• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

I own two of the First Run Classic (firm) and love them both. One is baby blue (174) and I use it to putt. The other orange (175) and it is a thrower. My question is it really worth the $20 for the Fuzion version or should I just keep cycling out the Classics as needed. Would the fuzion overlap with an ESP Zone. Because right now my line up is two classics and a zone. So yeah to fuzion or just stick with the classics?

Nat beauty Fuzion Judge I picked up a few days ago. That makes 7 Classic Softs and 2 Fuzions. Great mold!

Threw my judge I use on approach shots into a rushing river...doh! Picked up another classic and a soft one. Love this disc!

Or should I skip the fuzion and pick up a couple softs?
Never thrown a firm, but have felt one up before. Didnt think it would be a good putter for me, so I went with the soft. The softs break in quick and begins to turn more and more, so it was nice to grab the same mold in a tougher Fuzion plastic for drives and/or upshots.
Personal putter preference really.

Or should I skip the fuzion and pick up a couple softs?

Keep the firms. Try the softs if you like soft putters. Then ditch the zone for a suspect. And go get a freaking fuzion judge. Who are you kidding? You know you want one. Get two and mail one my way.

Just bought a soft wizard and classic judge. The two are extremely similar in feel and flight in particular the plastic feels identical. The judge feels like the rim is a hair thicker, has a slightly deeper bevel (like a focus), a slightly wider and more durable bead, and -maybe- a hair lower profile. But it does not appear lower profile when placed next to each other on a table. I like my beat d challengers a whole lot but the flight plates always sag drastically in time and they half-melt in very hot temperatures. The wizard and judge both work fine for driving and ups so far, not particularly impressive or unimpressive. They both fly extremely straight with some turn, and have a very strong predictable fade at the end especially when thrown at slow speeds but still have typical headwind problems when thrown at higher speeds. At the moment they are distinctly more overstable than my fairly beat up challengers when putting but they putt very well and both have stiff grippy plastic which does not appear as if it will have sinking flight plates or half-melted problems in the future. The almost rock hard stiffness feels fantastic to me. I would like to try an Ion and an SS wizard next, although the SS wizard I have felt have been closer to SSS's I have thrown than my S.

Got 2 firm Judges today and threw around 40 puts on my Skilshot they feel great in the hand and have a nice flight path but I'm concerned about the wear.

Check out the pix..

Already have a bunch of dings is this normal or do I have a legit concern..

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

Zero does that. Its referred to as bruising. Its pretty normal, and pretty soon it will stop happening all together. If I get a nick like you did, I just take a lighter to it and melt it back. Works for me.

If you don't like the bruising get a lighter color. It's amazing how beat up they look fast but cosmetic. Hard shows it more than the soft does.

The color comes off of mine like it's painted. No other disc I've had has done this. I don't care what my putters look like. Just an observation.

Mine hold up very well. They do bruise/chunk a little, but my home-made basket would chunk Champ plastic if hit right.

That zone is my baby. Right around a 0% chance it will ever leave my bag. **** I can pick a mark, miss my mark and somehow it finds a better lane anyway. Flat out miracle disk...

Got 2 firm Judges today and threw around 40 puts on my Skilshot they feel great in the hand and have a nice flight path but I'm concerned about the wear.

Already have a bunch of dings is this normal or do I have a legit concern..

IMG_0743.jpg

I was also concerned about the gouges that I got very quickly and I've got the same blacks and a couple of light blues as you. The 'bruising' is fine. It actually roughs up the surface just a bit and helps grip....normal break in stuff for base plastic. But many are much more than bruises and these aren't exactly base plastic or at least cost wise they aren't. They dent and gouge very deeply way easier than you'd think, especially for $12 a pop. I love how they feel in hand but honestly I've had DX that didn't dent/gouge as much.

I repaired or sanded a lot of them away, but it still seemed like the damage was way out of the ordinary for me also. I wish I had taken pictures of mine, b/c I was kind of taken aback by all the damage and chunks taken out that they got just from practice putting for a few minutes a day in the back yard, never having hit a tree or rock.

I will keep using them for sure, but I only putt with them. I can only imagine what a couple of hard rock landings would do to them if you used them for driving or upshots.

I have seen in person how bad these things beat up, almost as bad as the Chalky Wizards I tried out. I had an order put in for 4 Judges but cancelled it before they shipped.

I tried the Judge this week, think im making the switch I love it. Not the smartest plan to keep changing putters but this could be the first putter that i truly like. I have small hands and for some reason it feels perfect and i like beaded putters.

Ive only tried the classic soft, looking forward to trying other versions, maybe it will replace my pure for long putter shots.

Latest posts