• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] The Gauntlet

BirdieMachine

Michael Moore Fan Club President
New putter approved. Understable I hope but I'm guessing it's beefy. Nice specs though, should feel close to a Mercy in hand about.

2.1 Height
1.5 Rim height
1.1 Rim width
61.75 Rim configuration

New name for the Macana? Flight numbers are identical... (numbers were posted by Latitude 64 on Twitter)

It's a beaded putter. Kinda of has more of the Aviar/Wizard look.

From what I gather

Macana = Latitude Wizard
Gauntlet = Latitude KC Aviar

They look very similar but a slightly different stripper ring. Could be totally wrong though.

2/5/0/1. Wizardish shape?
CUCQlaCW4AA8fZ2.jpg:large

The DD guys I know said its supposed to be a glidier Judge. And the judge was already a glidier wizard.

The DD guys I know said its supposed to be a glidier Judge. And the judge was already a glidier wizard.

I always thought the wizard had more glide than the judge, but I can't really say from experience. Love the judge, but something with the same feel with a touch more glide would be great for outside the circle.

http://www.pdga.com/announcements/run-gauntlet

"Are you searching for a reliable putter with stable flight? Then it is time to challenge the course with the Gauntlet, a high profile putt and approach disc with a beaded rim. A stable flyer with good glide makes it a handy weapon in every bag. It is similar to the Macana but with less rounded lower rim. Flight numbers: 2, 5, 0, 1. Hit your target dead center with the Gauntlet." - by Latitude 64°

" a high profile putt and approach disc with a beaded rim. A stable flyer with good glide makes it a handy weapon in every bag." - by Latitude 64°

I hope it is not too deep of a rim. That is one of the things I love most about the Judge. Not too deep like a Colt or Zone that are designed to be driving putters, but also a little more shallow than the average putting putter. I hoped the Macana would be the glidier Judge I was looking for, but just not exactly the right feel. Not really sure it has any more or less glide than the Judge either. Since I only really use it for at home, portable basket putting, it is kind of hard to tell.

Last edited:
I always thought the wizard had more glide than the judge, but I can't really say from experience. Love the judge, but something with the same feel with a touch more glide would be great for outside the circle.

Judges have waaay more glide than wizards

Judges have waaay more glide than wizards

Oh god, I'm about to start the "when you say glide do you really mean under-stable" argument aren't I?

Judges are flippier so they may hold longer for some people, that doesn't mean they have more glide.

Up next, what is par?

Oh god, I'm about to start the "when you say glide do you really mean under-stable" argument aren't I?

Judges are flippier so they may hold longer for some people, that doesn't mean they have more glide.

Up next, what is par?

I know what I am concerned with is putting distances. I think that the understable creates the appearance of more glide argument is probably true, especially on throws, but at such low spin as happens during putts, even spin putts, how much is that understability really coming into play. And being a push putter myself, there is very little spin on my putts. My personal belief is that for 90% of putters designed for putting primarily, that unless you are outside the circle, the glide will be so similar that only the most consistent and observant will notice a difference they can really count on and say with certainty, this has more glide than this.

Up next, what is par?

I used judges for a long while and they had more glide than my current dx aviars yet were more stable than my aviars.

My beat to crap *d is more understable than the champ tern I've been testing out. and the tern has more glide.

There's more to glide than stability.

Back to the gauntlet I have a suspicion wysocki might start putting with these. Maybe not though he kills it with the dagger.

Last edited:

Latest posts