• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

These two statements contradict, but still address the same topic. It's good to have regional players with great accomplishments, but the Star Team should have a NT/DGPT event commitment requirement.

Yes they sound like contradict when you leave half of the quote out. Notice I said they should consider moving Barsby in place of him if he continues to tour successfully.

Also, I don't consider the distance record to be on the same level of achievement as winning USDGC. Which makes me feel Brinster is more deserving of being on Team Star than Jen Allen.

Yes they sound like contradict when you leave half of the quote out. Notice I said they should consider moving Barsby in place of him if he continues to tour successfully.

Also, I don't consider the distance record to be on the same level of achievement as winning USDGC. Which makes me feel Brinster is more deserving of being on Team Star than Jen Allen.

No, the quote was cut to highlight the contradiction. You can weigh the individual accomplishment however you please.

But at its core, you said: Steve should remain because of this accomplishment. Jen should be removed despite her accomplishment.

The person who replaces either is irrelevant, and is why Barsby or any other name you mentioned does not matter.

What should matter, for Star Team membership, is a commitment to touring and NT/DGPT commitment and performance...something both Steve and Jen have lacked in recent years.

Last edited:
They have to leave Brinster on there based on previous achievements (2013 USDGC) but they should maybe consider bumping for Barsby if he has another solid season.

In looking at the women on the Star Team, I would argue that perhaps Lisa Fajkus or Jessica Weese should maybe get bumped up in place of Jen Allen, who is the current Woman's Distance Record holder, but doesn't seem to tour like the other 2.

No, the quote was cut to highlight the contradiction. You can weigh the individual accomplishment however you please.

But at its core, you said: Steve should remain because of this accomplishment. Jen should be removed despite her accomplishment.

I literally said that Innova should consider bumping both of these players for more serious touring players. Since there are no players on the Champion team with a higher profile win than USDGC, its hard not to leave him on there however.

China, no.

This reads like a fundamental misunderstanding of the culture. Businesses there, making products that sell over here, is typical. The Chinese taking on sports that don't bring high levels international prestige is unlikely by my observation. They have their own undiscovered sports that fit culturally, so to speak.

The reason they are making discs there is because they have a wide margin. Cheap labor and materials etc.

James and social media. Really? Okay so it matters. I agree he needs to be paid, I saw more of him than a number of sponsored players. If I were Tri, I'd come knocking.

Madison Walker to DD makes sense in the context of her being friends with Paige Pierce, but if she's happy with her discs and Innova, why would she change? Time will tell on that.

Compared to the last couple of years with the Prodigy situation and Val's surprise move from Innova (and ultimately to Discraft), I'd expect this year to be relatively free of churn and turmoil.

Let's see Barsby get moved up to Star team! And Conrad too.

Would Uli leave Prodigy? Seems like they've consistently lost one of their bigger names each year

Beleave Uli and Cat signed multi year contracts last year or year before so I would suspect they stay with Prodigy for one more year. Cat seems happy where she is at. I could see Uli maybe jumping ship.

Uli needs too. I know its the indian not the arrow but ever since he went to prodigy his game hasnt been that impressive or at least as impressive as the years prior. Same with Will Shusterick though he has been dealing with injury.

China, no.

This reads like a fundamental misunderstanding of the culture. Businesses there, making products that sell over here, is typical. The Chinese taking on sports that don't bring high levels international prestige is unlikely by my observation. They have their own undiscovered sports that fit culturally, so to speak.

The reason they are making discs there is because they have a wide margin. Cheap labor and materials etc.

Table Tennis man.

They would dominate when disc golf becomes an Olympic Sport in 2048.

Austin Turner to Innova I could see. He tours with Jerm and after this past season, he deserves to be paid! Fingers crossed

I wouldn't be surprised to see Austin Turner jump ship to Innova. He and Jerm seem to be pretty close and tour together. He's so young that I would bet Innova will make a move to secure him for the future.

Latest posts