• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Who knows? Maybe this will encourage DM to sweeten up Eagle's and Kyle Klein's deals? Not sure DM can afford to lose those guys after Simon's departure.

That said, you can't blame players or manufacturers for making whatever moves/offers suit them best given the climate of the sport at a given point in time. In many ways, the sport's healthier than it has ever been.

My (complete) guess is that there will be a lull
on sales and interest from new players coming down from the covid boom, but once that lull passes, growth will still continue at approx the rate it was already growing pre covid.

...which was sufficient to allow companies like Lat 64, Westside, Dynamic, MVP/Axiom, and Prodigy to enter the sport and prosper.

I wish all the players and manufacturers nothing but the best in terms of their economic sustainability going fwd. If that happens, all of us are beneficiaries.

Last edited:
I'll be picking up a one for sure, more if the stamp is an actual Ford Mustang. I mentioned this back when the disc was first launched since the Innova Corvette's first appearance for Bowling Green AMs in 2019 had a C6 Corvette as the stamp. I know there's been Challengers stamped with the modern Dodge on them. The new Innova Charger basically completes the main classic muscle cars, except for the Camaro (though I suspect Finish Line may use that, seeing as they already use the Supra, and it's Drew Gibson's company, {it would make a great 9, 3, 0, 4 disc regardless of who make it}).

You're missing the Roadrunner.

Maybe a Dodge Super Bee on a DC mid?

-edit- as discs I'd like to see, I'm not aware of any of these in the wild

A lot of Simons logos incorporate the Shield or Wings, which are probably trademarked of Discmania.
He obviously owns the "Lizotte" or "SL" branding, but will have to change them up to something new

It's hard to say whether or not he even owns his initials... the SL branding though its his name could be the property of the discmania brand. If they developed it and trademarked it rather than him, they own it, they built it albeit on his back.

Wouldn't be the first time someone's personal brand/identity was the property of the company that built them. There might have to be a whole new look like a cursive monogram rather than block letters

Seems odd that Discraft hasn't announced their elite team yet this year. I know all the speculation is Simon to MVP but I do find it weird that Discraft hasn't said a word about their highest level team yet.

Seems odd that Discraft hasn't announced their elite team yet this year. I know all the speculation is Simon to MVP but I do find it weird that Discraft hasn't said a word about their highest level team yet.

I guess we will see AB and Val added there?

As I recall from pst years, I don't believe Discraft announces sponsorships until the beginning of the season...so somewhere around the Las Vegas Tournament. I think that is when Ezra got to announce he was part of Discraft.

From a retailer standpoint: I stopped ordering DM for my store a few months back. 40% of a retailer group that I'm part of did the same thing at some point in 2022. DM has accounted for less than 2% of my overall sales in the past 3 years.

Would like to know your % breakdown of other brands. I would imagine it's mostly Innova/Discraft & a smaller breakdown of everything else?

Would like to know your % breakdown of other brands. I would imagine it's mostly Innova/Discraft & a smaller breakdown of everything else?

2022 was a crazy year. First time in 14 years that Innova was not my top seller. It definitely helps MVP/Axiom that I'm in Michigan, but the majority of my sales were online in 2022 due to tons of vacations. MVP/Axiom had the most discs available all year by a long shot, which turned in to sales. Innova was still solid but never had more than 60% of an order form available. Discraft dropped a ton because for two years they have sent mystery boxes to retailers with the same discs in them month in and month out. No order form. Over 50% of Discraft has not been available in the past 2 years. Over 37% of discs sold here in 2022 were from MVP Disc Sports. Sheer insanity.

