• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

If, i say if, Simon will go to mvp. They can probably pay him a dumpload of money. Does not matter what results he make.
He is present on YouTube, he makes content, and he moves aaaaaaaa lot of plastics.

Mvp has no content that people watching at the moment.

So from a financial standpoint, a move probably looks more attractive.

Plus, a new family and new house? Look for income that isn't as dependent on winning multiple events.

This, job security without as much time on the road. Tour schedules can be grueling. With Simons marketing clout and social media presence he could be the next Brody of disc slinging with less time throwing.

MVP is still missing pieces to their puzzle of being a truly overlord level disc company. JC gave them the WC bump they apparently needed :p towards legitimacy. But...

What else are they missing?

A big big arm though Matt Dollar is solid. (Ezra?)
A video presence, some constant internet marketing from someone like Simon(?). Just get out there and make vids and bring their followers with them.
A decent pro shop website... :D

JC gave them the WC bump they apparently needed :p towards legitimacy.

Did he really though?

Not trying to bash him but as someone who should be the face of MPO at MVP you just rarely saw or heard from him last year. I saw McBeth plenty, Wysocki everywhere, Simon of course, but Conrad just didn't advertise himself or his sponsor much this past season and I don't recall seeing him very often on lead card coverage compared to past years. Heck, if anything he should have sold a ton of Envy's but the market is so flooded with them that they're almost giving them away.

Did he really though?

Not trying to bash him but as someone who should be the face of MPO at MVP you just rarely saw or heard from him last year. I saw McBeth plenty, Wysocki everywhere, Simon of course, but Conrad just didn't advertise himself or his sponsor much this past season and I don't recall seeing him very often on lead card coverage compared to past years. Heck, if anything he should have sold a ton of Envy's but the market is so flooded with them that they're almost giving them away.

Oh I'm not saying he did a great job as a promoter or presence but he did smash the idiotic idea that gyro couldn't win a world championship, shut down that line of reasoning in a hurry and skyrocketed their brand in the world view. They didn't need more publicity after that, now they have a big ass factory and low media presence. All the capability to grow with new machines and a building to pay for. They rolled all their profit into the new facility and now they need to get that money rolling back into the bank and keep producing.

Their media is stale and occasional. They've got some fun niche players and decent folk but like you said no internet powerhouse. At least Nova throws a new video up when there's new plastic released, which I really appreciate but other than her, a couple rando's unboxing for a throw and Daddy Discgolf that's all I get to see of new molds after scouring the internet. Making videos that are decent is tough, I tried a couple times :D really need a friend who's good on camerawork and a host that can connect with the viewer.

Simon would fit the brand and be a key in their next step towards domination. Should it happen.

Winning isn't everything but marketing is.

Last edited:
Oh I'm not saying he did a great job as a promoter or presence but he did smash the idiotic idea that gyro couldn't win a world championship, shut down that line of reasoning in a hurry and skyrocketed their brand in the world view. They didn't need more publicity after that, now they have a big ass factory and low media presence. All the capability to grow with new machines and a building to pay for. They rolled all their profit into the new facility and now they need to get that money rolling back into the bank and keep producing.

Their media is stale and occasional. They've got some fun niche players and decent folk but like you said no internet powerhouse. At least Nova throws a new video up when there's new plastic released, which I really appreciate but other than her, a couple rando's unboxing for a throw and Daddy Discgolf that's all I get to see of new molds after scouring the internet. Making videos that are decent is tough, I tried a couple times :D really need a friend who's good on camerawork and a host that can connect with the viewer.

Simon would fit the brand and be a key in their next step towards domination. Should it happen.

Winning isn't everything but marketing is.

forgot about mike c

forgot about mike c

Right.. I miss him, at least there was lots of "rounds" and disc vs kinda videos. Could really get a sense for how they flew, if I threw 100' further.

Now that you mention it, Mike C was probably a media marketing high for MVP that hasn't been seen since. (In terms of video volume and views per percentage of fans) .

He was gyros "Second Rate Simon"

Funny side note on the military and/or flag symbology usage...

Has anyone else been called out for displaying the Innova "Air Force" logo? I have always liked that stamp, and I have a shirt with that logo. A friend of a family friend once asked me if I'd served in the Air Force because I was wearing that shirt... [awkward face] nope!

I respect the US Air Force 100%. My brother in law is actually deployed overseas currently with the Air Force doing EOD work. Can't wait to have him back home.

