• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

People are thinking Nikko is leaving Lonestar.

People forget Nikko likes to troll a bit and leans into being the heel.

I think this is clickbait and he's signing an extension with them.
He signed a 3 Year contract with Lonestar last off-season. This is him signing a brand deal for those mushroom gummies you see just to his right (our left on the picture). He used the picture to troll people.

Will be interested to see where he goes. Somewhere with a great overstable lineup like MVP or DD would make sense but I could also see him going to a smaller company though would let him be mixed bag.

Chandler Kramer leaving Lonestar for 2024

Makes me wonder if they weren't going to resign him at the same level after his season.

Considering they signed two new names, it would make sense that they didn't have as much to go around this contract period.

Chandler Kramer leaving Lonestar for 2024

I like his game, and he had a pretty good 2023 with some A level top 10s and a number of top 25 finishes in Elite Series events. I don't think it is out of the question for him to go to one of the biggies. Maybe Innova where he could be a more likeable Freeman.

I like his game, and he had a pretty good 2023 with some A level top 10s and a number of top 25 finishes in Elite Series events. I don't think it is out of the question for him to go to one of the biggies. Maybe Innova where he could be a more likeable Freeman.
Innova might be a good fit for Kramer. I remember him flicking a Valkyrie on gorgeous turnover lines the year he shredded at the European Open. I believe he was using Bosses as well.

"Likeable" Freeman? Just curious as to what's not to like other than his extremely loud choices for his tournament wardrobe- lol. He does go into moping mode a la Nikko or Oakley sometimes, but wow I love to see him throw that Gator (or is it a Whale or both!)

"Likeable" Freeman? Just curious as to what's not to like other than his extremely loud choices for his tournament wardrobe- lol. He does go into moping mode a la Nikko or Oakley sometimes, but wow I love to see him throw that Gator (or is it a Whale or both!)

Honestly, I kind of like the guy, but the degree of venom he seems to draw when he appears on a lead card is really impressive and a little scary. He looks angry after almost every shot which makes him look like a bit of an ass especially when the shot lands 10 feet from the basket, but if I had a camera on me all of the time I'm sure I'd look the same. Youtube Josh is a pretty entertaining guy who is cerebral at the same time.

On one of the broadcasts they said he (Freeman) used to be a professional off-road uni-cyclist and that's the most Joel Freeman thing I've ever heard even if it isn't true. lol

I don't dislike him personally, but he isn't what I would call likeable either. Seems angry with himself even when he throws a good shot, always tries to manipulate the rules (Music City Open), and has been on coverage throwing fits when the card rules against him. Not sure what kind of cardmate he would be. Maybe a case of just another very passionate and competitive player who gets a bad rap?

not that it was up for debate but I'm not moving.

RDG has been fantastic overall, lizard is love lizard is life.

Pound just announced that they had signed him.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything regarding a disc manufacturer, unless that disc manufacturer is big on having their pros carry their bags.

He strikes me as someone who's smarrt enough to have thought that through. He's probably already signed with with a disc company that's cool with him carrying Pound (like that one that has Jerm and Nate....).
I'd guess Mint, TSA, and Infinite as pretty good options for his personality and having a partial open bag seemed to suit him in '22. Discmania might have some interest from his '22 European Open performance as well.

Kinda curious if any brands really take the opinions of the longer term signed pros into their process for signing the shorter term 'team' players with respect to how they carry themselves on course and represent their current brands.

John Willis (millennium), Jake Hebenheimer (lat 64), Andrew Miranda (dynamic) are all moving on from their sponsor from this past year.

John Willis (millennium), Jake Hebenheimer (lat 64), Andrew Miranda (dynamic) are all moving on from their sponsor from this past year.
Jake leaving gives more leverage to the talk that Latitude may want to shift to all European sponsored athletes and have Dynamic/Westside be their North American team.

I could see that, but as of right now they still have JohnE McCray.

What about Nikko buying 130 acres outside Houston to build a course and pro shop?

Must be all them Sacred Discs disc golf moneys.

I'm curious if Dave Mac will be part of the design process? Maybe they'll call it Eagle's Crossing South?

I'm not sure if Innova paid for JK's name like they did with Kenny, but I don't think they would let her go just yet. She just announced a long tour through New Zealand in 2024, etc and I don't think any smaller companies would fund that.
With the Produccion run JK Aviar not ever going out of production I think she is paid for by Innova for life, would not be surprised if Dave D might have even modified her last contract after signing to be for life using a scanner and copying using a good Scanner, Copier, and printer. He has run into trouble in past not allowing agents or even older in 1990's a handshake was good enough, a reason most left as they refused to pay players who he promised a payday like Ken Climo until he won 7 World Championships.

Last edited:

Latest posts