• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good - Set a course record friday in a weekly doubles series by my house. Lunchtime DG Course, short tees. It's a 12 hole par 3 course, my partner and I shot a 26. The funny thing is even though it's my home course I almost never play the short tees. I guess the TD thought it would be fun. Needless to say we took home the cash too.

Bad - Couldn't quite pull the deuce on the tricky 380ft hole and not even close on the 500fter.

Ugly - Nothing ugly about hanging the first ever 10 under round on a 12 hole course.

Good: replaced the stolen basket today our one of our courses and repaired two others. also played a a ski hill course which the pros played last week

Bad: couldnt keep a driver on the fairway...

ugly: lost an old mold beast.....Team Keen echo teebird%....and a first run z nuke*.

% this shot pissed me off...i threw down hill....kept it low and on a hyzer....the winds kicked it up...flipped it over....and see ya :(...

* in defense of the Nuke...i sorta bombed it for shits and giggles. I threw on a hyzer and at 400...it flipped and turned over and descended down the the slope. I smiled and kissed it goodbuy.

Good: Cashed at a local B-tier yesterday(Been an off season this year).
Good: Dueced a 389 ft. hole both rounds with a very nice hyzer through the trees with a SOLS.
Bad: My putter caught a case of Tourette's during the first round.
Ugly: The latest runs of putters from Gateway that I picked up with my winnings.

Great: First ace of the year, ION ftw.

Good: Been powering down on my drivers for many shots in the <300' range. Caused a lot of inconsistencies and I forgot how to rip the damn disc. Stopped it a little while ago, went back to throwing my mids and my consistency is on a very steep rise.

Bad: Was playing the round of my life but kept making stupid mistakes.

Ugly: Got a really nice transient P-DD2 today, let my friend try it out and he lost it on the first throw.

Good: Played my first tournament.

More good: After the first round, led MA3 by a stroke with an 883-rated round (my goal was 900).

Bad: Blew up to 823 in the second round, and placed second in my division (out of three :oops: ).

Ugly: Everything failed in the second round – driving, putting, and even my normally reliable approach game.

Sorta good: Pulled it together toward the end and finished the last few holes strongly.

Good, but very, very lucky: Deuced the last hole, a tightly-wooded 404-footer, with a 120-foot Roc flick.

Would have been ugly: If that last shot had missed, my disc would have landed waaaay down a ravine

Great: I had a delightful time, and can't wait to play more tournaments

good - got to watch Nikko, Jerm, Orum and some other dude battle it out at the SNDG champs

bad - Matty O. came up a stroke off from Nikko's first place finish

ugly - Pros did not seem to putt much better than I do?

good: got another ace and shot my best round

bad: missed the 35 footer on 18 by about half a foot

ugly: lost my xXx the round before

The Good: Shot -2 on a course that I average probably a +1 on and drove faaar.

The Better: Found this sitting in my bag after the first hole, a generous gift from my buddy, n3tw0rkn3rd. You da man!!!

The Best: Parked both drives with it and got it almost 370' when I aired it out.

It was a magical round. Yes, magical.

damn ive been seeing those rocs pop up alot lately . cali got one, u have one and i saw a couple for sale. i might have to scoop one up if i cant ever get my hands on a 01

Good: got to play the temp course out at Cedarock today and it is awesome.

Good: Ripped off some crazy distance annys for some great drives.

Bad: not practicing putting cost me like 5 30-40' putts

Ugly: can't play the Sneaky Pete tourney this weekend.

Good: Got to play a new course for the first time today in the new city

Bad: Lots of wind

Ugly: Me playing in the wind (and on a new course) for the first time. Wind makes a MAJOR difference when you're trying to shape lines (who would have thought?!).

Good: New job!

Bad: New job gets out at 6, so I miss all the local leagues

Ugly: Robin Hood

DodgeClarkTImm.JPG

Good.........................Bad to the bone.......................Ugly
Steve Dodge...................H. B. Clark.....................Steve TImm
Vibram Open...............Bowling Green AMS................Pot of Gold
TD of the Year..............Course designer.................DFL pDGA BOD
DG visionary..............Southern Gentleman..................Broke Dick

Good: -8 first round of club championships, sitting in first place.

Bad: Didn't create any separation round 2.

Ugly: Shooting a 71 on 24 holes (-2) with 8 birdies final round, coming in 3rd. INCONSISTENT GOLFER IS INCONSISTENT

Good: 2nd at the Rosedale Amateur Championships. 7 birdies the 2nd round!

Bad: Along with a 5 and a 6.

Awesome: Aced #6 at Rosedale yesterday for my 14th hole-in-one! I'm tearing up that course right now.

Good: Ace Race today.

Bad: Ace Race...TODAY?! Its pouring outside right now :(

Ugly: Totally not prepared for this kind of golfing weather...only waterproof thing I own is a pair of tall socks.

Good: Hit metal at Meilahti #5 with a spike hyzer using a Star Rhyno with Champ Rhyno profile. Got the birdie. Despite being weary I got a 166 C Beast to 400' without a full speed run up.

Bad: Didn't read the Finnish Fresbee Association pages this morning and of course they had the first weekly of the season and I missed it.

Ugly: Reality? I was too tired to maintain posture and had a lot of hip tilts that messed up my hyzer angles. Running out of steam.

good: hit metal 3 times at the ace race.

bad: the winning guy had 1 ace 1 metal.

ugly: the chain spit out that woulda won me the race....

but i still had a lot of fun. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.