• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] The Fuse, Successor to the Buzzz

skurf

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
We've got a new king in town...or at least I do. On almost every hole that I have historically thrown a Buzzz I've been reaching for the Fuse. The Buzzz will still hold a pure hyzer while the Fuse wants to flip up some, but if you just give the Fuse a little more hyzer on release than would be needed for the Buzzz it'll get the job done.

Nothing I've thrown competes with the shear control I have with the Fuse. But what makes the Fuse so special is that it's an understable mid that can handle full power. You say, "Oh, well, the Buzzz can handle full power too." That's well and true, but what puts the Fuse over the top is its amazing glide provided by its understability, and the fact that not only will it handle full power just fine, but it will handle 50% just as well, unlike the Buzzz.

I had a 2-disc round today with the Fuse and my putter and it was the most fun I've had playing disc golf since they closed Circle R down. I was ripping into the Fuse as hard as I could and it was amazing how controllable it was for almost all lines. The one shot it'll never be good at is hyzer-spikes as it wants to flip up some, which creates resistance instead of the slicing affect of drivers, but I never throw mids for that type of shot anyway.

I think I've made my point. Fuse > Buzzz

Buzzz

2380596.png

Fuse

8822502.png

For those who don't know.

Now you can say what you want about Inbounds, but it gives you an idea. The Buzzz is a straight stable disc and the Fuse is supposed to be understable. Both can occupy the same bag.

Sounds like you should be comparing that to a Buzzz SS instead, pretty much the same way I use it and the same type of discs.

Buzzz

2380596.png

Fuse

8822502.png

For those who don't know.

Now you can say what you want about Inbounds, but it gives you an idea. The Buzzz is a straight stable disc and the Fuse is supposed to be understable. Both can occupy the same bag.

The last part of the Fuse flight graph is all wrong. And yeah, both can co-exist in the bag...just don't pull out the Fuse if there's even the slightest breeze.

Yea, I don't really agree with the Buzzz flight path either. Isn't the Fuse much more similar to the Meteor?

I've never seen a Fuse finish like that, lol.

...Fuse is more understable than the Meteor, IME.

It'll finish like that if you throw it high enough...

I was just super impressed with that disc today. It has always been my go-to turn-over/anhyzer mid, but lately it has taken over the Buzzz for straight shots as well (hyzer-flip to straight with the Fuse opposed to flat-straight with the Buzzz).

Today, using it as my only driving disc in a 2-disc round, I found a new appreciation for it. I was amazed at how much power it could handle without becoming flippy given the right amount of hyzer. The distance (not to mention very accurate distance) I was getting out of it put the Buzzz to shame. On many holes I was landing within 10-20' of what I normally consider a perfectly placed drive with one of my go-to drivers.

I'm just excited about how well this disc flew under full power drives. The flight paths were so beautiful and true it has made me fall in love with disc golf all over again.

....and yes, there was no wind today :eek:

Sounds like you need to try out a Comet as well. Nothing wrong with having a few neutral/understable mids to throw on all lines to help out your game.

Edit: ^lol

It'll finish like that if you throw it high enough...

I was just super impressed with that disc today. It has always been my go-to turn-over/anhyzer mid, but lately it has taken over the Buzzz for straight shots as well (hyzer-flip to straight with the Fuse opposed to flat-straight with the Buzzz).

Today, using it as my only driving disc in a 2-disc round, I found a new appreciation for it. I was amazed at how much power it could handle without becoming flippy given the right amount of hyzer. The distance (not to mention very accurate distance) I was getting out of it put the Buzzz to shame. On many holes I was landing within 10-20' of what I normally consider a perfectly placed drive with one of my go-to drivers.

I'm just excited about how well this disc flew under full power drives. The flight paths were so beautiful and true it has made me fall in love with disc golf all over again.

....and yes, there was no wind today :eek:

Nose up and it will.

Fuse is a fun disc, I had a couple Optos in the past. Can be very straight with great glide. But any wind just destroys it.

Anyway, glad you're digging it, definitely has its uses in the understable role.

I did throw a fuse down a huge ski hill once. It was beautiful. 700+ of hyzer flip goodness. The 180+g opto seemed to be more buzzz like for sure but why inbounds has either fading like that... :confused: a lighter GL looks liks that reversed lol.

I used to throw the Fuse quite a bit. The glide is incredible: easily was my longest-flying midrange. I did have control issues with it and would often put the disc too far past my target or further right than I wanted to. It eventually got kicked out of the bag by the Buzzz SS. I really like the consistency in feel of the Buzzz OS, Buzzz, and Buzzz SS lines.

That being said I still have a couple Fuses up for sale/trade. These discs need to find a new home!

The Fuse works best for me on stand and deliver drives and approach shots. It's a finesse disc, and I get erratic results if used at full power or with an X-step. It's recently found it's way back into my bag, but won't be kicking out my Buzzz or Meteor.

I love the Fuse, but I agree that it doesn't compete with a Buzzz for me personally. When I was auditioning understable mids, near-max-weight GL Fuses flew very similarly to a max weight Z Comet. On an 80-100% rip, they flip up from a moderate hyzer and then lock in very straight with very little fade. I've never had a Buzzz I could hyzer flip from that deep of a hyzer (at least not when fresh). The Fuse might compete with a D or X Buzzz (I've never owned one of those), but I feel like the Buzzz flight that most people love is that of the Z Buzzz which is pretty straight with a flat release with just a little fade at the end.

Anyway, I bag the GL Fuse for the understable mid slot, and I'm glad the OP loves the Fuse as well. The Fuse does excel at very straight shots, and I can see how you would throw it on some of the same shots as a Buzzz. You'd just have to hyzer flip it instead of releasing it flat, which I think the OP already mentioned.

I used to use the fuse a lot.
I found that they vary in stability greatly.
Depending on plastic and weight you will find a vast difference in how they fly.

Latest posts