• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

From 100ppl buying their discs....to 200ppl.

WINNING!

I kid I kid... everyone should bag a Quake tho.
Kidding, huh? Your #'s might be closer than any of us realize. :\

But to Riverdog's point: When's the last time we even had a conversation about DGA, other than baskets? I'm not claiming they're gonna leapfrog over a bunch of other brands, but...

Landing Cat and all the suspense around her announcement. Adding a rising star who's been making a big splash recently like Marwede...

Not saying that's all it takes. Not by a long shot.
But you can't take a 2nd step until you take the 1st.

All of a sudden, people are talking about DGA.
If those two continue to play as they have, more eyes will be on DGA than damn near any of us can remember.
On to step 2. :popcorn:

Why would Ugg be offering disc golf sponsorship with fur lined/trimmed boots?

That is just seems like a weird reply to the OP, IMO.

the one way to avoid fire ants and ticks and chiggers is to wear a type of boot that looks like uggs with feathery/fluffy outside lining the top of the boots.

UGGS definitely could sponsor Ricky and help him avoid re infection with lyme disease

I have to agree with this at face value. DGA is one of those brands everyone who's been playing for years knows, but let's face it... not many people actually throw.

I've been throwing the Pipeline for a few years now, thanks to the closeout sale that Holden's had on all their DGA discs. Got 3 of them for $5 a piece. Such a bargain for such an awesome fairway driver.
Since then, I've picked up the Quake as my OS mid & I'm loving it. If I weren't already throwing the Buzzz, I might be bagging the Rift. Oh, and let's not forget the Sail. Very understable, but perfect for us who are just learning to throw backhand.
All this to say, I throw some DGA.

I've been throwing the Pipeline for a few years now, thanks to the closeout sale that Holden's had on all their DGA discs. Got 3 of them for $5 a piece. Such a bargain for such an awesome fairway driver.
Since then, I've picked up the Quake as my OS mid & I'm loving it. If I weren't already throwing the Buzzz, I might be bagging the Rift. Oh, and let's not forget the Sail. Very understable, but perfect for us who are just learning to throw backhand.

I remember taking a couple of throws with your white Pipeline at Rolling Hills, and liking it... but alas, Holden's was fresh out of Pipelines after you turned me onto it. :(

But I did pick up a few First Flight Sails during that close out. I use it for Toboggan #1, and similar long, sweeping turnovers. Got 3 of those, for about the price of one disc. Best of all: I still bag it. :)

I was desperately hoping Cat was going to have a sig Pipeline ready to go. Not sure why she needed a proto straight fairway when the Pipeline's just sitting there waiting to be hyped.

Expecting people who are naturally shy, or humble, or introverted, or quietly comfortable in their own skin, but great at disc golf, to go out and pump their tires on social media is dumb.

Not everyone is an entertainer a la Simon Lizotte.

This shouldn't be an expectation at all.

Expecting people who are naturally shy, or humble, or introverted, or quietly comfortable in their own skin, but great at disc golf, to go out and pump their tires on social media is dumb.

Which is why DGA is a great choice for her. I don't think that they are going to be expecting/forcing her to pump out social media content. I think DGA will be happy if she continues to do well and just lets her play do the talking. Lead cards get a lot of exposure.

So I agree but will challenge at the same time…

Paul will be the GOAT because he has the perfect balance. Of course Kenny is The Champ, and even if Paul bagged 13 I don't think he'd ever allow being called The Champ. Dude has too much respect for that. He knew he had talent, he understood he was in a position to leave his mark, and he'll be the GOAT because he left his mark with personal play but more importantly he left the sport in a better place after he was finished.

Dude didn't make his deals public to flex nuts on Ricky, he did it so everybody else down the road had the opportunity to make a living.

That's why Ricky will ALWAYS be Pippen to Paul's MJ, regardless if he wins the next 11 worlds. Ricky would embrace being The Champ…it matters to Paul but in reality that's not his legacy, he knows that…

So the point is…yeah social media matters…that's why Kona cashed a big fat DD check. Y'all can talk about JC, Dickerson, or whoever not being a natural salesman and limiting "Their Brand". Nobody is asking them to be that…Simon took YouTube by storm and he was just being Simon…that's why we all love him. 100% the first choice any of us would have to sit and kick it with and do absolutely nothing dg related but at the same time probably our first choice to play 18 with.

Talk to anybody who is successful in sales, they'll tell you they're just themselves and the rest falls into place. JC doesn't have to be Simon on YouTube. Dickerson doesn't either, nor does Cat. Find a way to effectively communicate yourself, whatever that may be, and you'll get clicks.

Way too many people with eyes on the sport right now…which is a good thing…as somebody "Building a Brand" has a much wider net to cast.

My only ask is they all stop lumping themselves together with clip art initials. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Who was the first to do that? I remember seeing the ULI shield a long time ago and thinking it was cool...

Now it is ultra cringe but everyone keeps doing it.

I think McBeth and Uli get passes because theirs were first and look decent, but everybody else is a hard pass.

I am pretty sure Calvin got a wakeup call from somewhere to actually post on social media. I dont think its "hey i just felt like getting active on IG all of a sudden"

When its genuine, I dont mind it. Just more opportunity to see your favorite more in other than lead card coverage setting.

Unfortunately—this (social media presence) is just water cooler talk, but it reflects the state of DG.

PMB and SockiBomb are the pinnacle of DG today and we (the fans) are talking about their social media presence. This was not the case with Jordan and Nike. It's not the case today with Lebron.

This wouldn't be a subject for discussion in the same way if we weee talking NFL, NBA, MLB. Social media gets those athletes in trouble.

So what rating would each manufacturer get for its overall team?

A- Outstanding in all or most ways
B- Nice Stable
C- Sufficient efforts in the sponsorship game
D- Has team but who cares
F - Sad effort to create a team or no team

Based on Quality of player names, Cost for Stable, potential for increase exposure, Players fit to company image goals, etc.

Latest posts