• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

From a Michigan club perspective....this is my experience...literally line for line above.

Curious to find your experience on this. Despite being told he'd "only receive discs that sell", a friend has received multiple MRVs in each of his mystery shipments from DC. Just so that he has plenty of stock in case he sells out of the 15 he's had for years.

Are you seeing any of the same shenanigans?

Curious to find your experience on this. Despite being told he'd "only receive discs that sell", a friend has received multiple MRVs in each of his mystery shipments from DC. Just so that he has plenty of stock in case he sells out of the 15 he's had for years.

For the only couple Discraft tournaments, that we had discs, for players packs, we did not get to pick out discs. They simply promised a number and no option for tournament art. Don't get me wrong, we got some nice discs along the way. Some first run Scorch, some cool colored tour discs, but a pile of Forces, Nukes and Buzzzz. We don't run, but one tournament with pros and our AM1 is usually a dozen or so. The demand or Forces and Nukes is minimal. We also were forced into buying tournament packages. Which meant to get the discs, we had to buy water bottles, bottle openers, neck gaiters. stickers, erasable scorecards.... Kind of forcing us to set our entry fee higher than we may have wanted to. This was only for two of our tournaments, the others they could not fulfill any disc requests. They were not forthcoming about what was available or what we were getting, we bought tiered tournament packages.

IMPORTANT***Discraft has ALWAYS been great to us. Our club relationship with them goes back three decades. Last year was an anomaly....for fairly obvious reasons.

MVP was the opposite. While we could not always get the discs we wanted, we did get to pick from what was available. They could not fulfill all of our player pack discs for every tournament either. We ultimately went to non disc'ed player packs for several tournaments.

Did they do a Ledgestone MRV??

Hot Take.

If Cat goes to Innova, I would think she would maybe get her name on the destroyer mold since no one has it right now and she would be bringing in 2 world titles. This could be huge for Innova and Cat. Having a woman on their most popular disc would be awesome to see.

Calvin has had a tour series Destroyer in 2019, 2020 and 2021. I would expect him to have one in 2022 as well. Has it been announced that he won't?

Is that better than Italian plastic? :confused:

Up until the last year or so, I never realized plastic even had an ethnicity. :|

The things I learn through disc golf never cease to amaze me.

Everything german is usually better, then everything else from anywhere...

I kinda get the feeling DGCR has largely become the site for for Masters, Grandmasters, and even some Senior Grandmasters.

< realizes the PDGA no longers uses those names for divisions, but doesn't give a crap

That is so sad. One thing I always had going for me in disc golf was that if I'd just keep playing long enough, I'd be a legend one day.

Just the same as before Opto/Lucid/VIP.

I'm not sure if it will be the new norm going forward or if they're just testing it as a viable future option. Waiting on them to restock more stuff to see if we get more in.

Interesting. If you are 100% certain by comparing them, then...

...instead of insisting Evolution plastic = Latitude 64 plastic we could now insist Lat 64 plastic = Discmania plastic.

No but really, I dont have a dog in this fight but just amuses me when people post this stuff as fact. Like "DM has no production of their own, its just done by Lat64 and they just claim its their own". Sure, everybody is short on molding machine time, but Lat64 has excess resources.

If social media is such a big deal in contracts. . i wonder how much a player like Michael Holt is worth to DD?

He is not a top player. . BUT he has +100k subs on Youtube. .same as Paul McBeth as a reference . . and 3xmore than Ricky

If social media is such a big deal in contracts. . i wonder how much a player like Michael Holt is worth to DD?

He is not a top player. . BUT he has +100k subs on Youtube. .same as Paul McBeth as a reference . . and 3xmore than Ricky

This question sent me down a rabbit hole.

I have never heard of Michael Holt, but checking his stats he has the 100k subs you referenced and 1 million plus total views across all videos. His average view count is quite low across his 50 most recent videos - averaging 3-5k views.

Paul McBeth has a 100k subs and 7 million views across all videos.

Simon Lizotte has 150k subs and 24 million total views..

Paul and Simon have significantly higher average view counts. Not trying to undermine the value or hard work of Michael, but it looks like a few videos did very well and he gained the subscriber count. But where he struggles is reaching that peak again each video. I doubt this is the work of subscriber bots or something - just needs to find the magic recipe again.

So to speculate and answer your question – I bet DD sees it as a potential asset but I assume they did their due diligence to look up channel performance. Just imagine if he could engage even 50% of his audience on a consistent basis.

Our store has not received any mrv from Discraft. For the most part they send fresh stuff that sells. The challengers were piling up a little at one point but haven't gotten any of them for a couple months.

This question sent me down a rabbit hole.

I have never heard of Michael Holt, but checking his stats he has the 100k subs you referenced and 1 million plus total views across all videos. His average view count is quite low across his 50 most recent videos - averaging 3-5k views.

Paul McBeth has a 100k subs and 7 million views across all videos.

Simon Lizotte has 150k subs and 24 million total views..

Paul and Simon have significantly higher average view counts. Not trying to undermine the value or hard work of Michael, but it looks like a few videos did very well and he gained the subscriber count. But where he struggles is reaching that peak again each video. I doubt this is the work of subscriber bots or something - just needs to find the magic recipe again.

So to speculate and answer your question – I bet DD sees it as a potential asset but I assume they did their due diligence to look up channel performance. Just imagine if he could engage even 50% of his audience on a consistent basis.

A few thoughts....

1) I bet his deal isn't that great. Trevor from Foundation was sponsored by them (which seemed to go away after a few weeks) and it wasn't much of a deal. Get a bit of stuff, pump out content.

2) That magic recipe seems pretty simple. Play with big name pros.

3) I've watched a few of his videos, but not many. When I click on his channel, it looks like I've watched most. Probably a few nights a week, I'll put tournament coverage on my televsion, watch a hole or two, then role over and fall asleep with the television on. Sometimes I'll wake up a few hours later and some Foundation video or something will be on. Or I set the sleep timer on my television, then I turn on my television in the morning and the Youtube app is still going. I wonder how often this happens.

Michael Holt came to have so many followers from years of playing video games on YouTube as Jolt. When DD picked him up, there is a potential for a million high school age kids to see him playing disc golf. If some of those kids go outside of the game room and buy discs, it'll pay off.

3) I've watched a few of his videos, but not many. When I click on his channel, it looks like I've watched most. Probably a few nights a week, I'll put tournament coverage on my televsion, watch a hole or two, then role over and fall asleep with the television on. Sometimes I'll wake up a few hours later and some Foundation video or something will be on. Or I set the sleep timer on my television, then I turn on my television in the morning and the Youtube app is still going. I wonder how often this happens.

My issue with Holt's videos is that the title will say something like "Hit more gaps" but the video will be him playing a round of disc golf and buried somewhere in there will be a very short tip on hitting a gap.

No but really, I dont have a dog in this fight but just amuses me when people post this stuff as fact. Like "DM has no production of their own, its just done by Lat64 and they just claim its their own". Sure, everybody is short on molding machine time, but Lat64 has excess resources.

Discmania Media Partner 2017-2019
Team Discmania, Ambassador 2020-

Hmmmm, no dog in the fight?

My issue with Holt's videos is that the title will say something like "Hit more gaps" but the video will be him playing a round of disc golf and buried somewhere in there will be a very short tip on hitting a gap.

Yeah. I sort of felt cheated by the few vids that I watched on purpose.

Latest posts