• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Flak

Rain covers still are not in. They are shipping next week separately. Instead of waiting on it, we wanted to get the bags out the door.

If I had something better than my demo I sure would show it off.

Okay, you hadn't said that yet. I am sorry that I am persistant about it, but I hate carrying umbrellas.

Rain covers still are not in. They are shipping next week separately. Instead of waiting on it, we wanted to get the bags out the door.

Okay, you hadn't said that yet. I am sorry that I am persistant about it, but I hate carrying umbrellas.

Last edited:

Okay, you hadn't said that yet. I am sorry that I am persistant about it, but I hate carrying umbrellas. My eVent rain gear keeps me dry without one and I need a bag that reforms at the same level.. So far my Grip has been equal to the task. But, I do have some issues with wear and some other design flaws. If I could get a bag at a lower price and the same quality, that would be awesome. Your rain cover is a turtle back design that covers the whole bag correct ? Using velcro inplace of snaps..

Good call on waiting to show the rain fly. All these guys spazzin about a rainfly they will use twice a year. Its better to show the best product u can ,rather then a makeshift version.

Good call on waiting to show the rain fly. All these guys spazzin about a rainfly they will use twice a year. Its better to show the best product u can ,rather then a makeshift version.

Actually last May and June it rained here 5 out of the 7 days of the week. I was soooooo glad that I had gotten the Grip at that point. People live in climates other than deserts.....

Wife just sent me a picture text. The bag has landed, the bag has landed:D.......only 6 more hours of work left.:mad:

well tell her to post a picture up!! why do you have to make us suffer while you are working. What kinda disc golfer are you anyway. new bag delivery today and you are working. I would have to question your morals sir!!!! :)

well tell her to post a picture up!! why do you have to make us suffer while you are working. What kinda disc golfer are you anyway. new bag delivery today and you are working. I would have to question your morals sir!!!! :)

I agree. I'm not working the day my bag comes. That's smart.

Being a nurse, I kinda don't have a choice. Have to be at work

I'm a large dude (6' 6", 235 lbs) and I'd be curious as to how this would fit on my back. I love the looks of this and I want one, but I don't want a fat man in a little coat scenario where the strap adjustment rubs against the underside of my armpit because I have to let the straps out the whole way to fit on my body.

Any big guys toting one of these around?

Well, I guess I'll be the first to post em' up. Overall, the bag looks and feels great. There are a few small things that probably need to be addressed.

1. The bag is single stitched, but really needs to be double stitched. There are several small spots on the bag where the stitching is coming un-done and/or loose threads hanging loose. see pic: This is the right shoulder strap.

aae69816.jpg

2. The bottom of the bag seems to be pretty thin. I could see a thick layer of plasti-dip being applied in the very near future. Some rubber feet on the bottom would also be a great addition.

3. The zipper pocket for putters in the front only fits one putter, and it's a snug fit.

4. While the drink holders fit a 32 oz. naglene bottle perfectly, I am not able to fit a disc in the side pocket when the naglene bottle is in the drink holder. This could be remedied by using a taller, thinner bottle, but I love my naglene's.

5. After loading the top of the bag with a putter, towels, snacks, and other small things, the top of the bag sags forward a little. Not a huge deal though. When you have the bag on, it doesn't sag.

51736f7b.jpg

Other than those immediate things I noticed, it seem's like a nice upgrade from my Innova Disccarrier I've had for several years. I will give it a more thorough test this weekend during a tournament I'm playing.

Here are some more pics:

63723841.jpg

45bb5d0b.jpg

a6703140.jpg

I just want to hear some positive reviews about the entire bag: top to bottom. Soon as I get that I'm placing my order.

Stitching coming out isn't good nor is the bottom being thin. Hyzerbomb is good with criticism which they say makes them a better company. I'm sure these things will be fixed.

Stitching coming out isn't good nor is the bottom being thin. Hyzerbomb is good with criticism which they say makes them a better company. I'm sure these things will be fixed.

Grip went thru some of the same issues. They replaced the first runs for free.

I agree. Like I said Hyzerbomb will do things right.