• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

I now have 5 Judges in my bag, replacing all my other putters. 1 Fusion, 2 softs, 2 chains only 1st run hard.

They have literally taken strokes off my game, helping me shoot personal bests at league on 2 courses so far.

The softs beat in to very slightly understable, the fusion is the longest driving putter ever (that's actually shaped like a classic putter), and the firms are super reliable for everything.

You guys that are saying they are slightly flippy or turn for you when new, ehhhhhhh.... I have 14 of them and only my beat soft is what I would call very slightly understable (turning from a flat throw over 150'). No problem keeping them straight out to 250'+. Even trusted them in 30mph winds the other day, held up well except tailwind.

It may not be a new design, shape, or have fancy technology or plastics but it is just a damn good putter that's perfect for a minimalist setup. And, easily replaceable and available.

Being new, I aspire to one day understand this.

2 identical firms, for putting ONLY. no upshots or drives. I carry two (actually, rotate 5 in and out but carry two) so I can get in more practice before the 2 minute warning at tourneys, have an extra backup in case i lose one (unlikely but i'd be SCREWED without it), stuck playing cali dubs, get some even wear on a set, etc.

2 softs. One new, one beat. Driving, upshots. the beat one is a little understable so it will flip up, turn and hold, The new one is very stable and will hold a line without flipping. These cover everything from 50ft to about 220ft, unless I need a Zone for overstable or windy days.

1 Fusion is pretty much just for driving, it can get out to about 250 flat ground for me, much much further downhill and has very little fade.

Most of the courses around here are shorter woods courses or are a mix of medium/short holes and bombs. The Judge sees about 50% of all my shots when you figure in short drives, approaches, and putts.

Are the Fusion Judges going to be part of regular production or are they only for the Glass Blown Open Trourney?

They've had them in dyemax for a few months but the run they did with the GBO stamp are for fundraising. I expect the production of them to be by the end of summer but maybe I'm being too optimistic. I don't know what's coming in Fuzion next it might be the suspect, escape, or fugitive before the judge. I'd like it to be the suspect or escape before the judge since you can stock up on the gbo ones now. Hope that helps answer your question some.

hmm.. I'm considering pulling the triggers on the judge since I just sold my anodes

How soft are the classic softs? Comparison to gateways for example?

hmm.. I'm considering pulling the triggers on the judge since I just sold my anodes

How soft are the classic softs? Comparison to gateways for example?

Somewhere between the SSS and SS. Some people swear the first run blacks are the firmest of the softs. I think they're all close. I love them in the winter and fall weather when the cold makes them firm up. Other than that I throw the classic line.

hmm.. what to do what to do..

I just need to find that perfect putter and the judge is sounding like it

Last edited:
hmm.. what to do what to do..

I just need to find that perfect putter and the judge is sounding like it

order one of each in a misprint to save cash. Throw them both and if you like either one stock up. If not you're out about twenty bucks total and can recoup most of that in the marketplace. Plenty of people using them now you won't have a problem unloading them. I am always a good person to PM if you are unloading DD discs. :hfive:

They've had them in dyemax for a few months but the run they did with the GBO stamp are for fundraising. I expect the production of them to be by the end of summer but maybe I'm being too optimistic. I don't know what's coming in Fuzion next it might be the suspect, escape, or fugitive before the judge. I'd like it to be the suspect or escape before the judge since you can stock up on the gbo ones now. Hope that helps answer your question some.

Thank you. I grabbed a couple of the fusion Judges. I will probably order a couple more to hold me over incase it takes them awhile to make them again.

I finally threw a judge today. Instantly made the bag. I used to put with a pure but the lip caught on my hand sometimes . The bead on the judge is exactly what I was looking for.

I finally threw a judge today. Instantly made the bag. I used to put with a pure but the lip caught on my hand sometimes . The bead on the judge is exactly what I was looking for.
How is the stability difference for you? I also use a Pure as my go to putter but prefer a beaded putter.

Played 27 holes today with a Classic and a Classic Soft Judge. I normally throw a Swan for putts and GL/Opto Pures for drive and approaches. The Judge felt great in my hand. Much better than Wizards used to, and very similar to a Swan even with the big bead. Best feeling big bead putter I have used. Classic was nice off the tee and for approaches. Soft was good for putts, but the extra LSS was different enough from my Swan that I was a little off with it. If you like the extra fade and LSS of a big bead putter, but want a lower profile good feeling putter the Judge would be great. Inside the circle the Judge is dead straight. Classic soft was little softer than the Eco1 plastic I prefer. I would probably recommend it more for cold weather than hot summer days. Classic is a good, grippy firm putter plastic.

First round with my First Run Judge today. WOW. Loved it. Just felt right in the hand, and literally gripped the chains on a few throws. Felt so much better than the Anode I'd been using. Definite fan.