**Also attached is a 6 year over year sales share chart also.

MVP- 20.13%
Axiom- 14.91%
Innova- 13.99%
Discraft- 12.13%
Kastaplast- 10.62%
Latitude 64- 7.05%
Westside- 4.19%
Dynamic Discs- 3.93%
Streamline- 2.10%
Thought Space- 2.01%
Discmania- 1.61%
Other smalls combined- 7.33%

Attachments

• totyearly.jpg
    totyearly.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 138
2022 was a crazy year. First time in 14 years that Innova was not my top seller. It definitely helps MVP/Axiom that I'm in Michigan, but the majority of my sales were online in 2022 due to tons of vacations. MVP/Axiom had the most discs available all year by a long shot, which turned in to sales. Innova was still solid but never had more than 60% of an order form available. Discraft dropped a ton because for two years they have sent mystery boxes to retailers with the same discs in them month in and month out. No order form. Over 50% of Discraft has not been available in the past 2 years. Over 37% of discs sold here in 2022 were from MVP Disc Sports. Sheer insanity.

MVP- 20.13%
Axiom- 14.91%
Innova- 13.99%
Discraft- 12.13%
Kastaplast- 10.62%
Latitude 64- 7.05%
Westside- 4.19%
Dynamic Discs- 3.93%
Streamline- 2.10%
Thought Space- 2.01%
Discmania- 1.61%

How's the overall volume of sales over the past 6 years? COVID boom sustained or is it dropping off?

MVP- 20.13%
Axiom- 14.91%
Innova- 13.99%
Discraft- 12.13%
Kastaplast- 10.62%
Latitude 64- 7.05%
Westside- 4.19%
Dynamic Discs- 3.93%
Streamline- 2.10%
Thought Space- 2.01%
Discmania- 1.61%

That chart is amazing! Look at the big affect Paul had on discraft sales...Nothing to almost triple in 1 year. But conversely, Innova didnt drop by the same amount that Discraft gained

Wow thanks KW!!! Always appreciate the times you helped me out up here, especially with the SE MVP's. I'm still throwing those Halloween 1.0 glow envy :D

So... it looks like MVP as a manufacturer is rivaling innova! If you add the whole MVP/Axiom/streamline together that's a scary market share of manufacturing. They have 35 percent+ of the total market last year and 25 percent over the 6yrs

Last edited:
I know the fanboys love them and they are pretty popular, but I'll always think that gyro is just a fancy gimmick. I can't get into it. If Simon goes that direction, I'll be happy for him, but it won't change my mind in the slightest. I say this as someone with a mixed bag who has no brand loyalty.

I know the fanboys love them and they are pretty popular, but I'll always think that gyro is just a fancy gimmick. I can't get into it. If Simon goes that direction, I'll be happy for him, but it won't change my mind in the slightest. I say this as someone with a mixed bag who has no brand loyalty.
I have zero idea if the overmold is a gimmick or not, but they they make some killer throwing putters and lots of lightweight drivers so count me as a fan (although not a full on fanboi).

I have zero idea if the overmold is a gimmick or not, but they they make some killer throwing putters and lots of lightweight drivers so count me as a fan (although not a full on fanboi).

Your proclamation of fandom has officially been entered into the Akashic records.

How's the overall volume of sales over the past 6 years? COVID boom sustained or is it dropping off?

Pre-covid my sales were fairly level with a little upward push each year

Overall sales for us peaked in 2020.
2021 was just a few percent lower.
2022 a couple percent lower than '21

Even though a couple points down is hundreds of discs, I lean more towards calling it a plateau because it sounds better LOL. 2022 was my 3rd best year behind '20 and '21. Sales numbers are still wayyyyy above pre-covid.

It's hard to say whether or not he even owns his initials... the SL branding though its his name could be the property of the discmania brand. If they developed it and trademarked it rather than him, they own it, they built it albeit on his back.

Wouldn't be the first time someone's personal brand/identity was the property of the company that built them. There might have to be a whole new look like a cursive monogram rather than block letters

I for one would like to see a pro dg logo something other than stylized initials. How dull.

Eagle could easily make a logo using his namesake.

Simon? He could certainly come up with something more clever than SL. SL, or SL.

Last edited:
From a retailer standpoint: I stopped ordering DM for my store a few months back. 40% of a retailer group that I'm part of did the same thing at some point in 2022. DM has accounted for less than 2% of my overall sales in the past 3 years.

Losing the origiinals... struggling to get discs out... pushing the Evolution and Active lines.... these aren't the discs that brougth in the fans...

I think it is easy to understand them losing some market share.