• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Eagle won't be announcing until next week at the soonest -

Eagle McMahon Signature Session this Friday!
🦅

Eagle was kind enough to offer Discmaniacs one last chance to grab one of his Signature discs with an authentic wet ink signature. Eagle will be signing discs live on Instagram on Friday, January 12th.

Do we think DM will announce Gannon before Eagle announces his new sponsor?

If I were DM I'd want to, otherwise it comes across as hey we lost Eagle but here's our consolation prize.

If I were DM I'd want to, otherwise it comes across as hey we lost Eagle but here's our consolation prize.
Sure. You don't want to trash Eagle or undercut the sales you're gonna get, so you wait until one minute after the event is over to announce. It's a good way for DM to put Eagle "in the past", and to buy some time before an Eagle announcement next week.

Unless wherever Eagle is going has exactly the same plan. Then you have two announcements, each getting less attention. Kinda a game of Marketing Chicken....

Reddit pointed out that Eagle recently started following MVP and Streamline on his socials. He also follows Innova, but has followed them since before he was with Discmania.

Discmania needs to sell all the Eagle they can....then once thats all gone, they can get ready for the next batch of hype discs.

No. Why would they undercut themselves.
If I were DM I would want to sell the crap out of those discs, and THEN announce Gannon, and/or Alden with a limited run of the SAME mold.

Reddit pointed out that Eagle recently started following MVP and Streamline on his socials. He also follows Innova, but has followed them since before he was with Discmania.
He surely has seen the chatter about his move. I wonder if him following Streamline is him just having fun adding fuel to the speculative fire.

I'll take that Gannon kid over Eagle in 2024 and beyond.

Why does no one talk about Gannon's injury issues?

Hasn't he already had surgery on his knee?

Tall and lanky does not do well on joints, knees or shoulders.
I never heard anything about his knee, but he was dealing with some back issues last year.

His medical condition(can't remember name of it) that makes him so tall and lanky and hyper-mobile is more injury prone.

I don't think Stokely has that condition, just naturally tall and lanky, but amazing to see how well he was done on the injury front over the years especially with his distance specialty BH and FH.

Respectfully disagree.

Eagle 72.5k subscribers

Alden 25.9 subs

Gannon 15.9k

On youtubes.
Yeah, and Eagle has 262 videos and has been making them for 8 years, whereas Alden started less than 2 years ago and has 50. Alden has way more views per video and (aside from this announcement) you have to go back a year to Eagle announcing he's no longer vegan to get anywhere near the same views.

You really picked the one youtube metric where Eagle beats Alden, and that's only because he's been at it for so long.

Gannon's fun, but his personal channel isn't anything to write home about.

Why does no one talk about Gannon's injury issues?

Hasn't he already had surgery on his knee?

Tall and lanky does not do well on joints, knees or shoulders.
exactly. Marfan syndrome can be highly detrimental to ones long term athletic abilities without even getting into the other health problems it can cause.

Latest posts