• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good: got Starman Omnibus #1 for $10.

The bad: range control with the comets is becoming a real issue

The Ugly: ripped a whole bunch of skin off my throwing thumb yesterday fixing my grill, totally fucked with my throw today.

The Good:
Played in the Copenhagen Open 2010, the weather was pretty much perfect, the event went really well and I think most players where really happy with the event. I got to play with a young norwegian kid who could absolutely murder a disc. Even KJ's throws looked 'almost' slow compared to his. On one hole he threw his KC roc 385-390 feet in a straight line(no distance line) without any wind assistance. Very inspiring. And Im mostly satisfied with my own result. I wanted to play par or better over three rounds and missed by goal by 3 throws total.

The Bad:
I made several bad decisions on the course, which cost strokes I should not have given away. I had slight regrip issues with my midranges and putter during rounds two and three. While starting off with a forkgrip, I subconsciously happened to loosen my grip during my throw and would end up tightening up with a powergrip. This obviously didnt yield impressive results. I have to hit a field soon, and see wtf is going on.

The Ugly:
Missed at least a handful of 3-4 meter putts during the three rounds. I started the tourney on a relatively short hole, with a semi-bad drive that left me with 75 foot remaining to the hole. It took me four throws to get it in, on top of the bad drive. :evil:

The Good: Spent the weekend in Charlotte, NC for the Carolina Clash!

The Better: Got to watch the big pro's play, and caddied for Little Wiggins who played great!

The Best: Saturday night dinner and rounds at Tres Pesos with Avery, Val, Nate, Jerm, Childress, McCabe, Liz, Paige, Shusterick and others!

The Bad: I had to watch golf and not play it, I only got in 1 round when I was in Charlotte after the tournament...

The Ugly: David was 2 strokes out of USDGC qualifying... 2 STROKES! Gahd!

The Good: Hmm...let me get back to that one

The Bad: I played my first singles tourney yesterday (WBDGW) and shot 5 strokes worse than any of the rounds I played at the same course during the week prior (a full TEN strokes off my best score from the week)

The Ugly: Everything. I missed every putt in that round (only tapped in to finish holes) and shanked some drives/throws so badly that I was finding myself in places I've never been on a course I've played MANY times. I was beaten soundly by people I normally top by several strokes...

The Good: It was sunny I guess

inthedrift said:
The Good: Hmm...let me get back to that one

The Bad: I played my first singles tourney yesterday (WBDGW) and shot 5 strokes worse than any of the rounds I played at the same course during the week prior (a full TEN strokes off my best score from the week)

The Ugly: Everything. I missed every putt in that round (only tapped in to finish holes) and shanked some drives/throws so badly that I was finding myself in places I've never been on a course I've played MANY times. I was beaten soundly by people I normally top by several strokes...

The Good: It was sunny I guess

Been there.

The good: shot 2 under par at my local course
The bad: lost a soft wizard :x
The ugly: broke a firm wizard when threw it towards a lamp-post :evil:

The Good: Selling some discs on eBay and getting a lot of sales

The Bad: Had to pull one down early, hate doing this.

The UGLY: Wasn't watching my 5 yr old this morning and he got a hold of my black sharpie and wrote all over the front of a Black Champ Katana I was selling, Blue Stamp now has his name and a stick figure of himself on it. Thank god he came to show me before he drew on anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I LOVE KIDS!

Tim Red Beard said:

The UGLY: Wasn't watching my 5 yr old this morning and he got a hold of my black sharpie and wrote all over the front of a Black Champ Katana I was selling, Blue Stamp now has his name and a stick figure of himself on it. Thank god he came to show me before he drew on anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I LOVE KIDS!

Haha! gotta love it! My friend has some discs with hearts and stickfigures all over them from his little girls :D

Trey133 said:
Tim Red Beard said:

Haha! gotta love it! My friend has some discs with hearts and stickfigures all over them from his little girls :D

I have "I love you Daddy," on a DX Raven and "I love my Daddy," on a Dragon. I stopped throwing them years ago because those disc are fliptastic at my level, but they are still some of the best discs I own.

Good- high 70s and sunny
Bad- home drama=not enough play time
Ugly- some jackass cut all the chains off of basket #18 at my home course. idiots!

Frank Delicious said:

Don't give up on them! I had the same issues about a year ago...stuck with it, and now I can throw my comets with insane amounts of control. I will say that I do have problems with range control still when throwing a hyzer with them, but if I absolutely can't go past where I want it to hyzer in I usually just grab a wasp or predator.

Just watch some footage of Ron Russell in his heyday - it will inspire you to keep those comets truckin'

victorb said:
Frank Delicious said:

Don't give up on them! I had the same issues about a year ago...stuck with it, and now I can throw my comets with insane amounts of control. I will say that I do have problems with range control still when throwing a hyzer with them, but if I absolutely can't go past where I want it to hyzer in I usually just grab a wasp or predator.

Just watch some footage of Ron Russell in his heyday - it will inspire you to keep those comets truckin'

You are not Ron Russell in his heyday. Throw rocs!

rusch_bag said:
You are not Ron Russell in his heyday. Throw rocs!

Sure I am.

I'd put a roc in the bag in place of my z wasp, but don't feel like buying one and the wasp was a players pack freebie.

victorb said:
Frank Delicious said:

I haven't given up on them, they were just pissing me off something good. I took them out for a couple of rounds but they are back in now. I just can't keep them out. I think my bag is going to permanently be 3 rocs and 2 comets

You're just angry that I outdrove your TL on that downhill hole with my comet.

Don't worry, you'll get that good form some day.

hehe, if I had it to do over again I would've thrown a roc. I was mega worried about that wind though.

alas, we still got the same score on that hole though :)

So i landed 100' left while you landed 70' short. lets not get bogged down in details over scores and who won that whole round. lets focus on the important thing: i outdrove your TL with my comet on a hole that goes 100' downhill

Status
Not open for further replies.