• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

I never could get the hang of the ion, too slick or the rounded inner part of the grip, Idk. I did want a thinner wiz before the judge came out, and then it happened! The disc I always wanted! Unfortunately or fortunately however you look at it, the wiz just started doing everything I wanted it to, must of finally got all the bugs worked out.

I've always been a pretty bad putter but fixed a few mechanics and bought a few judges based off the feel of the low profile when I held my buddies. Sold all my focus' which ive used for two years and said I'm just going to wing it. I played my first round with one yesterday w/out ever throwing or practice putting with a judge at all. Might have been the most consistent I've ever putted. Best putter I've thrown and plan to stick with these permanently.

I was also concerned about the gouges that I got very quickly and I've got the same blacks and a couple of light blues as you. They dent and gouge very deeply way easier than you'd think, especially for $12 a pop. I love how they feel in hand but honestly I've had DX that didn't dent/gouge as much.

Any one else want to chime in on the wear and tear of both the soft and classic firm Judges? I was very interested in picking up a few until I read that...:gross:

Ive been driving my firm classic for a few rounds and have hit a few trees with minor/avg wear on putters. Not even a taco on a firm,i can see the softs chunking up and warping if your driving with them. Nothing out of the ordanary for standard plastic. Unless your putting at rocks,and driving into walls of trees or asphalt,these are ok

Cant expect much for base plastic anyway,if you want premium wear,buy a fuzion.

Any one else want to chime in on the wear and tear of both the soft and classic firm Judges? I was very interested in picking up a few until I read that...:gross:

Look at my torture test thread of the classic judge. That was months ago and I intentionally set out to destroy it. I'm still using that putter. It's the perfect straight flyer. The only change is it's character and amount of fade. I have used dx, pro d, kc pro, and everything from gateway.....this plastic is no worse on the wear. It chain bruises like the other lat baseline but that doesn't even show up except on darker colors and it's not something that effects grip or flight so I have zero issues with the wear on these. I think people look at lighter areas that scuff on chains of black putters and think that's abnormal. It's not.

As booter stated, it is only the SOFT Classic judge that has had some bad rep. I approach, drive and putt with my White classic judges and have had no issues. It's a great feeling plastic and a wonderful mold. These will be with me for a long time. already have 2 currently, with about 6 more on the way, 2 black firms, a grey firm, a couple fusions and a LE gold line as well as a black soft. I LOVE THESE PUTTERS! Oh and a white first run :D

I use two softs for driving/upshots, one firm for driving. No big gouges or terrible warps or any of that, i'd say better than average baseline plastic wear.

my chains only hard classics look beat on the edge but it's just cosmetic, same shape and flight.

BTW these have replaced the APX and barstamp challengers in my bag. Just a simple, amazing putter without any frills or need for anything else (besides a Zone).

I have two soft judges. The first one I bought was a first run. They hold up well unless you do what I accidentally did. I tried to drive with it, but shanked the drive, and it nailed a brick wall. I tacoed it. Other than that, it holds up well to the usual putting. I play a lot of rocky desert courses, and they tear up discs. I don't approach with my soft judge when I do that. If I think I am close enough to make the put I go for it though. The new judge still flies the same.

As booter stated, it is only the SOFT Classic judge that has had some bad rep. I approach, drive and putt with my White classic judges and have had no issues. It's a great feeling plastic and a wonderful mold. These will be with me for a long time. already have 2 currently, with about 6 more on the way, 2 black firms, a grey firm, a couple fusions and a LE gold line as well as a black soft. I LOVE THESE PUTTERS! Oh and a white first run :D

White is why. Wait until you bang up those colored ones.

White is why. Wait until you bang up those colored ones.

When I get my colored ones, fusion will be used for drives and windy putts and the blacks will be used for putting while the whites will be used for approaches...at least that is my plan. The Soft will only come out if it gets cold.

I still don't get why people panic about visible wear.

Wizards also show very quick physical wear but it takes ages for it to actually beat in. It shows a ton of dings and dents the first few months, then the signs of wear slow down a lot. The judge also has a big bead on it so it's probably going to age the same way. Honestly it hasn't been out long enough for anyone to make that call yet.

Of course, if you're throwing it and hitting a lot of stuff, that is probably a different story since the rim might be warping and the bead may be getting more heavily damaged than from just putting.

I still don't get why people panic about visible wear.

Wizards also show very quick physical wear but it takes ages for it to actually beat in. It shows a ton of dings and dents the first few months, then the signs of wear slow down a lot. The judge also has a big bead on it so it's probably going to age the same way. Honestly it hasn't been out long enough for anyone to make that call yet.

Of course, if you're throwing it and hitting a lot of stuff, that is probably a different story since the rim might be warping and the bead may be getting more heavily damaged than from just putting.

I think some players got used to the durability of discs like the KC Pro Aviar so when these start shredding up the first couple of rounds they get worried. I'm coming from McPro's which were in my bag for the last 2 months and barely show any wear at all.

I hope not to discourage anyone from trying these out. My experience may not be typical as far as the wear goes, but as I said before I love the feel and they still fly great. The feel in hand is the make or break for any putter and I really like the way the shallow rim and big bead feel.

The reason I re-posted the pic of an earlier message is because I had the same thing happen while practice putting. His pic shows a pretty deep gouge and he said this happened after his first time using them. Same for me. After a day of practice putting I had a lot of bruising (complete non-issue) but also a few deep gouges. After a week, they looked pretty beat with a lot of dents and deep gouges. Trust me, I know the difference between a bruise or scuff and a gouge. This was with black/grey and light blue Classics.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying the Judge, tho. I haven't been throwing much at all recently b/c of the weather, but it seemed like maybe the wear pattern was leveling out. Was I surprised by the wear, yeah, I definitely was. But like I said, I still like the feel and they're staying in the bag. For the price point I was surprised, but maybe that's not typical, and I do realize that putting is really tough on plastic.

It did make me think that I can't wait until DD's Opto equivalent (Lucid?) comes out. Grippy, firm and sexy as hell for $3 more. Yep. Sign me up for a couple when they come out.

Didn't want to bump my torture test thread so I'll post some relevant pics here. These are bad scuffs from near full impacts on stone and concrete buildings. This is optimal wear to me. I have had a few of the bigger gouges but nothing I felt I needed to melt or repair.

If you like a super durable base plastic for some reason yeah you might want to reconsider this line but for me and I think many others that's sort of the main reason we don't throw premium plastic putters. The classic soft tends to storage wear and scuff easily but the stability stays with it a long time.

With the exception of their team and sponsored players I can probably say this one in the pictures currently has the most throws on it for a classic judge out there. I love it though. I haven't been able to pull a freshie from the box just yet. I will take a more recent pic to add.

I'll see if they have a guess on the date the lucid judge might be ran down at the shop this week, I haven't stopped by in a while.

35jat1c.jpg

2pzfup2.jpg

Here's a current pic of that tester and the one in my bag currently. This is the only gouge but I didn't fix it I just let the chains beat it flat. I've thrown it everyday at least a round a day and quite a bit of practice putting since I got it a few days before release. I might start with a fresh one at the end of summer.

1z1zce0.jpg

Latest posts