• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The farthest shot you ever made into the basket

I forgot about another one I made:

About a year ago, I was playing hole number 15 at Bear Branch in The Woodlands, TX. Those of you who have played it know its a pretty tight hole, with lots of bushes and trees on both sides. I slipped on my drive, and sent my disc into the bushes about 30ft away. It hit the bushes and rolled out into the fairway leaving me with a 190ft shot.

I was so pissed , I just walked up to my lie, pulled out a Champ Coyote and just chucked it in the direction of the basket. As it got near the basket, it started to fade, and I knew I was going to miss the basket by a few feet. While it was about 12 feet from the basket, it hit a very small tree, bounced off the tree, came back, and nailed the chains dead center , and stuck in the basket!

I was so excited and in shock, that I just let out a huge yell! Some people that were going from 16-17 came over,and asked "Did you just get an ace?" I said "No, but it was a damn pretty sight to see". That was my longest shot to hit the chains, and I was glad my wife was there to see it as well.

I hit a 60-70' shot for birdie. That's my longest so far, but I've only been at this about 2.5 months. Hit that shot was with my 172 DX Roc, which is now my go to approach/ really long putter.

I hit a 60-70' shot for birdie. That's my longest so far, but I've only been at this about 2.5 months. Hit that shot was with my 172 DX Roc, which is now my go to approach/ really long putter.

That is great. Not bad for only playing that long.

My brother only plays about once a month, and on Sunday I was playing with him, SpringDGLover and a few other friends, and we all saw my brother shoot from out of the woods, and nail an 80ft approach shot. It was very cool to see.

Thanks Midnight. It was mostly luck, I think...haha! There was a big tree about 3' behind the basket, so I figured if I missed long, it was going to hit the tree. So I chucked it harder than I normally would have (I'm one of those lay up kinda guys), and heard that sweet chain music. It's my best shot to date.

Thanks Midnight. It was mostly luck, I think...haha! There was a big tree about 3' behind the basket, so I figured if I missed long, it was going to hit the tree. So I chucked it harder than I normally would have (I'm one of those lay up kinda guys), and heard that sweet chain music. It's my best shot to date.
theres nothing wrong with the lay-up style either the disc dies in the basket or you get an easy putt and if it goes long you nail the chains or miss and still have an easy putt

a good way to go for it sometimes but not worry about missing and sailing to far away is to take a knee when you throw.

on monday I threw a crap roller that took a bad bounce and turned hard left and actually circled back and left me a 250+ footer behind allot of trees. so I pull out the gator thinking I'll throw a huge spike hyzer and just leave it in putting range without skipping. I ripped it and as it flew up and the wind caught it it started to blow left hard and I was like oh no and then it just fell out of the sky slamming the chains and sticking. the other 3 in my group weren't even watching and heads whipped around when they heard it crash.

but one of my favs was in a practice shot.
2 tuesdays ago I took second in our handicap league and it won me a dx disc. well the disc box only had a dx cro and dx teebird so I said fu%k it and took the cro. never threw one but felt good in my hands. walked over by basket 6 and launched it towards basket 9 on its virgin flight and bang it stuck from 200ft+ away. It was awesome!!! never throwing the mold brand new and throwing it once but never touching the ground lol.

Over the weekend, I hit a 45' shot and a 55' shot with a 150g Tbird, both in moderate wind. I'm hoping to be able to make longer shots, but I've only been throwing for two months so far.

my brother aced a 236 footer once. he's also aced a 155 footer. of course, this thread isn't titled 'the farthest shot your brother ever made' so i guess this really doesn't matter here.

I hit one from about 300' (longer than either of my aces). It was on the 1001' hole at Idlewild, and I had thrown two decent shots before that to get over the top of the hill. I was just trying to get it close and go for the birdie, but my shot went a little high and stuck for the 3 (the other two times I've played there I've gotten 5s on that hole).
Nice Eagle!

(For the naysayers- just another reason why par matters. It feels a whole lot better to bag an eagle than to just save a ridiculously labeled "par".)

I made about a 120'-130' approach. Unfortunately, it was on a 640' hole where I'd already shanked my drive, so it was to save bogey 4.
Unless that hole has an elevation drop of over 45 ft you actually saved your par with that 4. :)

I skipped a 174g TeeBird in from about 260' out. It was incredible because at that time I had only been playing for about a year. I haven't made anything that long since, although today I hit the basket from about 120' feet out.

About 90' around some trees on #18 at the Woodshed in Paw Paw, WV. Was just left of the barn (clubhouse) and had to hyzer an Aviar through the trees protecting the basket and nailed it.

My 2nd longest was on the same course on #2. I made it all of the way up to the top of the hill (two shots, not my drive) and went a little long under some branches. I had to throw a low hyzer under the branches and into the woods. Using the Aviar again, from about 70' out, it skipped into the basket. I thought "Oh Crap" when I released it as I couldn't see the line though the trees. But then I heard the beautiful Cha-Ching!

Last edited:
About 130 because it was a blind uphill shot that's hard to step off. About 9' away was a steep embankment, 15' in front of me a small tree and the pin was a good 110 feet from the top of the embankment between my lie and the pin. I threw a rainbow hyzer that I didn't think had a chance but it was almost all basket and very little chain. Got it with a beat to hell Cyclone I found years ago!

Shanked a drive on a 410 ft, lhbh-favoring hole and was over 200' out, threw a thumber w/ a CFR Viper that went through a tree about a foot after it left my hand, and thanks to a strong wind pushing on the bottom of the flight plate the disc stalled and dropped straight into the right side of the basket and stopped dead.

This is mine, over hundred feet at least!! You have to squint to see me but thats only because I'm so far away :)
picture.php

s3bvikingsasw's
picture.php

Him with his viper so proud and so lucky!!!
picture.php

#10 at McClain in San Antonio, par 4, 500'+ hole, I threw what I thought was a great drive down the right side of the fairway, only for the disc to hit a little twig hanging off a mesquite tree out over the fairway. The disc flipped up and hyzered back into the trees. The disc landed about 70' off the fairway about 260' out from the basket. When I got to my disc, I had a pretty wide opening to throw out of, but was totally blind to the basket.

Pissed off at the disc golf gods for hanging that little twig where I threw my drive, I pulled out a 170g Flick and hucked a high forehand hyzer out of the opening, across the fairway, over the tree line on the other side of the fairway and thought, "Jeez, that looks pretty good if it turns!"

And it turned! I never saw it but heard it hit the chains. I could see two of my friends out on the fairway and they let out their war hoops and started jumping around.

I figure the DG gods were trying to appease me for hanging that twig out there in the first place. LOL

Woodpecker

I have hit a couple around 130. 1 for eagle and 1 for birdie. No aces to report here, sad face. Both were with a #2 driver from lightning. Super accurate approach disc, but we know overall lightning discs are inferior.

Last edited:
I have hit a couple around 130. 1 for eagle and 1 for birdie. No aces to report here, sad face. Both were with a #2 driver from lightning. Super accurate approach disc, but we know overall lightning discs are inferior.

I wouldn't care if it was a pie plate as long as it went in. LOL

Woodpecker