• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

You can say whatever you want about the Foundation crew, but if Ricky's caddy was the leak you can expect they'll have a field day talking about it.

Really weird…Eagle just released close to 20 videos on his YouTube page.

They're all from earlier in the season, so maybe he accidentally changed the privacy on all of them after leaking his own farewell video and is fixing the mistake? Or had contractual obligations for so many posts? Who knows, I can't say I have any idea if those vids were on his page previously or not.

He made a post on YT saying these are videos that previously were Patreon only, and he wanted to make them available for everyone

Who is calexander? @Nale72 You seem somewhat knowledgeable. Is this more noise from reddit, or is it a reliable post?
I have no idea, but if I would have a guess, I would categorize it as "noice from reddit" ;) . But as we have noticed the last years, when there is smoke... My personal guess however is still Innova for Eagle, then Discraft or Prodigy. But the MVP "smoke" has become bigger and bigger the last week, so you never know.

It´s lunchtime in Finland and still no news from Clash. . . .my guess is Niklas but why not Eagle. Clash had a great year, one of Swedens largest webbshops had Clash as their No1 selling brand in 2023
1705313648723.png

Really weird…Eagle just released close to 20 videos on his YouTube page.

They're all from earlier in the season, so maybe he accidentally changed the privacy on all of them after leaking his own farewell video and is fixing the mistake? Or had contractual obligations for so many posts? Who knows, I can't say I have any idea if those vids were on his page previously or not.
As stated above these seem to have been Patreon only before and he wanted them available for all. And my guess is that the reason he dumped them all at once now is that Eagle, Discmania and the new sponsor have a mutual agreement to not sell/publish anything with Eagle and Discmania after they have announced the new sponsor (which should happen later today). I also noticed this from Eagle clarifying that after today Discmania won't have any Eagle signature products available.

1705314128761.png

That's really interesting. They don't outright say it, but definitely imply an enhanced gyro effect from the technology.

I wonder if the enhanced grip bit was intended initially or if they were looking for creative ways to enhance gyro while avoiding the patent on overmolds and the grip thing was a happy consequence.

Props to Clash for thinking outside the box and trying something unique.

Niklas Anttila announcement incoming very soon? Uptil earlier today Niklas was still on the Discmania team page under Signature team, but now he's gone from there. Also not (yet) under Sky team...

That's really interesting. They don't outright say it, but definitely imply an enhanced gyro effect from the technology.

I wonder if the enhanced grip bit was intended initially or if they were looking for creative ways to enhance gyro while avoiding the patent on overmolds and the grip thing was a happy consequence.

Props to Clash for thinking outside the box and trying something unique.
Well they probably can't use the gyro (tm) word.... and depending on patent law it could be open season on things like that by now. I remember a 3M rep who taught a segment of our high voltage class saying that they hadn't patented their "cold shrink" technology (as opposed to heat shrink)... the reason why was that they would have to tell people how they did it and it would become open market after 15(?) yrs. They'd been using it for 20yrs successfully and one company in Texas figured it out, so 3M showed up with a truckload of money and bought the company.

I thought there was a clause in Discmania contracts saying that players have to bag one Active Line disc. I guess I was wrong.
neither eagle or kyle has/had ever bagged any active line that i've seen. simon bagged the genius as a utility disc occasionally but rarely threw and and i doubt he bagged it as a requirement. niklas threw the sensei but i can't think of another known DM player who threw active line.

neither eagle or kyle has/had ever bagged any active line that i've seen. simon bagged the genius as a utility disc occasionally but rarely threw and and i doubt he bagged it as a requirement. niklas threw the sensei but i can't think of another known DM player who threw active line.
Ella bags a Genius for rollers and I think either Cadence or Candace uses one of the putters. The active line is generally quite understable and I think it's intended for novice players. I have a friend who is newly sponsored by DM, and he wasn't required to carry any active line.

I thought there was a clause in Discmania contracts saying that players have to bag one Active Line disc. I guess I was wrong.

Doesnt work like that. (Almost) nothing is across the board in every contract. Contracts are always between the player and company. There are not all emcompassing clauses that I know of.

I wonder why Discraft doesn't announce the elite team. Seems like they are waiting on something. If the team is the same as last year they would have announced it already.

Latest posts