• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The farthest shot you ever made into the basket

StymieDidIt

Par Member
OK. Time to give some props to shots that were awesome but didn't count as an "ace". I've banged a bunch of shots on approach that were between 170' and 290', but NEVER an ace. What's the longest shot that you've made into the basket, period. The only criteria is that it has to be while playing a round. I'm really interested in hearing about long distance non-aces.

Ha! I'm pretty new to DG, so it's not very impressive, but I holed a 30 footer from behind a tree to save par.

Hey, it's a start.......

I have hit a few 70-100 footers in my day. Most recently I hit a 70+ foot upshot on hole 12 at Expo park.

I made about a 120'-130' approach. Unfortunately, it was on a 640' hole where I'd already shanked my drive, so it was to save bogey 4. :eek:

BLM

From the fairway about 220 feet with an XD back in 1988 playing doubles with Mike Sullivan in Etobicoke, Toronto. Nothing close since! Longest ace is 375 feet with a Roc hole 3 at Morley Field (slightly down hill).

I nailed a shot for birdie from about 300' out. It was about a 400 foot hole where you throw over a slight hill. I threw way to low and to the right. It ended up about 300 ft away almost on top of the hill. I pulled out a ZX2 and let it fly. It slammed the chains and dropped right in for bird. Might as well have been an ace.:)

My longest was a 290' shot on a Mulligan. It was my first shot on the first hole of my home course. I slipped in the gravel and the Destroyer hyzered hard and high into the woods. I said phuck it, and took my Mulligan right there. I didn't feel like starting the round from the woods. I grab my Leopard 170g , let it rip, and the freakin thing goes straight down the fairway and then fades right into the basket.

My furthest shot ever would be the ace from the furthest ace thread. Farthest non-ace would be about 125' (took a 3 on a 630' hole).

I've hit metal from around 220', and have missed by inches at around 255'.

i don't know if it is the farthest I have finished a hole but I did hit a tone pole from about 160' that felt better than an ace to me

ive hit a few 200ft shots and several close to that i think the furthest one was around 230 or so , the most recent 200ft shot(birdey) was at mozola #2 two weeks ago i was throwing my black jax axe lighted floater (which is the most flippy pos alive) with an exteme hyzer but it still flipped super right right into the side of the overpass and left me with shot on the side of the hill at the basket on the side of the hill which if a hadnt made would have gone way down the hill

anyway i throw my ls polaris and i know right from the start i didnt put enough right on it and it was heading for bogeytown but i also knew it had chance to go almost right away and the the thing sounded like a freaking explosion when it hit cause it was coming in so hot and i think i scared some mexican family that was watching turtles on the bridge . it felt better knowing someone heard it eve nif they didnt realize how far it was.

funny thing was i had just had a miracle par save on #1 after my drive hit the tree and went like 75ft so i was pretty pumped then when i messed up #2s drive i almost felt like giving up. funny thing was the last time i hit a shot that long at a different course i felt like giving up too cause before really screwin up that time i was on track to beat my best round and i knew for sure i was going to bogey then i hit that long par save and went on to shoot my best round ,so as luck would have it after i after hitting that shot at mozola i shot my best round there and both on rounds i felt real good going in but blew and felt like giving up.

Last edited:
#7 at Lenora Park (GA) is a par 5 but at only 431 feet and NOTHING on this flat hole it should be a par 4 at the most. Still when I was just starting out it was great to get eagles on it, and when i made a 200+ footer for an albatross was amazing and still to day the best shot I ever made. Second throw was with a Buzz X.

I was playing Mint Hill, not long after I first started playing DG.
Threw it in on #8 from about 150'. Man, that was pretty. I can still see it in my mind's eye.
The farthest I've thrown in was about 165' on #17 at Castle Hayne Park in Wilmington, NC.

I hit a 150' for birdie with the basket around the side of a tree. I hit it with a forehand shot and I never throw forehand!

I hit a shot that was right over 200 feet at peaks view a couple weeks back. I shanked my drive big time after griplocking it on #17, and the best part was I got it on tape.

Peaks View

prolly 230? i was about 10 foot from the tee because i hit a tree, i threw a beat up valk because it was the first thing i grabbed, and it went in, i was excited lol.

Latest posts