• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what size that Innova T-shirt Haftor is wearing in the pic in post #131 is?!?

I mean Haftor is 2,06m tall and weighs 200kg and that shirt looks big on him?!?

The Mountain is BIG

screen_shot_2014-06-30_at_11.11.01_am.png

Is that John E. with him?

She makes a point I've made a few times...you don't have to be in the US to be a professional disc golfer. The sport is big in her part of the world, and getting bigger.
Considering Lat 64 is in Sweden, I found it odd when the Euro Tour 2020 events were announced today that no tour events will be in Sweden nor were any Swedish bids submitted for their event to be included. I didn't check but maybe they do have a Major next year that I didn't see?

That might depend a lot on his sponsor. I truly believe that Calvin should be close to a 6 figure player. He just lacks that charisma to drive sales.

There is a reason most engineer are not salesman. Something about our personality types as most of us are INTP

Introverted (I)
Intuitive (N)
Thinking (T)
Perceiving (P)

Wow, Kristin started playing disc golf 2014 . . by then Paige already was 2X World champ

Surprised she signed for 3y

I had no idea she was so new to the game. Pretty impressive. I expect her, Henna, and Eveliina to have great seasons next year.

I mean Haftor is 2,06m tall and weighs 200kg

Lol. Those stats look fake. I think I saw somewhere that he has to eat 14,000 calories a day to maintain his condition. A mountain of a man, indeed.

I had no idea she was so new to the game. Pretty impressive. I expect her, Henna, and Eveliina to have great seasons next year.

And she is a 4-time Estonian champ...after playing just 5y . .just wow

Lol. Those stats look fake. I think I saw somewhere that he has to eat 14,000 calories a day to maintain his condition. A mountain of a man, indeed.

The amount of food a strongman eat is just insane. .

Let's hope Innova "use him" for something fun. . A video of "the mountain" playing discgolf with a few of the best players will get the sport a lot of views

Considering Lat 64 is in Sweden, I found it odd when the Euro Tour 2020 events were announced today that no tour events will be in Sweden nor were any Swedish bids submitted for their event to be included. I didn't check but maybe they do have a Major next year that I didn't see?

Well, first of all, Järva is gone, so that makes one less possible venue :(.

Scandinavian Open used to happen in Skellefteå, where the Latitude 64 comes from. I remember watching a video a Drew Gibson wearing a beekeeper mask to avoid the mosquitoes. The course looks fantastic though.

I actually believe the next Major/Big Tournament happening in Sweden will be at Ale Discgolfcenter near Gothenburg. This place has everything. A better summer weather than Skellefteå, no mosquitoes and one of the best courses in the world (well-maintained as well).

Calvin to Trilogy.
If you watch the last round coverage of the DGPT Championship, Melton is carrying his bag, and Oakley is his largest cheerleader.

And for no reason - Catrina to Discraft. Austin is there already!

Calvin to Trilogy.
If you watch the last round coverage of the DGPT Championship, Melton is carrying his bag, and Oakley is his largest cheerleader.

And for no reason - Catrina to Discraft. Austin is there already!

Just because people are friends doesn't mean they want to share a sponsor. Considering the fact that Uli has sizable input on Team Discraft I would be surprised to see Catrina there.

Just because people are friends doesn't mean they want to share a sponsor. Considering the fact that Uli has sizable input on Team Discraft I would be surprised to see Catrina there.

And I'd be surprised if Uli would work that hard to keep Cat from going to Discraft, if that is what she and they wanted. Having said that, I don't see Cat leaving Prodigy at this time, unless they are in deep (read: terminal) financial trouble. But time will tell on all that... :popcorn:

I think if Cat were going to make a big move, this is the time to do it. I could be wrong, but I think the next 2-3 years are going to be extremely important to her legacy of the sport.

He got Magics as well, but also ordered his new logo on molds from Discraft, Innova, Discmania, and Prodigy, so I don't think that's gonna tie him down. Also I don't think he is signed with Gateway.

Nikko could go self sponsored and be selling disc molds he uses on the side with his logo on them to make his money? Like this: Ordering his new logo on discs molds that Nikko uses buying the disc for tournament prices using that set up from each company to get the tournament prices for custom disc ordering about that many discs, then going back and turning around and while on tour selling the molds and plastics of that mold he uses with his logo on them. That and possible he is setting up an online slot to buy them direct from him, doing the grunt work of mailing the discs USPS. Hardest part is the Taxes collected on each disc of every place he is selling discs on tour and online where the people are from; thanks South Dakota going to the supreme court for this now to have online taxes. :|

Last edited:
Calvin to Trilogy. Melton is carrying his bag, and Oakley is his largest cheerleader.

Just because people are friends doesn't mean they want to share a sponsor.

To add to this^^^
...and just because 1 manufacturer (Trilogy) is courting Calvin doesn't mean he'll sign with them. He's in a position to get multiple offers upon becoming a free agent.

I would not be surprised to learn that Prodigy is looking at Calvin as well. They are on their way up and will likely continue to attract new talent....

Status
Not open for further replies.