• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

In a Facebook discussion, a DM rep made a fair point asking that if you read what Niklas wrote in the Instagram post, does he really say he is leaving Discmania?

He says: "[thankful grateful yada yada] its time to turn a new page in my career"

In a Facebook discussion, a DM rep made a fair point asking that if you read what Niklas wrote in the Instagram post, does he really say he is leaving Discmania?

He says: "[thankful grateful yada yada] its time to turn a new page in my career"
Not it only had been that line. But if you take the whole last paragraph of the post it for sure sounds like he is leaving Discmania (and that's how everyone I know have read it took it as):

I am so grateful to Discmania for their willingness to help me go after my dreams. However, after 3 Finnish Champion titles, an European Champion title and numerous memories, it's time to turn a new page in my career.

Especially if you pair it with the first paragraph:

Thank you Discmania for seasons 2018-2023❤️🛡️

At least to me, it's not normal to thank your sponsor like that, especially not stating your first and last (?) year of your contract(s) with them. In that case it's more common to say something like "thanks for these years" and also then state something like "and I'm looking forward to many more".

When you write "I am som grateful to Discmania"... "However, after"... "it's time to turn a new page in my career" it for sure sounds like you are switching sponsors. At least this is more like the wording of pros who definately have switched.

Of course it might not have been meant that way and English not being Niklas' first language made him formulate it in a way it wasn't intended.

Last edited:
I just felt it was relevant since the company rep made the comment. I dont think he'd be stirring the pot if there was nothing to it. Im starting to lean towards some kind of House of Discs team or whatever. That way he leaves and doesnt leave. I really dont know anything. Itll be interesting to see for sure.

I am surprised to see Anttila leaving. I would have thought that DM would be desperate to hang onto both Niklas and Eagle. The pool of players who regularly make coverage and are a threat to win is actually quite small.

If I was HOD I would certainly be experimenting with ways to innovate the sponsorship model. Seems like Lone Star have already successfully found one inefficiency in the traditional model to exploit and I'm sure the industry-wide belt-tightening could yield some new strategies.

Niklas doesn't outright say he's leaving DM, but thanks them for his European accomplishments.

What if he's moving to the US full time to play?

People have said the last couple years he's the most serious MPO European threat on the DGPT. Sounded a lot like he's trying to say he's won about all he can in Europe and now wants to win on the big boy stage.

Niklas doesn't outright say he's leaving DM, but thanks them for his European accomplishments.

What if he's moving to the US full time to play?

People have said the last couple years he's the most serious MPO European threat on the DGPT. Sounded a lot like he's trying to say he's won about all he can in Europe and now wants to win on the big boy stage.
Niklas just a couple days ago bought a new car. I don't think he would have done that if he was leaving completely to the States.

Does Clash have any sponsor money now? I know it's been a minute since Nikko left, but I don't remember them picking anyone 'big' up since then.

Is Clash a HoD brand now too?

Anthony Bodanza more a low level Pro trying to make Pro tour and a YouTube guy is as of 1-1-2024 Sponsored by Infinite discs when contract starts. Also, he has almost every one of Infinite's Innova molded discs with his signature stamp and where most of his sponsors money is coming from, sales of discs stamped with his mold throughout the year in 2024.

Anthony Bodanza more a low level Pro trying to make Pro tour and a YouTube guy is as of 1-1-2024 Sponsored by Infinite discs when contract starts. Also, he has almost every one of Infinite's Innova molded discs with his signature stamp and where most of his sponsors money is coming from, sales of discs stamped with his mold throughout the year in 2024.
He sold out the first Bodanza-stamped batch of discs (all 6(?) molds) the first day at least.

Gannon leaves Prodigy: official.

The last 10 minutes have not been good for Prodigy 😂

Latest posts