• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

2023 PDGA Rookie of the year and 2022 AM World Champ Paul Krans is leaving Discmania. Will he follow Simon to MVP since Krans has been a frequent guest in Simon's videos?

1704445620183.png

Last edited:
100% going with Simon to MVP.
Simon got him to Discmania, now hes going to drag him to MVP with him

Macie is local and wonderful for the sport. I want her to be a world champ and live a great life.

But these companies aren't a charity. And it is pretty standard to be forced to take less money in any industry when your availability is limited or there is uncertainty about your future. It is unfortunate timing for her during a contract year, but I'm not sure there is anything to be upset over.

Two things...

Women have had to choose between a career and a family for far too many years, and it's sad that Macie is facing this choice. It isn't fair, and it's a shame. I hope someone will step up to sponsor her as I think she's great for the tour.

The optics of this for DD aren't good. If you believe in supporting women's sports, supporting an athlete during and after a pregnancy is part of the game.

So, ive been holding this back, didnt want to create a lot of hype and speculation on the interwebs...

but, officially, im changing sponsors for 2024.

my wife bought me some frisbees for christmas...

to my old sponsors thanks for your past support and i really enjoyed my time representing your brand.

god save the queen.

murica!

- saylor

I dont think it was a personal thing, or just because she is pregnant.

If anyone came out and said they are planning on playing 1/2 the tournaments as last year and then be off for the foreseeable future after that, that would change the price they are willing to pay them.

It just so happens that she got pregnant and it seems to be a PR nightmare for DD for how they handled it.

It just so happens that she got pregnant and it seems to be a PR nightmare for DD for how they handled it.

I think that's the problem, seems like there could've been a couple creative ways to turn her unique situation into an opportunity where both sides came out ahead.

Obviously none of us know how the conversations went. Maybe they explored some different contract options and simply couldn't agree.

It's been a couple years, and I don't exactly remember for sure, but didn't Paige Shue announce pretty much right after her and Grady got married that she was going to stop touring? I don't believe it was a hey I'm pregnant and not gonna play, but I could be mistaken. I want to think she has a teaching degree and pursued her field for a bit before returning to dg?

Why reveal private information that diminishes your negotiating position?

Honesty, most likely. I'd guess that most players don't have agents or managers and handle the negotiations with sponsors themselves. Many probably believe that their "team managers" are working in their best interests. For some, it probably works out okay, but for others it leaves them high and dry.

I'm saying that's their second-best player at the moment since Macie is on the way out.