was your dye mixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.