• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dyed Aces Thread

roggenb3

* Ace Member *
The Lost dyes thread was sad, and made me think about how I have as many dyed aces as I do lost dyes. So this is a thread for talking about all the aces you or others have gotten with discs that you dyed!

I aced hole 1 (right pin position) at Hiestand with Bruce:
picture.php

And the guy I did this one for aced hole 16 (right pin position) at Hiestand with this:
picture.php

I also helped someone dye their own disc (don't have a pic), which they then aced Token Creek hole 26 with.

Hmmmm..... my 1st dyed disc ace was with a camo dyed star monster. 2nd was with a ring dyed breaker. No pics right now :/

Also.... that eyeball is awesome.

Great idea for a thread, and great reasoning!

Most recent ace was with my "I would die without you" GL River, hole 1 at Tyger River in Spartanburg, SC.

Naturally, I took the lefty line :D I love to power down on fairways for control shots like these, and this one was butter on bread. Even had the parks guys to witness from their golf cart!
be49d504.jpg

21c68c35.jpg

10369140_10152876835058035_1174351159159262803_n.jpg

Great idea for a thread, and great reasoning!

Most recent ace was with my "I would die without you" GL River, hole 1 at Tyger River in Spartanburg, SC.

Naturally, I took the lefty line :D I love to power down on fairways for control shots like these, and this one was butter on bread. Even had the parks guys to witness from their golf cart!
be49d504.jpg

21c68c35.jpg

10369140_10152876835058035_1174351159159262803_n.jpg

Dang...that course must be brand new. I go down to Spartanburg for work about once a year, and don't remember that being there last time I was down there last Feb. Can't wait to hit that next time I'm down there...will be nice to not have to go all the way up to Va-Du-Mar.

Aced hole 17 at Bird's Ruins in January of 2013 with this. Then in the summer, I got my first witnessed ace at a Tourney in Saukville, hole 9, same disc. The next day, I aced hole 17 again at Bird's Ruins (again witnessed), same disc. Then, later in the summer, got hole 17 again at Bird's, same disc. So, to sum up, 4 aces in 2013, all with this disc. To say this is "my ace disc" would be an understatement.

Dang...that course must be brand new. I go down to Spartanburg for work about once a year, and don't remember that being there last time I was down there last Feb. Can't wait to hit that next time I'm down there...will be nice to not have to go all the way up to Va-Du-Mar.

Tyger is brand new, installed in October. Lots of fun, some great long holes. If you like Va-Du-Mar, you'll like Tyger. Not as challenging as VDM, not as many wooded shots, but TONS of fun and a beautiful park.

Back in May of 2013, I aced my first throw at Miami U's nine hole course with this MVP Tensor, dyed by DyeingToPlay. His 'commission' was to dye something related to my online persona. He did a pretty good job with idea and execution (thanks, Brian!), so I'm really proud to have this as an ace disc!
12b8868e.jpg

hit my first ace w this disc. one of my favorites but i retired it. esp buzzz. hole 16 brys park. may of last year.

Attachments

• myfirstace5.21.14.jpg
    myfirstace5.21.14.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 42
  • carnage.jpg
    carnage.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 49
Back in May of 2013, I aced my first throw at Miami U's nine hole course with this MVP Tensor, dyed by DyeingToPlay. His 'commission' was to dye something related to my online persona. He did a pretty good job with idea and execution (thanks, Brian!), so I'm really proud to have this as an ace disc!
12b8868e.jpg

:clap::thmbup:

Ace during leagues today hole #6 at Hiestand Park in Madison, WI with my dyed Ryu Track!

4OZ4IRx.png

vKyDWFa.png

Last edited:
I finally got an ace with something other than Clockwork Orange (from a few posts back). Aced hole M2 at Standing Rocks last Thursday with this one.

My son aced hole 13 (Hole of the day from 6-6) at the 2013 Bird's Ruins Fall Classic with this one.

^NICE!! 13 is the pyramid, right?

And thanks for reminding me. I aced Token Creek (Vallarta-Ast on here) hole 14 long tee to white position with this Trak:

picture.php

It was like the first disc I did on the spinner.

I forgot to post my ace with Marvin from HHG2G

Attachments

• 20150429_072017.jpg
    20150429_072017.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 44
Aced Token Creek hole 8, short to blue with this:

picture.php

It's 230ish, but plays uphill and around trees so that throwing my Jokeri (I don't have an OS mid in my bag right now) only gets me to the pin, never quite enough to ace it. So lately been upping it to the Respecti and gunning for the ace. Worked out yesterday. Was in a group of 5 plus 4 people watching from long tee. Those are always fun.

That is ace #17. Third dyed ace.

Don't have a pic of it, but I got another one. Birds Ruins Hole 9 with a dyed Tursas. Same design as this one, but blue:

picture.php

Latest posts