• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Fluid

ummmm, my Escape came in yesterday, but it doesn't feel much different than my lucid...

I agree that the change isn't major but thats a good thing. Just a little added flex and grip. They didn't need to do much and go crazy and make them too gummy/floppy to make them great to me. I think it's perfect just the way it is really. My disc was sitting outside in below freezing weather for a while and when I pulled it out of the box it still had great grip, isn't that what we want?

I just got a Fluid Escape and it is softer than I was expecting. Almost like my G* Leopard but not quite. I really like it but didn't think transparent plastic could get that soft.

I just got a Fluid Escape and it is softer than I was expecting. Almost like my G* Leopard but not quite. I really like it but didn't think transparent plastic could get that soft.

You should try a Liquid Antidote from Salient Discs! Some of the grippiest soft clear/"candy" plastic out there. Feels indestructible.

All of mine have been slightly more overstable than normal lucid. The truths have a slight little dome and are more high speed stable but not a ton. More like a fresh dyemax fuzion or hybrid. Will have to see if it beats it to straighter with some tree hits.

The judge I'm throwing is actually a decent amount more overstable than all the lucids I have. It's also the only one that was slightly concave so that might be it. It's got less glide and seems to stay very stable and drop out of the air quicker.

The escapes are exactly the same amount of dome just slightly more high speed stable than a normal lucid.

I've not seen any reshaping or anything. Lot of flexing and trying to get one to warp from a few people and they always returned to shape in the cold or indoors. I'm glad they aren't completely soft and just a little bit more than the latest gummy lucid plastic. Means I can use them in the summer if I want too. It's not going to be a plastic I go crazy for and invest hundreds to get every mold in but I never play without a judge, truth, or escape so it's nice to have a few of these for those molds and still have a little feeling and grip in the coldest of days playing. Really hoping for a fluid renegade soon. Verdict and felon too.

Got some tosses in with my Fluid Judge over the weekend, and for me it is running with a bit less glide than my standard Lucid. Not sure it is more overstable, but there is a little flashing on the bead.

Feel-wise, the jury is still out for me. When I first took them (Fluid Judge and Frost Claymore) out of the box, I was quite pleased with how they felt. The flexibility is great, and they do retain their shape really well. But as I fondled/threw them a little more, something just kind of started to feel off to me. I don't think the grip is as good as regular Lucid plastic, honestly. It has almost a waxy or slick feel to it, so I am not itching to throw it a ton. I will certainly give it a fair shake, but I am not going to be loading up on them or anything. Maybe that will change once I throw it more, but right now I am not finding it to be anything essential.

I really do like to feel of the fluid plastic (frost is nice aswell).
I received a Fluid Truth and a Fluid Escape last week and tested them this weekend.

Truth 178 Fluid: Compared to a 177 Hybrid and a 177 Fuzion. The Fluid one is noticeably more stable than both other discs. It holds a hyzer line perfectly and fades a bit earlier and harder when thrown flat.

Escape 173 Fluid: Compared to a 169 lucid and a 172 biofuzion. The Fluid one has a nice slight turn when thrown with 300ft of power. The fade is more pronounced compared to the other Escapes if thrown, but not by much. The Fluid one is a bit more domey, but again not by much.

The Fluid Escaped has kicked my biofuzion one out of my bag. The fluid Truth will compete with the fresh fuzion one a bit more.

I don't think the grip is as good as regular Lucid plastic, honestly. It has almost a waxy or slick feel to it, so I am not itching to throw it a ton.

I played a tournament in the rain this weekend. Lucid definitely had more grip than Fluid.

ok, the Fluid Escape is a little more stable than lucid, that's what I was hoping for and I got it.

I played a tournament in the rain this weekend. Lucid definitely had more grip than Fluid.

OK good, glad I'm not crazy. I'm curious to see if they end up tweaking the mix a little more with this plastic. Lucid has been coming out so nicely lately, I'm just not sure the Fluid stuff will end up selling too well if there isn't a huge difference.

Got some tosses in with my Fluid Judge over the weekend, and for me it is running with a bit less glide than my standard Lucid. Not sure it is more overstable, but there is a little flashing on the bead.

