• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Flak

Got my bag in Monday! Overall I love the bag. Only a few things already mentioned that are issues like putters not fitting well in the upper compartment, not the biggest fan of having my drink holder and putters next to each other. Also no mini holder or pencil holder. Just minor things that will most likely be fixed in the future. But like I said I really like my new bag thanks hyzerbomb you guys are great!

Got my bag in Monday! Overall I love the bag. Only a few things already mentioned that are issues like putters not fitting well in the upper compartment, not the biggest fan of having my drink holder and putters next to each other. Also no mini holder or pencil holder. Just minor things that will most likely be fixed in the future. But like I said I really like my new bag thanks hyzerbomb you guys are great!

there is a mini and pencil holder on the front, right below the main disc compartment.

By Monday all of the bags in this run will have shipped! The custom bags took longer than expected but turned out great!

They blend in very well... There are two slots where the velcro straps are. The inside will fit pencils in that.

As for any new product, we know for sure we had some problems with the first run of Flaks but those issues are being sorted out and those bags will be replaced if need be but overall we had a successful run. We will defiantly strive to make a quality products and the feedback here is great.

Thanks again guys and enjoy the bags!

Got mine yesterday... Love at first sight :) those pockets on the side and the putter pocket is so good... I have a Latitude Pure putter which fits so good n the putter pocket. I brought it to the course 2 hours after unpacking it, and the attention from other players was huge... I felt so comfortable with the Flak from the first time i picked it up.... So everyones not already having the Flak on their back... Dont hesitate to race over to Hyzerbombs page and order one...

got mine today and took it straight out for a round....review coming later, hockey game just started...

photo1zdi.jpg

my thoughts..

Pros:

Bag looks great. Main compartment is plenty big enough for all the discs i would want to carry. Shoulder straps are great. With my gel straps i always used my chest strap to walk because the straps rode far outside and always felt like they were going to slide off. The straps on the flak fit perfectly on my shoulders. I dont feel like i will ever really need the chest strap except for maybe navigating the steepest terrain. Bag rides very comfortable and as someone pointed out earlier, kind of up on the belt, so the weight distribution was great, although my round was only about an hour i certainly noticed the difference in the way my back feels from carrying my comp bag with straps. Overall its very comfortable, and unlike some of the others, i didnt notice the frame in my back at all. Plenty of storage space on the bag in the upper compartment. I had a condor in there and there was a ton more space for whatever else one might need. Zippers are all real nice, heavy duty. Plenty of space in zippered side pockets. The internal frame is really nice and is hidden well except for what i mention below

Cons:

Side pockets are probably a bit small. I was able to put a Zone in both sides but its definitely tight and I didnt have anything in the drink holders or other pockets. For those that dont know, the Zone is a smaller diameter disc than a buzz or roc and quite a bit more shallow than a standard putter so i dont think the pockets would be useful for carrying a mid or regular putter. Drivers fit fine in there. The frame doesnt fit great on the left side as your looking at the picture, as was the case with shrooms bag. I had to pull the cover over it maybe 4 times in the round but as the round went on it seemed to stay better so maybe this will also be a non issue with time. If they ever get the original plastic frame problems worked out I may switch it and see how it works..

Neutral/ Other thoughts:

I dont have the same problem as shroom with the putter pocket. My magic fits in there fine and comes out nice, putting it back in is a little work but is a non issue and will probably get a bit more easy with time. I dont see the bottom material being an issue. I had a tent with the same bottom and never had any issues with it. I am neutral on the single stitching. The bag arrived without any seams having any problems and there are no loose threads or anything. I suppose time will tell if stitching becomes an issue but i am sure if there are any problems the HB guys will take care of it.

Overall I am extremely happy with the purchase and feel it was well worth the month wait! When I get the rain fly i will test it out and report back...

Last edited:
Had a few rain flys ship out today! Not enough time to hang on to one for a video, we want them to ship out asap but it's self explanatory...

For those that ordered a Flak I will give you 50% off a t-shirt if you want one to ship with a flap. Just message us.