• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

So how many teams has Matt Orum been on in the last 6 years?

Innova
Deity Discs
back to Innova? not sure
one of the Trilogy companies - Latitude maybe
Prodigy

How long will Prodigy last? I give it until end of 2019.

That's pretty cool that a guy with his power uses a Sonic a lot.

Now if he just used a Polecat, then he probably would've won Waco. :popcorn:

They should do a youtube video segment where it's "GG throws ___" and it's all the most obscure molds from Innova's huge library. Seriously, I wonder what a Polecat would do with his power on 60 degrees of hyzer? Could he make a Groove fly 600'?

They should do a youtube video segment where it's "GG throws ___" and it's all the most obscure molds from Innova's huge library. Seriously, I wonder what a Polecat would do with his power on 60 degrees of hyzer? Could he make a Groove fly 600'?

I'd subscribe. My favorite part of the Battle of the Eras vid was McBeth and Sexton throwing Condors, Phenix, etc.

Prodigy isn't going anywhere. They apparently still do very well in the South.

That was probably more in reference to how long Matt Orum would be on the team, not how long the company would still be around

Prodigy isn't going anywhere. They apparently still do very well in the South.

I worded it a bit wrong. What I meant was how long will he last with Prodigy, not how long Prodigy itself will last.

Has zero to do with Prodigy. Orum was with Innova and they clearly are not going anywere.
Ditto for Latitude or whatever Trilogy team he was on.

Last edited:
Why do we care about Matt Orum?

Because he wears a spiffy hat.

matt-orum_2013-fpa-200x180.jpg

Actually, Orum is a force in the South, he just doesn't travel and hasn't sold himself. His fedora is worse than Nikko's pork pie? As for Prodigy, I disagree with disc fifty, I find their stuff all the time. In creeks, trees, sometimes on fairways, like it as dropped there... on purpose. Disc turf in Texas is tough. You have to be on the ground fighting for it. The big three are.

How many fedoras is it OK to have in a group of disc golfers?

Zero, the answer is zero.

Which year was it when Barsby did his James Brown impersonation on hole one of the Memorial? They were announcing him, and he shrugged his cape or coat off right before his drive, and played the round in boots and a fedora. There's video of it somewhere on youtube...

Also...I liked Nikko's fedora-over-fro look. So I take back my mockery of Orum and his hideous sunglasses & hat pairing. We don't all have to wear baseball caps and dryfits.

Latest posts