• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

I throw my seasoned judges off the tee. They are touchy of course, but if you have the skill and the confidence, you should be able to throw a flippy putter really well. Anything to straight to understable I use a judge off the tee. Anything hard left I use a VIP harp. I use a classic blend judge for my stradle jump putts as I feel they fit better in that hand, enabling a better grip for jump putting.

I love throwing and drivin with the Judge. It's so straight it just wants to keep flying. I have a beat up on for slight anhyzer lines and a fresh one for more of a Hyzer finish. Great throwing disc for me- I have three Judge aces.

I just switch to Judges and I am wondering if most people out there throw the Prime plastic for putting or for driving? I was thinking Hard for driving and Prime for putting.

I just switch to Judges and I am wondering if most people out there throw the Prime plastic for putting or for driving? I was thinking Hard for driving and Prime for putting.

I throw a Fuzion for driving and up shots. I don't putt with it often though, just a bit too slick compared to the classic blend. Doesn't matter much up close, but I notice it when I have to put some muscle into it on long putts. Have a Fluid that was my go-to driving putter for a while but it's done gone flippy on me, makes a great workable woods disc though that doesn't ricochet off of trees.

I tried driving with the classic blend, but hit a tree and it turns into a potato chip that I have to work to get straight again. I keep this one for putting only.

Fondled a hard the other day and almost bought it, but I had visions of straightening out hard potato chips dancing in my head, so I put it back.

Fuzion for driving, Prime for putting. The Classic Blend spends most of its time warped and while grippy is too soft for me. The Classic is too slick. Prime is stiff and grippy, just right.

Fuzion for driving, Prime for putting. The Classic Blend spends most of its time warped and while grippy is too soft for me. The Classic is too slick. Prime is stiff and grippy, just right.

Have to look into a prime. How is it for driving? Been looking for a do-everything putter for those 3-4 disc in hand rounds.

I got the Prime Judges strictly for putting, so I haven't thrown them. I like the way the Fuzion flies so much that I don't throw any of the other Judges. I try to huck the Prime a few months from now when it stops raining.

I've been using the Classic Hard for Putting & driving for almost 6 months now. Absolutely in love with Classic Hard, and it will take a lot for me to switch. Laser-straight drives & upshots out to 280'. I've got a beat-up one I use for turnovers. Working two-three in/out of the bag to keep consistency up, but they hold up surprisingly well to tree-hits and such. Classic Hard grips very well in most conditions above 50*F.

I seem to be one of the few that really enjoys the Hard for all purposes.

I've been using the Classic Hard for Putting & driving for almost 6 months now. Absolutely in love with Classic Hard, and it will take a lot for me to switch. Laser-straight drives & upshots out to 280'. I've got a beat-up one I use for turnovers. Working two-three in/out of the bag to keep consistency up, but they hold up surprisingly well to tree-hits and such. Classic Hard grips very well in most conditions above 50*F.

I agree with you...only Judge I even like are the Classic Hards. I use them for everything!

Classic Hard Judge for putting, Classic Medium for winter putting.

Fluid Judge for drives and long approaches.

The Classic Blend Judge is my main putter. I could use it for upshots, but I only putt with it. The Classic Blend is firm (I like that) but not as hard as the Classic, and I really like the Classic Blend's feel.

The Classic Blend Judge is my main putter. I could use it for upshots, but I only putt with it. The Classic Blend is firm (I like that) but not as hard as the Classic, and I really like the Classic Blend's feel.

have u ever tried using it for up shots? I've given the lucid a shot, but keep going back to the blend. holds any line and just awesome for tight wooded courses.

have u ever tried using it for up shots? I've given the lucid a shot, but keep going back to the blend. holds any line and just awesome for tight wooded courses.

I have occasionally tried it for upshots (longer than about 35-40 ft.). I'm sure it would work fine, and I would indeed want to get a more indestructo plastic like Lucid if I did want upshots with it. But I ran into these two issues:

1) I struggle to get a good four-finger or even three finger grip on ALL putters, and the fan grip has not been very effective for me and my noodle, lack-of-strength arms in throwing for any distance over 35 feet, and only the Judge has been effective for me over 22-23 feet.

2) My Champion Pink Panther has been devastatingly effective as my upshot disc, and I see no reason to drop it.

I putt with Classic Judges. I will also use them for 2-230'' and in upshots. I've been trying to get away from throwing my putters and putting my throwers but I find when I beat my judges into perfection they work equally well for both putting and throwing. Been trying to switch to BT and VIP Harp to fill the roll that my judges had for upshots, the harp just takes longer to beat in but is way more predictable. Judges can get a little flippy but with good form you should be able to work them into any line within reason.

I'm right with you. I used to use a medium judge for long jump putts, but since I had so many hards I just cycle them and depending on how seasoned it is, I can use a hard judge for almost any shot inside 250 except those super OS lines.

Classic Hard Judge for putting, Classic Medium for winter putting.

Fluid Judge for drives and long approaches.

Edit: Fluid getting replaced by Lucid for summertime long puts/approaches through the trees

Also, I may be switching to the Envy for putter drives.

Reintroduced the Fuzion Judge to the bag about two weeks ago. Now I am rolling with-

Medium Shield- Overstable
Fuzion Judge- Stable
Basic Sparta- Slightly Understable
Medium Swan 2- Understable

Really loving the Judge, Got an Ace with it already and a FWY Ace from ~220 with it. Holds a straight line forever with a tiny fade. Very predictable and awesome driving putter.

I stopped throwing my judges for upshots and ONLY putt with them now. I've been using Shields and Harps for actual throws. I'm almost considering dropping the judge from my bag and learning to putt with the shield.

JUDGE update: still putting with the Classic Blend Judge (rotating two discs) and throwing upshots with the Lucid Judge. The CB Judge feels better and throws better on in-the-circle putts than anything else, including my experiments with the Prodigy PA4, the SS Wizard, and the CB Warden. All of those are good discs but don't quite have the Judge's glide.

On upshots, I'm experimenting with the PA4, so it might find time in the bag. And of course the Colt has become my staple mid for longer approaches. But the Judge remains awesome.