• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

How is that number arrived at? Sales of discs with a player's name on it?
The survey questions were something like "Have you ever purchased this pros tour disc" and "Did you purchase any of these pros tour discs this year"

They did say they didn't specify tour discs vs individual player line of discs so Drew Gibson for instance may be underrepresented since his Finish Line stuff wouldn't count

I think a big part of Gannon's low numbers is that he wasn't "pushing his plastic" this year after the early sponsor drama.

I think a big part of it is that Prodigy just doesn't sell very well for whatever reason. Kevin Jones is popular but that doesn't translate to sales for instance, and Isaac winning 2 majors didn't really move the needle much.

If Gannon were to go to Innova (just as an example not a prediction) I'd bet he'd sell a lot more discs

The rumor is he represents Streamline as Conrad is MVP and Simon is Axiom. Right now the lineup doesn't necessarily suit Eagle's game. Build a couple new molds particularly for him, but that will take some time. Streamline was intended to be a high quality lower priced solo mold option to other manufacturers and appeal to players who might not be keen on gyro. Gyro will always be the bread and butter of MVP. Do you really want to spend that much money to promote a product that loses the differentiation between you and the competition? Sure you want to grow that brand, but it's not the primary focus.
I agree that it feels strange to sign a high profile player be the face of their "second tier"/"normal" plastic, but maybe some signature molds with Streamline but mainly throw MVP/Axiom? MVP have at least 3 unreleased approved Streamline molds (two approved in 2023), whereof 2 distance drivers ..1703093284618.png

I agree that it feels strange to sign a high profile player be the face of their "second tier"/"normal" plastic, but maybe some signature molds with Streamline but mainly throw MVP/Axiom? MVP have at least 3 unreleased approved Streamline molds (two approved in 2023), whereof 2 distance drivers ..View attachment 330011
MVP has expanded their facilities in a big way (recently just moved in). They have shown the ability to respond rapidly--not only producing stock or SE discs a certain pro throws--in designing and manufacturing new discs within a calendar year.

Tin foil hat coming online...IF, big massive highly speculative IF....Eagle were to come to MVP. It makes me wonder if MVP learned a bit from Simon last year and has shut down their orders for December (not only to move stuff to the new warehouse space and replenish stock) but to also get ahead on making some Eagle discs so they don't have such a chaotic year.

Eagle is stuck with DM, nobody else is throwing out crazy money for a usually hurt has been.

The people talking about him to MVP need to put down the bong.

Eagle is stuck with DM, nobody else is throwing out crazy money for a usually hurt has been.

The people talking about him to MVP need to put down the bong.
Sounds like the type of responses we heard when the rumors about Simon going from DM to MVP last year started out 🤷‍♂️

And on the latest SmashboxxTV they confirmed they knew that Eagle had been "shopping around" going into 2024. I guess we will find out for sure within a couple of weeks or so.

"Sounds like the type of responses we heard when the rumors about Simon going from DM to MVP last year started out 🤷‍♂️"

The most popular disc golfer by fans and online? Put down the pipe.

Man at first glance I got excited for a second because I thought it was Albert Tamm in the pic and not Tristan Tanner.
Me too having watched a video of Albert last night. For a moment I was also wondering why Albert was copying Tristan on his post.

For HOD to get involved in this sport, they discovered inefficiencies in the DG marketplace where they felt they could objectively gain an advantage over the current players entrenched for years in the existing model which has some less sustainable elements.

Last edited:
and who the hells gonna pick chandler up. he fills a weird touring/media niche that i feel is hard to place on a team.

not saying he doesnt deserve it. i just see a company looking at him and saying, hmmm what do we do with him.

Chris Clemons leaving DD- didn't see that coming.

He shows up on lead cards fairly regularly and is an enjoyable player to watch, so a useful signing but not exactly a big name. If he brings Hanna Huynh in a package deal that could change the math.

and who the hells gonna pick chandler up. he fills a weird touring/media niche that i feel is hard to place on a team.

not saying he doesnt deserve it. i just see a company looking at him and saying, hmmm what do we do with him.
Yeah this confuses me, too. Someone must have offered something worthwhile for him to leave not only Discraft, but his sponsorship with Ledgestone as well. I can't imagine he pushes a lot of plastic but might be a good name for smaller company.

I was surprised to read Chandler's post last too. Discraft supported him during the pandemic and kept his dream of being a pro disc golfer alive. He is also quite popular here in Wash. St. and makes a good brand ambassador. Maybe another company noticed this and gave him a better offer hoping to build up their presence in our region. Who that may be, I don't know.