• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

A reliable source tells me that she is under contract with Prodigy through 2016.

Previously posted in this thread:

From what I've heard, she's under contract for another year. Contracts can be broken, but might cost more money than a disc golfer has. A suitor interested in having her on board may be sufficiently motivated to help her get out of said contract.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Bradley Williams is off to hyzerbomb

Wonder if that means Hyzerbomb will be upping their releases this year to form a more complete line? I like, but dont love, the discs they've come out with thus far.

That's interesting. From the last event that we both played I would have sworn that she was leaving for a certain other company. Maybe Prodigy realized this and upped her sponsorship amount.

I do not believe Prodigy matched or upped some other offer. Her existing agreement runs through this year.

Assuming she is staying with Prodigy, I assume the discussion with the higher-ups about the chance she was given to plug the new bag was awkward.

Assuming she is staying with Prodigy, I assume the discussion with the higher-ups about the chance she was given to plug the new bag was awkward.

:thmbdown:

If she was still under contract I would let her go if she didn't want to rep my company. Could be an uncomfortable year if two parties aren't on the same page.

:thmbdown:

If she was still under contract I would let her go if she didn't want to rep my company. Could be an uncomfortable year if two parties aren't on the same page.

They would never. They're losing players one by one already, and to let un-arguably the best female to ever play the game go to a competitor...? Lulz

I thought that was awkward when that happened on Smashboxx that night.

I believe if you are a sponsored athlete when given the chance to talk/promote product you better step it up and talk. You better sell it like it is the best thing since sliced bread. I don't care where you are, what you are doing, and no matter what mood you are in either, you better be ready to "work" anytime when the need arises.

To her defense ( not really, no excuse for her fail ) she was getting buzzed on the wine that they were drinking at the time...:\.

Just another reason to NOT randomly decide to "drunk-skype" inside the Smashboxx!

Last edited:
There is no reason for Paige to leave Prodigy.

Although, I hope she does.

What?? There are plenty of reasons to leave a sponsor.

Monthly salary increase, win bonuses, top 3-5 bonus, tournaments played bonus, products.

What if you won worlds, got a $5,000 bonus from your sponsor. Then your ex boyfriend walks by and says, 'if you were with XXXXX (the team he's on), there'd be a $10,000 check waiting for you at home instead of $5,000.'

That should be enough to have any player contemplating a move.

Understand. But with that said, if you don't think she's in a place to play that card you'd be sorely mistaken.

A contracts a contract, and I hope she's not getting short changed, although the contract was made years ago, her worth has increased.

But she has placed herself in a power position to be able to ask for what she wants. (Outside of contract) and then it's up to the company to see if they value her worth to whatever is being asked or offered, from them, and from others.

Wonder if that means Hyzerbomb will be upping their releases this year to form a more complete line? I like, but dont love, the discs they've come out with thus far.

Aren't most of their disc failed innova molds from the past?

Aren't most of their disc failed innova molds from the past?

No, not really. The Tank was a Ching mold, back when Ching was molded by Innova. The Panzer is a further modification of that. The Mortar is basically a beadless Gator. MOAB is some sort of Tachyon variant (Tachyon is an old Millenium disc) and the Veteran...well, I dont really know what it is, but I read on here that it has an Eagle-X rim.

Basically they have a small line of discs, all of them overstable. Therefore, my query goes along with: if they are adding more players, will that coincide with fleshing out a bigger,more complete line, or will they will stay focused on a limited number of discs?

No, not really. The Tank was a Ching mold, back when Ching was molded by Innova. The Panzer is a further modification of that. The Mortar is basically a beadless Gator. MOAB is some sort of Tachyon variant (Tachyon is an old Millenium disc) and the Veteran...well, I dont really know what it is, but I read on here that it has an Eagle-X rim.

Basically they have a small line of discs, all of them overstable. Therefore, my query goes along with: if they are adding more players, will that coincide with fleshing out a bigger,more complete line, or will they will stay focused on a limited number of discs?

Innova/Ching/Millennium/Discmania/Hyzerbomb are all the same company in the sense of disc molds. I also thought Tachyons were no good.
It would be nice to see them expand their line. But I could see it going towards the greater innova brand mix bag

Paige and i talk and text more then most people and she said she was going to take a break for 2016 from DG to focus on her clothing and apparel company that makes sundresses out of hemp for little girls in africa.

World Champions throw Prodigy, and they dont show Paige. To me this commercial is the most compelling argument for Paige not being with Prodigy anymore.