• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
burntneuron, I am jealous. You have been at this a lot shorter of a time then I have been and you have surpassed my skill with that pumpkin. Amazing. You are climbing the ranks my friend.

sry guys it has been so long since I have been in the dye room, but coaching basketball is quite the time commitment. Here is something I just finished for a customer and the light saber is the sole reason I decided to learn how to dye with an airbrush.

Thanks bigman, You've done some pretty sick dyes, and that yoda is killer, not sure if I've surpassed you, especially with the airbrushing. What kind of dye were you using with the airbrush? I need to learn how to do that.

I am experimenting trying to find a good medium. that was done using 2 oz of liquid rit, 1/2 a tsp of powder rit of same color, 1 oz of dish soap so the spray coats and sticks, not runs, and then acetone to thin it out. I will be doing a full right up and posting it in my "airbrushing" thread. it might be awhile though because my wife just went to the hospital in labor pains!!! so what am I doing on DGCR??? g2g

bigmanbailye, I'd be interested in your airbrushing write up, but yeah, take care of your family first :)

UFC's Bruce Buffer on an Ion
BruceBuffer.jpg

Last edited:
bigmanbailye, I'd be interested in your airbrushing write up, but yeah, take care of your family first :)

UFC's Bruce Buffer on an Ion
BruceBuffer.jpg

Can't say I would ever have expected to see a Bruce Buffer dye. :)

jeez I luv this thread, it just keeps gettin' better and better:clap:

I only started dyeing a couple months ago, and the stuff being posted just in the last few pages is amazing, not to mention the innovations (shaving cream :clap:). I know mine doesn't compare to the latest stuff, but it's my best one so far. Only one mistake and I managed to hide it.:)

Attachments

• DSCN9070.jpg
    DSCN9070.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 90
Apothecary dye on xout teebird

img20110312102620.jpg

Ditto

img20110312102719.jpg

Northman (with deepest hotstamp on earth...well executed, 'poth!)

img20110312102636.jpg

Played for these today
RNSTrophies-Dave.jpg
Handpainted by my favorite disc golfin' artist Dave Hemmeline.

Unfortunately the mojo I had put into my discs was not enough to overcome my complete lack of skills and I took none of these home. I think my dyed discs flew better than those who also completely lacked disc throwin' skills!

Did this one the other day planning on donating it as a CTP prize but I woke up late and forgot to bring it with me :doh: guess I'll have to keep it.
ramnkatana2.jpg

I'm just starting out dyeing my discs. Here's one i just did on a Glow Orc. There must have been some kind of residue left on my disc before dyeing due to the weird discoloration in the mouth. Next up for me is a Don Hertzfeldt disc with the "my anus is bleeding" blob.

Attachments

• RH Bear.jpg
    RH Bear.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 64
Did this one the other day planning on donating it as a CTP prize but I woke up late and forgot to bring it with me :doh: guess I'll have to keep it.
ramnkatana2.jpg

Maybe I missed something on this thread, cuz I've been slacking on keeping up recently, but how did you do the colors on this disc?! It looks amazing!

I've heard about the spaghetti and marbling techniques, but this seems different. I haven't actually seen the discs done with spaghetti though, just heard about the technique.

Please, do share!
:clap:

a few that are all weeded (still have a few to weed):

for Sloppydisc - Jokeri:

IMG01635-20110313-1716.jpg

for Fatbackbob - WASP tooled Buzzz :cool::

IMG01636-20110313-1755.jpg

PS - has anyone else worked with the premium plastic Jokeri's? the stamp wipes off SO easily with no stain on the disc. and the lines came out nice and crisp.

no sir. i even left the heat on a little longer than usual. came off REALLY easy too when i weeded it. i have a clear one that i dyed and am weeding right now that came out well. lots of bubbles and wine :D

hmm...my dye mustve been a touch warm.:doh:

their stamps come off super easy. made with the dyer in mind.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.