• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] The Gateway Renaissance

jcassidy1990

Reptilian Disc Golf
No this is not a new mold... ;)

Gateway has always been known for the Wizard. Despite having several fantastic molds, their tendency for inconsistent premium plastic & seemingly random flexibility ratings has seemingly capped Gateway's potential to ascend into the "full bag" elite.
That is until recently.

DaveMac and Co. shifted gears late last year in an effort to alter the trajectory of their company. The St. Louis based company has started running new batches of Evolution plastic (called Diamond and Platinum Evo) that is on the same level as Prodigy & Trilogy's finest.
This plastic is here to stay and is currently being run in some of Gateway's classic molds.
Today I test flew Diamond Apaches & Assassins which both were absolute bombers.

5tR2Z82.jpg

Gateway also made me an incredibly happy DGer by bringing me aboard as their new Director of Social Media. I've been grinding the marketing trail with RDG since 2013 and I hope to bring some fresh ideas to the table. I've been throwing Gateway since I first started playing and I am very passionate about their molds. WE have some of the more underrated mid-ranges on the market and their debut in premium plastics will only enhance their appeal.

I think 2016 is the start of a whole new Gateway. One that includes super premium plastics, fresh marketing and sneaking into a bunch of new bags. I can't wait for you guys to start tossing the new Platinum and Diamond blends, keep your eyes peeled for the latest and greatest coming straight out of StL!
I know Allen already made a post about being the new mouth piece for GDS so feel free to message him or myself if you need an IN with Gateway.

983FhA0.jpg

Awesome news. I've been asking for more durable plastics for their drivers for a while. Can't wait to try these out. I already love my Platinum Wizard.

Does this mean the end of RDG???!?!?!

I want a new Gecko so bad I can taste it.

This gateway resurgence is great news. BITD I threw Spirits, illusions, Sabres, Blazes and Wizards. I currently carry Blazes, Devil Hawks and Chiefs.

Makes sense, you've been selling rebranded gateway discs I'm sure to greater success than they have been.

Good for you. Congrats

If only the sponsored pros could putt with the wizard... It's always baffled me that the wizard is one of the most popular putter in disc golf. Yet none* of the top sponsored pros use them...

Is it possible to build a full bag with only gateway? I have no idea.

Makes sense, you've been selling rebranded gateway discs I'm sure to greater success than they have been.

Good for you. Congrats

If only the sponsored pros could putt with the wizard... It's always baffled me that the wizard is one of the most popular putter in disc golf. Yet none* of the top sponsored pros use them...

Is it possible to build a full bag with only gateway? I have no idea.

Without a doubt.

I've always thought they needed that knockout fairway driver that had the Teebird like flight. They now have the Diamond Evolution Assassins which are stout flyers and fill the Go To straight to fade slot.

Their distance drivers have been a bit of a hole as well with only a few runs of Samurai and Slayer but the E.P. Runs of these are great discs.

Glad to hear the distance drivers are turning out well. I have a couple samurai and slayers and they are all different and unique, lol.

Congratulations and good luck! Viva Gateway!

Can't wait to try the new plastics. I'm glad I am from St. Louis and have had plenty of opportunities to try out the products that not everyone knows about (Demon, Warrior, Chief, Chief OS, Blaze, etc.). I'll stop by the shop when I'm in town next month and see what Diamond and Platinum are all about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a doubt.

I've always thought they needed that knockout fairway driver that had the Teebird like flight. They now have the Diamond Evolution Assassins which are stout flyers and fill the Go To straight to fade slot.

Their distance drivers have been a bit of a hole as well with only a few runs of Samurai and Slayer but the E.P. Runs of these are great discs.

How would you compare those assassins to a tyrant?

Interesting stuff. I'm guessing I'm like many players in that my exposure to Gateway has been limited to baseline putters. I didn't know until 2 days ago what your premium plastic was called, and then I ordered 2 Evolution Wizards to try out. Looking forward to throwing them this weekend.

When I think Trilogy I think really good and consistent plastic, so that's a pretty bold statement to put yourself in that tier. That said, you wouldn't have to twist my arm to get me to try a new midrange or two.

Also patiently awaiting some armor/flex Scales to try out. :thmbup:

I havent thrown many gateway drivers but i like deeper feeling distance drivers like forces and pd2s. Gateway have anythin like that?

Awesome. Just started bagging a Karma and Element combo for my mids and I'm pleasantly surprised how well they perform.

What was "wrong" with the old Evo? Asking out of ignorance, didn't dabble in it much outside of a Wizard and a Magic.