• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one I did today!

IMG_4197.jpg

Smooooth Trooper
166gram Champ Beast X-Out, unthrown. Up for grabs if anyone wants it, I just wanted to do this dye for a while, turned out perfectly clean.

4908123001_215c589189.jpg

lol thats great Bennett...i think i saw you out at chattooga belle farm the other weekend, there were two guys who lost a few disc including a yager one and then i saw it on your profile so i thought it might have been you out there, if so how did you like it?

she did say that, i heard it.

i did it for about an hour and a half, doing 20 mins, then heating it a bit, 20 more, heat...still got a dull grey color, but it kind works with the theme of the dye :)

IMG00369-20100818-2228.jpg

25899132694664607110030.jpg

hunter s anyone? btw yes it says vinnie at the bottom. thats who it was for.

lol thats great Bennett...i think i saw you out at chattooga belle farm the other weekend, there were two guys who lost a few disc including a yager one and then i saw it on your profile so i thought it might have been you out there, if so how did you like it?

Yep, that was us! We didn't lose any after that, we just spotted for each other.
GREAT course, but so straight. I love the elevation changes, and the views are incredible, but so many open holes are just straight. Long, up/downhill, but the straightness got to me, so much land out there to do what they want with! But I guess that's why the fairways are so tight(and why we each lost a disc by the third hole) -- it may be straight, but they want you to be in the fairway.
I know this course will get better, I look forward to seeing it develop!

Here's the latest one. It's a comet on what else, a Z-Comet. Used sunburst orange with a hint of scarlet red for 25 minutes on low heat. All hand drawn and cut. A few mistakes and a tiny bleed but I'm pretty happy with it for my 3rd dye.

Comet.jpg

I wanted to try some with a little bit of difficulty. Both of these are hand drawn and cut. Sorry for the XXL photos, but I don't feel like resizing them. :)

First one is a set of koi fish on a Z-Glide 174g.

koi2.jpg

Second one is the Mayan Calender that says the world is ending in 2012 on an Innova Champion Xcalibur around a 174-176 weight. (I erased the marker and forgot what the weight was) I also dyed the inside of the disc to get a color closer to orange in the center.

Calander2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.