Feel-wise, the jury is still out for me. When I first took them (Fluid Judge and Frost Claymore) out of the box, I was quite pleased with how they felt. The flexibility is great, and they do retain their shape really well. But as I fondled/threw them a little more, something just kind of started to feel off to me. I don't think the grip is as good as regular Lucid plastic, honestly. It has almost a waxy or slick feel to it, so I am not itching to throw it a ton. I will certainly give it a fair shake, but I am not going to be loading up on them or anything. Maybe that will change once I throw it more, but right now I am not finding it to be anything essential.

Did you give it the soap and water wash? That might remove any slickness. Whenever I get a new disc if it feels slick I wash it with warm water and Dawn dish soap and after a quick towel dry they always come out tacky.

I don't think you'll ever really notice much of a difference in that always nice climate. :D

Fluid is for us 4 season folks. :p

Okay guys, I'm not really impressed at all with the Fluid/Frost plastic. Battle tested through some different temperatures... it's as stiff as normal lucid in 40 degree weather and kinda flimsy in 65 degree weather.

My Fluid Truths have such a weird flight to them, with a very odd/sudden fade to the end of the flight that I can't get used to. They don't hold an anny at all because of it.

The Frost Rivers I have.... are actually fly nice and stable/neutral. I just don't know if they'll fly similarly in summer temps.

I'm enjoying the Fluid Truth - definitely not as stiff as regular Lucid, a little more grippy/gummy, and for me - a little less stable. My Fluid Truth is straight as an arrow - more similar to a heavy Fuzion than a heavy Lucid. I'm playing in 30-60 degree temps (F) - the Fluid seems gummier/grippier than most heavy-duty Champion type plastics - but not as floppy/flexible as G-star plastic. So far I'm enjoying it; allows for a bit more of a firm grip (digging your thumb into the disc) than Lucid does for me.

I'm enjoying the Fluid Truth - definitely not as stiff as regular Lucid, a little more grippy/gummy, and for me - a little less stable. My Fluid Truth is straight as an arrow - more similar to a heavy Fuzion than a heavy Lucid. I'm playing in 30-60 degree temps (F) - the Fluid seems gummier/grippier than most heavy-duty Champion type plastics - but not as floppy/flexible as G-star plastic. So far I'm enjoying it; allows for a bit more of a firm grip (digging your thumb into the disc) than Lucid does for me.

This is mind-boggling. What color is yours?

Same here. Except I think mine is a tick more stable than most of my lucids. At least the translucent ones. Not quite as much as the opaque. It's so close it's almost not even worth mentioning but the fluid does have a slight dome.

I'm actually really happy it's not floppy and too soft like Gstar. I really thought the idea of Gstar was good but just too soft for my tastes.

I haven't tried the fluid in under 30 degree temps. About the same range as you 30-60 and it's been great. Perfect amount of flex and grip for that range and I think it'll still be good down to about 20 degrees for me.

For reference the fluid truth I'm throwing is first run stamped and about 172g red metal flake.

White - pretty opaque. And yes, I throw the very opaque Dayglow Lucid Truth by comparison - pretty beefy I think for the average Truth. My Lucid's are pretty stiff at less than 45 degrees, but the Fluid remains quite grippy/gummy - I'd have a hard time imagining Fluid plastic getting very stiff, even at temps less than 20.

This is mind-boggling. What color is yours?

Last edited:
Well, after a few hours in the freezer - both plastics WILL turn rock hard; hard to tell the difference between them. I did notice that the Elasto/Fluid seems to have almost NO grip when wet - even worse than the VIP/Opto. Definitely would not want to be throwing these in the rain - I'd stick with Fuzion in that case.

To me it's splitting hairs in saying the fluid is more OS. It might be, but just barely... IMO

(I have an escape, truth and judge)

To me it's splitting hairs in saying the fluid is more OS. It might be, but just barely... IMO

(I have an escape, truth and judge)

Yeah same here. I know my fluid escape is a bit more stable than the lucids I have but not enough where I would buy more fluids just for that. The truth is really just pretty close. In between most of my lucids but does have a little dome so if that mattered to me I might get more. The judge I think is very close but the fluid I was throwing had such a flat almost concave top I think that is what made it more overstable and way less glide than the standard lucids. I think they're all pretty close. I enjoy it for being a little different but I don't think it's going to be a staple plastic for me outside of winter when I want some extra flex. I'd like a fluid felon though. For some reason I think a really flat and gummy felon would be awesome for overhand and spike hyzer shots.

Latest posts