• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I've mentioned it before, but it's worth repeating. Paul was in town for the BHMO and stopped by the local shop for a putting clinic. This was when the McPro Aviar first came out. It commemorated his 1132 rated round at the Memorial. This was the first year of Team Prodigy. I asked Paul about that round. He said the Prodigy guys were talking shit and he was motivated to shut them up.

I've mentioned it before, but it's worth repeating. Paul was in town for the BHMO and stopped by the local shop for a putting clinic. This was when the McPro Aviar first came out. It commemorated his 1132 rated round at the Memorial. This was the first year of Team Prodigy. I asked Paul about that round. He said the Prodigy guys were talking shit and he was motivated to shut them up.
This is the most Paul Story ever.

Not quite sure what your point is, but I suppose I'm just saying that Paul has been much more impactful in terms of growing the sport as well as his sponsors.

Maybe in NFL terms, Paul is Brady and Ricky is Gronk.
Impactful? That's another topic entirely. People have different hobbies in the offseason to keep busy.

DGA Tour team
  • Catrina Allen
  • Cole Redalen
  • Andrew Marwede
  • Parker Welck
  • Evan Scott
  • Eliezra Midtlyng
  • Sullivan Tipton
  • Macie Velediaz
DGA Proline Flex team got updated on that team page w/ a couple new names

I've also mentioned this before but Paul has that psycho super competitive gene that only the GOATs seem to possess that sets them apart from the rest of the top 0.001% in their respective sports.Puts him in the same company as MJ and Tom Brady and Tiger.

I've also mentioned this before but Paul has that psycho super competitive gene that only the GOATs seem to possess that sets them apart from the rest of the top 0.001% in their respective sports.Puts him in the same company as MJ and Tom Brady and Tiger.
This is what I was implying earlier about being good at playing disc golf vs being good at being a professional athlete.

Paul definitely has that killer instinct where the switch gets flipped as soon as he smells blood in the water.

Are there any big announcements left?

It's cool that DGA has gained some relevance over the past few years. As much as I really don't like the feel of Discraft plastic or how the discs feel in my hands (the plastics feel too slick to me, and the discs all feel sharp in my hands), I've always enjoyed their molds and DGA makes some really great stuff. I wish Millennium could pick up a few pros like DGA, but I digress.

DGA quietly has a stacked line-up. I considered Midtlyng and Saarinen to be THE FPO pickups this year, big snag for DGA to get Eliezra.

Good to see Macie get picked up. Like her personality and game.

Cole, Parker, Evan, all are understated talents that would be wise to hook--up with someone that can enhance their visibility on social media.

DGA quietly has a stacked line-up. I considered Midtlyng and Saarinen to be THE FPO pickups this year, big snag for DGA to get Eliezra.

Good to see Macie get picked up. Like her personality and game.

Cole, Parker, Evan, all are understated talents that would be wise to hook--up with someone that can enhance their visibility on social media.
IMO Cole is one of the handful of players without a WC most likely to win one at some point.

I like watching Macie as well. I don't remember exactly when it was (maybe DDO a couple years ago?) when she did the arms down flex pose after making a couple huge putts, fun stuff.

Macie, Zach and Chris are great on video and seem like good TN folks as well as having great chemistry.

Cole also seems like a good kid with great game.

It's cool that DGA has gained some relevance over the past few years. As much as I really don't like the feel of Discraft plastic or how the discs feel in my hands (the plastics feel too slick to me, and the discs all feel sharp in my hands), I've always enjoyed their molds and DGA makes some really great stuff. I wish Millennium could pick up a few pros like DGA, but I digress.

My favorite Disc Golfer says he is still in talks for this year but even though he is the 2015 U18 World Champion no one really knows his name even when he shows up every now and then having a scorching hot round so DGPT sends one camera to catch him...
Who is this?
The 2nd Best Lefty in the World: Austin Turner (formerly of DGA).

100% agree, Rift and Quake are the backbone of my bag anymore.

Calvin and Barsby represent Millenium to a minor extent but it would be neat to see them snag a dedicated touring pro that could threaten some lead cards. Would have been neat to see someone like Clemons end up there

Still waiting on Niklas Antilla announcement.
Watching OTB Skins for hints has been fun.
If what his chemistry for razzing a recent signee to DM has shown, and if he's making the move stateside. I don't think he's leaving DM. They gotta bottle up that possibility for team chemistry for a couple years and shake it around the marketing department.

Latest posts