• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, nothing.

and dave...all plastics blur over time, but some do it far more slowly than others. (ions, esp, flx blur quick whereas champ, goldline and opto do it SLOOOOOWWWW).

That happens to all plastics.

thanks, nothing.

and dave...all plastics blur over time, but some do it far more slowly than others. (ions, esp, flx blur quick whereas champ, goldline and opto do it SLOOOOOWWWW).

exactly, I was wondering if these star skeeters are similar to the flx plastic, in they blur way fast, unlike normal star plastic. I remember noticing blurring in flx plastic only a few days later. I want to avoid this happening again.

spiff do you cure your discs? 24-48 hrs in the fridge usually prevents (postpones) a lot of blurring.

A commissioned dye for a local club. Peterborough Disc Golf Club Champion disc

picture.php

yeah. they also said they were gonna keep blank ions coming.

soft blanks have been unavailable for two months and counting.:wall:

I've been grabbin any new blank Ions I see just to have 'em for later...found me a white one recently!

howard: between FLX and Champ.
haha, always so helpful.

from my experience star's are pretty good about blurring. they don't blur for a few months. they do fade some tho. bright sharp colors get not so bright.

and apoth, thanks for the tip. it's been a while since i've dyed, but I did start freezing them afterward cuz of a tip on this thread. how much does that really help in the long run tho? anyone notice any differences over time?

also, just to ask again, anyone dyed a relatively new star skeeter? the plastic is pretty flexible. wondering how it fades...

@apoth: Welcome back, and awesome set of Lat64 discs, that's a fantastic set of discs. The GF's been wanting to put the troll face on something.

@peebs: love the knife, damn well done. Vector looks sick, about to take the stamp off mine, now I'm scared.

@Dan: Great gradient, love the Buddha.

@nothing: Great detail on that one, should be a winner with whoever's getting it.

Just finished up this GL Flow for the guy who runs the local club, need to do a hannya or oni mask for myself now. Fist GL disc I've dyed, man they're sweet, need to get some for myself.

picture.php

Gold Line Flow - Hannya Mask

That is FAN TAS TIC, Neuron! Excellent use of color, and the design looks great on the disc.

Spliff, I havn't done a skeeter but the star darts are also really soft and they do seem to blur a little more than firmer star.

Burnt, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts