• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First "Negative" dye.......I know it's been done before but looking back through the thread, Agent Peabody inspired me to do this with his post of the one he did.

"Eddie" from Iron Maiden

DSCN0270-1-1.jpg

And one day I will figure out how to post a decent sized dam picture on here....

Will "The Thrill" on a Lat 64 Striker

picture.php

I am loving this dye.

I have a few different ideas for clockwork orange dyes. Trying to find one to put on my Orange PD2

I did a couple Clockwork Orange dyes for a friend, I'd gladly share the stencils/files or do the job if you want either of these:
5173235924_046d8a9093_z.jpg

5173234322_978abb4bf8_z.jpg

Did these for our local World Champ, Star Wraith on the left, then bottom-stamped Star Destroyers.
5914231132_d7a4c0d867_z.jpg

(sorry for the bad pic, cell phone pic just before delivery)
You might be able to see a "rim" of area where the dye didn't take well on both the center and right discs. This rim is around the fattest part of the disc, and it looks scratchy/ crossed all around, on both discs. I imagine this was something to do with the molding, as I had just dyed another bottom-stamped Destroyer(Vader lighting a cig) and had lots of graining but not necesarily around the rim like these.

Just thought I'd share that, in case anyone else runs into the same issue with white Star plastic.

This is a Champion Ape, 172g. Think I'm going to sell this on the auction here, haven't tried that yet.
5913670689_deb5ed2ffe_z.jpg

And here's a taste of where the rest of my time is spent, for those wondering why I don't post as much anymore :D

Hard to tell from this pic, but the designs go all the way to and AROUND the outer edge, so when they spin, they look SICK, even when thrown flat, which isn't nearly as visible when only the top is dyed.

5914261992_5619131052_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hope they know how lucky they got when you said yes Bennett. Nice stack o discs, the detail on that ape is fantastic!

A simple one for a customer, an interesting way to personalize your disc :)
IamJackssDSC_8238.jpg

Dan I did hit it with a bit of green and glad I did. I even highlighted the text and think it turned out better. Shameless plug, this disc is up for auction HERE

IMAG0230.jpg

My first Dye Ever!!

I know that it looks pretty bad. It is my first Dye ever!! I love all the disc I see on here and they amaze me on the detail. I just thought I would try to join the fun and my NON artistic side didn't help me much. Champ Orc even Yoshi has one!! :)

Attachments

• yoshi.jpg
    yoshi.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 105
Pearly (I'm talking mutha o' pearl) X-out Champ Orc

Attachments

• PearlyOrc.jpg
    PearlyOrc.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 107
simple but sweet! I like the way you wiped the stamp after the dip.

Thanks!
Actually I wiped the stamp beforehand, leaving the "Innova Factory Second" on. The text was bright silver and I wanted to highlight it as part of the design.

A Glo Leopard done over the weekend.
My phone would not take a picture of it glowing in the dark:doh:

Attachments

• glolep.jpg
    glolep.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 47
So it's been a while since I not only post, but actually had time to do some dyes. These are just a few for myself (which is kind of nice). The Captain America was my plotter test, it's a nice tester that always comes out looking nice.

picture.php

GL River

picture.php

Z Magnet (Deepest Hotstamp I've ever run across)

picture.php

Z Magnet

picture.php

Glo Gazelle

Big ups to everybody on here it's so nice to see people genuinely trying to help one another to improve their work. Keep up the good work.

Nice JDW, we have been missing your work in here! What is on that river, kinda looks like a crazy Alien?

Here is the other from last nite, a little picasso for ya...
DonQuixotesDSC_8222.jpg

Hope they know how lucky they got when you said yes Bennett. Nice stack o discs, the detail on that ape is fantastic!

A simple one for a customer, an interesting way to personalize your disc :)
IamJackssDSC_8238.jpg
Ok...Dan...please do a DNA test and determine if I am a love child of yours so you are entitled to make me discs for free! OMG...this disc is INSANELY touching my Medula Oblongata...like drinking 14 Root Beers at once...

*****I BOW TO YOUR BRILLIANCE*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts