• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

The Glitch is for kids that did not grow up with these.

frisbee.jpg

Gannon had an MVP basket and what looked like an old Innova stamped red disc on the ground in his IG story just now. trolling?

Not necessarily a pro but Danny Lindahl, social media content producer for Dynamic Discs is leaving the company tomorrow. At least from my perspective this is fairly big news. His Physics of Flight/Form videos were some of the first I watched when I started learning how to play. Wonder what's next for him. Wish him all the best.

Not necessarily a pro but Danny Lindahl, social media content producer for Dynamic Discs is leaving the company tomorrow. At least from my perspective this is fairly big news. His Physics of Flight/Form videos were some of the first I watched when I started learning how to play. Wonder what's next for him. Wish him all the best.
He got a good job offer doing video production work he couldn't pass on. More info here:

I always enjoyed him when DGAM podcast was a DD production. Sounds like he's moving on up though so happy for him

RE the Glitch being most sold - the Hex is also in the top ten, which I feel like can also be contributed to Simon since he raves about it in almost every video he does.

Re: Glitch (and Simon promoted dics) sales numbers:

This is from Rocketdiscs.com, one of Sweden's and Europe's largest webshops:

With 2023 in the books we thought you'd like to know what our most popular discs in each category was!

It took the disc golf world by storm in 2022 and it didn't slow down in 2023, the MVP Glitch rose above all other putters by a comfortable margin. In fact 4 out of 5 of our most popular putters were made by MVP!

We decided to single out overstable approach discs as they really are their own thing and you already know who's king, it's the Discraft Zone! Runner up is none other than the new Zone OS! You want to simplify your approach game, then the Zones are clearly the way to go!

When it comes to midranges the Axiom Discs Hex won by a landslide outpacing the classic Buzzz by almost 4 times! Huge numbers were put up by the Hex, it was by far our most sold disc hands down and nothing is even close.
The Simon Effect is in full swing!

Our most sold fairway/control driver was the Axiom Discs Crave, a stunningly straight flying fairway that suits every type of player out there.

Rounding out with our most popular distance driver, like the Zone I'm sure you already know the answer! The Innova Destroyer takes yet another crown in it's impressive and long history. It set the bar over 15 years ago and it's still the go-to for so many players. Honorable mention to the Axiom Discs Time-Lapse that launched at the end of the year and almost took the crown! Impressive!

Re: Glitch (and Simon promoted dics) sales numbers:

This is from Rocketdiscs.com, one of Sweden's and Europe's largest webshops:

With 2023 in the books we thought you'd like to know what our most popular discs in each category was!

It took the disc golf world by storm in 2022 and it didn't slow down in 2023, the MVP Glitch rose above all other putters by a comfortable margin. In fact 4 out of 5 of our most popular putters were made by MVP!

We decided to single out overstable approach discs as they really are their own thing and you already know who's king, it's the Discraft Zone! Runner up is none other than the new Zone OS! You want to simplify your approach game, then the Zones are clearly the way to go!

When it comes to midranges the Axiom Discs Hex won by a landslide outpacing the classic Buzzz by almost 4 times! Huge numbers were put up by the Hex, it was by far our most sold disc hands down and nothing is even close.
The Simon Effect is in full swing!

Our most sold fairway/control driver was the Axiom Discs Crave, a stunningly straight flying fairway that suits every type of player out there.

Rounding out with our most popular distance driver, like the Zone I'm sure you already know the answer! The Innova Destroyer takes yet another crown in it's impressive and long history. It set the bar over 15 years ago and it's still the go-to for so many players. Honorable mention to the Axiom Discs Time-Lapse that launched at the end of the year and almost took the crown! Impressive!

I think this is the response to people wondering if MVP has the cash to sign Eagle.

(Whether or not that's what the parties want is a separate matter, of course.)

first Bobby left DD and now Danny. .those two WAS DD media people. . . and they were good for DD
It feels strange that DD let them go. . at one point DD had a great Yotube team with great content..

But i guess that did not pay of so they desided to throw money at Ricky and Kona instead

first Bobby left DD and now Danny. .those two WAS DD media people. . . and they were good for DD
It feels strange that DD let them go. . at one point DD had a great Yotube team with great content..

But i guess that did not pay of so they desided to throw money at Ricky and Kona instead
Danny left to take a more lucrative job at Kansas St University closer to his home/family, like Robert McCall did before after his wife gave birth and they moved to Texas to be closer to family. I think Danny leaving was much less DD letting him go, and more Danny moving on to better things.

Danny left to take a more lucrative job at Kansas St University closer to his home/family, like Robert McCall did before after his wife gave birth and they moved to Texas to be closer to family. I think Danny leaving was much less DD letting him go, and more Danny moving on to better things.
Genuinely happy to hear this. When I returned to the sport 6 years ago, Danny was one of my "go to" content creators for insights. I stayed with him, even through the Awful Mustache Stage, and always thought he explained things well. And the production value increased significantly over time.

Last edited:
lol @ they have him throwing a right handed forehand in the background
Lol. This is something a catch a lot on promo pictures, video stills, etc. Editors want to show people facing to the right ("looking ahead" in Western culture) and/or not showing someone's back, etc. To do this, they often reverse the image, and inevitably what happens in my head is I get focused on the logo of their shirt being backwards, their hair part is on the wrong side, or they're using the "wrong" hand. It's super distracting

Are we surprised he's just on the Tour team and not the Elite team?
It would be good to see some stats on tourney finishes for Clemons compared to the Elite team, but looking at the fire power on the Elite team, I'm not surprised at first glance

Is Discraft's current model sustainable? I know they're making good money off of sales, but they have so many bigger name touring pros right now. Are they all getting paid well? Is it a bubble?