But I never thought the Innova stamp was referencing that branch of the US Military! I just thought Air Force... frisbees flying through the air, man.

It's probably people who don't know what the U.S. Air Force insignia looks like and just see the words. It doesn't look anything like the Innova Air Force emblem. And there are lots of clothing items out there you can buy with U.S. Military insignia to support the military. Doesn't mean you served, but it could be a family member or friend served or is serving and you are supporting them. I'm retired from the U.S. Air Force and don't see any issues with the Innova Air Force symbol/stamp; nor do I have an issue with non-military folks wearing t-shirts, hats, etc with military insignia on it in support of our troops...as long as they don't claim to be in the military. There is a huge difference in wearing clothing with U.S. military insignia and wearing a military uniform.

Retired Air Force, did you ever do anything:p I was Naval Aviation F/A- 18 Squadron my first four years before cross decking to the Submarine Force. On the flight deck USS Coral Sea when we bombed Libya in 86'. Red flag (Air Force event) was fun, one year no rooms in the barracks, so the good folks at Nellis put us up at Circus Circus, fun times!

The Innova Air Force symbol/stamp is intended for Innova only and has no reference with The U.S Air Force. Anybody questioning wearing the Innova symbol is clueless, so wear it. Yes, support your military with symbols on clothing.

What are sweet looking Disc Stamps are those with the insignia of a branch of the military, and the puddy navy The Coast Guard. There's a local who customizes this type of disc among other custom disc. Every once in a while, I'll see them in a local PIAS and they go quickly since the Norfolk area is primarily military. No harm if non-military purchases one. Every once in a while, the artist who also plays, offers his services on a local facebook page.

Did he really though?

MVP sold more Envy's in 2021 than they sold all discs combined in the 2 prior years. I would say James has paid off for them regardless of his lack of social media presence.

Did he really though?

Youre right they are pretty much giving them away lol. Seemed to be a lot of commemorative envies and a lot of nomads for that matter in the mystery box mail calls I've seen on Reddit

Im not criticizing JC but he just doesn't have the social media presence or name recognition that some of the other players have built for themselves. For better or worse "influence" will almost always trump on course accolades when it comes to moving plastic (unless you're dynamic discs but not trying to open that can of worms)

Youre right they are pretty much giving them away lol. Seemed to be a lot of commemorative envies and a lot of nomads for that matter in the mystery box mail calls I've seen on Reddit

Im not criticizing JC but he just doesn't have the social media presence or name recognition that some of the other players have built for themselves. For better or worse "influence" will almost always trump on course accolades when it comes to moving plastic (unless you're dynamic discs but not trying to open that can of worms)

Granted James Conrad isn't the most charasmatic guy out there, like Simon.

But he is instantly recognizable, and The Shot i also instantly recognizable. He may no be a day to day face like the names you mentioned, but MVP got their $$ worth one by selling a ton of Envy's, and also by giving MVP a ton of forward momentum and instant credibility.

Personally I think it is for the best that he is in the background simply because that is where he seems most comfortable, and his personality seems best fit for that.

Granted James Conrad isn't the most charasmatic guy out there, like Simon.

But he is instantly recognizable, and The Shot i also instantly recognizable. He may no be a day to day face like the names you mentioned, but MVP got their $$ worth one by selling a ton of Envy's, and also by giving MVP a ton of forward momentum and instant credibility.

Personally I think it is for the best that he is in the background simply because that is where he seems most comfortable, and his personality seems best fit for that.

You're correct. I didn't mean to imply he should be cranking out YouTube vids, he seems pretty content to let his game do the talking and I certainly respect that

You're correct. I didn't mean to imply he should be cranking out YouTube vids, he seems pretty content to let his game do the talking and I certainly respect that

For that matter, I didn't mean to imply that either... he's doing his job on the team and he's certainly earned his pay.

He has a quiet charisma, a calm captain of the team kind of vibe. He is very recognizable without shameless self promotion and seems genuinely likeable. A definite asset. MVP strikes me as an inclusive, happy vibes, do your best kind of family team. Kind of place I'd want to be...

But someone needs to do better in the media/internet department. Not just to get more disc sales but just to give their video hungry fans a bit more of a connection to the brand. Being a hardcore fan with some changes to the FB group flavour on the bitter side, I'm going hungry, I'm starving for content I find palatable .

And it's now also official that Holyn Handley is another playing leaving DD: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm1vQQnLwUq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I wonder if this is part of the Kona backlash. Both Valerie and Holyn had killer years.

Latest posts