• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be fun if Henna, Eveliina and Kristin gets a sponsor that can help them play on the tour next year

Discraft "needs" a top FPO player. . could they get any of these three players?

I'm pretty sure that I remember seeing that Kristin (and Silver) already re-signed with L64.

(Genuine question) Why does it matter to you which sponsor sponsors which Pro?

Some rivalry can be fun . . i just think it´s more fun to have as an example Paul with Discraft and Ricky with Innova.
Would not be the same if they both played for Innova

I really hope the Nikko/DM deal happens. Huge fan of both.

I dont think it will be a mixed bag type of deal, at least not fully. Perhaps 1-2 must have discs if Nikko insists but otherwise I am sure it will be DM only (obviously Evolution and Active included, but that doesnt open the door for Lat64 or Yikun discs).

I dont know Nikkos bag (who does???) but I would have said Wizard is the one disc he would have a hard time replacing. But as of late he has been putting with Magics, and nowadays DM has the P3x and Link that are not that far removed from Wizards. Dunno, will have to wait and see.

Nikko just released a new hemp blend wizard through Gateway iirc. Don't see him leaving gateway unless there's a considerable offer on the table.

Plus there is the player-specific mold aspect of it. Like if GG left Innova would his new sponsor create a Sonic for him.

I really hope the Nikko/DM deal happens. Huge fan of both.

I dont think it will be a mixed bag type of deal, at least not fully. Perhaps 1-2 must have discs if Nikko insists but otherwise I am sure it will be DM only (obviously Evolution and Active included, but that doesnt open the door for Lat64 or Yikun discs).

I dont know Nikkos bag (who does???) but I would have said Wizard is the one disc he would have a hard time replacing. But as of late he has been putting with Magics, and nowadays DM has the P3x and Link that are not that far removed from Wizards. Dunno, will have to wait and see.

He answered on instagram he throws: Bosses, PD2, destroyers, MD3, Firebird and i cannot remember what else. but if you go creep his usdgc ( i believe) posts on instagram he lists his bag in the comments.

Financially, I do not understand how someone lives on the road throwing a mixed bag. At the highest level, if you feel throwing exactly what you want increases your standings in every event, that far from makes up what could be made with bonuses and tour series discs from a few spots down.

90-95% of sponsored players do it because it's a financial necessity, not because they only love the brand they are throwing.

It didn't stop him from leaving Gateway before and his uncle is the owner/founder.

I was thinking about Nikko as the USDGC was finishing because most sponsor/player agreements have significant bonuses in place for winning or even top 3-5 finishes at the sport's premiere events. He probably missed out on considerable bonus money by throwing a mixed bag.

For this reason alone, I don't think we'll see a lot of mixed bags by disc golf's top players in the near future.

Nikko just released a new hemp blend wizard through Gateway iirc. Don't see him leaving gateway unless there's a considerable offer on the table.

For those suggesting that AB move to Discmania, has someone moved completely from one to the other? Seems like they don't poach from each other but have slowly tried to separate. Avery Jenkins seems to have a unique partnership with both, but as more of an employee it seems.

For those suggesting that AB move to Discmania, has someone moved completely from one to the other? Seems like they don't poach from each other but have slowly tried to separate. Avery Jenkins seems to have a unique partnership with both, but as more of an employee it seems.

We went though this question last year and it was decided that this would not happen. I don't have the time to prerube myself now though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts