• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

Classic Blend for me was a fail. Plastic seems statically charged and on dry days every bit of dust and grit sticks to it. Have to keep wiping it off. It doesn't hold it's shape either, hit a tree and it distorts. I end up always straightening and fiddling with it, so it was dropped from the bag.

Fuzion Judge has been in my bag all year with no changes to it's flight. It's my main up-shot and driving putter and I could putt with it in a pinch, but there are better options. Don't se this disc being replaced anytime soon.

Fluid Judge didn't hold up well, lost it's stability really fast and the top has sunk, looks like a mutant Yeti now. Good woods understable approach disc. Worst of the bunch to putt with, it's almost like it's spring loaded, it hits chains and bounces out. Of all the putters I have ever tried, this one reigns supreme as the bounce out king. The KC Pro Aviar holds the record as the roll away king

i keep prime judges in my bag as practice putters, though my main putting judge is a classic hard. i've been throwing the prime judges off the tee when i need something straight but not stable (i use the harp/suspect). i have a beat prime judge now that flips from hyzer (i say that, because i can throw a turnover with a brand new judge and it will hold that line).

i find the primes out of the box are slightly more stable than the classic, the former going dead straight, and the latter turning over slightly. i was glad to see this thread, though, because i'm strongly considering getting a fuzion judge that will hold its shape better and so i can develop a relationship with by using over and over across a year or more.

Judge for turnover drives, thinking prime or classic blend. I carry a couple Fuzions already but would like one understable. Who throws these and has the scoop.

Judge for turnover drives, thinking prime or classic blend. I carry a couple Fuzions already but would like one understable. Who throws these and has the scoop.

I bag the Classic Blend Judge and a Lucid Judge. IMHO Lucid is to Fuzion what Champion is to Star.

The Judge is not understable, and has not really seasoned into understability for me. It's beadless equivalent, the Warden, might be what you want to look at for a more understable version.

I like the Classic Blend. It's firm but not slick, some call it a "chalky" feel. But I may get a Classic (hard) as over time and with use the Classic Blend is getting a little softer.

I'm not familiar with Prime plastic. It's a base plastic, though, and it may not last or hold up very long.

^ I agree. The judge thrown flat and straight should go straight. It's a beaded putter. Yes you can get it to go on a turnover line, but it is not an under stable putter.

I bag the Classic Blend Judge and a Lucid Judge. IMHO Lucid is to Fuzion what Champion is to Star.

The Judge is not understable, and has not really seasoned into understability for me. It's beadless equivalent, the Warden, might be what you want to look at for a more understable version.

I like the Classic Blend. It's firm but not slick, some call it a "chalky" feel. But I may get a Classic (hard) as over time and with use the Classic Blend is getting a little softer.

I'm not familiar with Prime plastic. It's a base plastic, though, and it may not last or hold up very long.

^ I agree. The judge thrown flat and straight should go straight. It's a beaded putter. Yes you can get it to go on a turnover line, but it is not an under stable putter.

I get that it's not understable out of the box I know some beating in would have to do for sure, just wondering between the two plastics. I do have a prime truth but haven't thrown it much. I like the plastic from the stiffness and grip. Just wondering how it beats in compared to blend mainly.

I think I am leaning towards getting a prime right now, probably get some turn faster out of it. Or I might get a used one.

Prime is extremely stiff and firm but supremely grippy. It's about the best baseline plastic out. Prime does beat in but when it does it loses its lsf and retains hss. It's good

I've had one fuzion judge and it was less stable than everyother plastic I had thrown them in, which is all of them. But, the disc did have a strong de-flashing from the company which could have played into the under stability. Fuzion was just ok for me. Personally I like fuzion in fairways and drivers but not mids or putters as much.

Sorry to revive such an old thread but have a quick question on the Judge plastics.

If just used for putting, does the Classic Soft get eaten up by the chains pretty quickly (compared to the Classic Blend)?

Thank!

TripleB

Sorry to revive such an old thread but have a quick question on the Judge plastics.

If just used for putting, does the Classic Soft get eaten up by the chains pretty quickly (compared to the Classic Blend)?

Thank!

TripleB

I have only one Zero Soft Pure (which is the same as Classic Soft), and I have it because I found it on the course and it had no number to call. It had its share of nicks on it, but no serious damage such as gouges. So from that limited data, I'd say the Classic Soft wears as well as the Blend. Others with more experience can tell you better, and I hope they post a reply here.

P.S. nice Necro bump on the thread :thmbup:

Thank!

TripleB

I find Soft bruises more than Hard, which gouges. So although that type of damage is more limited, it warps easier. Sorry, I don't have any Blend to compare it to, but my guess is it is in between the two. I putted with the Soft for a while, and it held up great with very little damage compared with the Hards. Then it became a thrower only, and other than the warping, it looks like it is rarely thrown (which it isn't). Hope this answers your question a bit.

I had a putt off today between my P2, Pure, and two Ringers (165g/174g)...the Ringers (especially the 174g) won out. So I had planned to order me one (since my son took both of mine) until I went by a local sports store and felt that Judge again...now I'm going to order a Classic Blend Judge at 172g. The feel in the hand with that bead and the Classic Blend plastic just makes me feel like this disc should find the target every time!!!

Thanks for all the input!

TripleB

I had a putt off today between my P2, Pure, and two Ringers (165g/174g)...the Ringers (especially the 174g) won out. So I had planned to order me one (since my son took both of mine) until I went by a local sports store and felt that Judge again...now I'm going to order a Classic Blend Judge at 172g. The feel in the hand with that bead and the Classic Blend plastic just makes me feel like this disc should find the target every time!!!

Thanks for all the input!

TripleB

There ya go. It's all about feel and comfort and confidence. Then practice to make the putter work routinely well.

Has anyone tried using a Lucid or Fluid Judge as your putter?

I know it shouldn't, but the beat up look of my Classic Blend Judge bothers me so I started using an Opto Pure because it basically shows no wear at all when it's only used for putting. Didn't know if the Lucid or Fluid Judge might be a great combo of the 'stay new looking' Opto Pure and the great feel in my hand of the Judge.

Thanks!

TripleB

I know it shouldn't, but the beat up look of my Classic Blend Judge bothers me so I started using an Opto Pure because it basically shows no wear at all when it's only used for putting. Didn't know if the Lucid or Fluid Judge might be a great combo of the 'stay new looking' Opto Pure and the great feel in my hand of the Judge.

Thanks!

TripleB

What you should do...is putt with whatever goes in the basket and feels good to you. If that is a Lucid/Fluid Judge, don't listen to anyone who nay-says. Although not terribly common, using a premium plastic putter to putt with is not crazy or anything. It just is about preference.

Thanks!

TripleB

I drive and putt with premium plastic putters. If thats what feels best for you and you get the best performance out of, do it. (I sure as f dont use a dd putter though)

Are there in Judges out there in the 168g range? I can never locate lighter weights.

Thanks!

TripleB

Absolutely no reason not to putt with a premium plastic putter. Lucid Judges are good Judges and should serve you well for what you're wanting from them.

I just switched to black Prime Judges as my main putters. Man, these are good and grippy even in the Finnish sub-zero temperatures. I think that this run of Prime is more tackier than before. I had Retro Burst Daggers and they were more slickier than these Judges. Every time I tried Discmania's D-line or P-line in winter, they are too slippery for my hands.

How are your Prime Judges holding up stability-wise as putting putters?

Absolutely no reason not to putt with a premium plastic putter. Lucid Judges are good Judges and should serve you well for what you're wanting from them.

Yes to this. I have had a Lucid Judge for some time that I hadn't used because it was so pretty that I didn't want to mess it up. Finally I decided to use it and I can't believe how tough it is, doesn't show any dings or scratches at all, and it's a terrific putter!:clap:

How are your Prime Judges holding up stability-wise as putting putters?

Mine are great after a little over year and a half. Mind, I also had them as throwing putters for a month or two. They're essentially point-and-shoot disc as putters and very straight as throwers. My only gripe is they're way way too glidey for me to like as a putter. I've since been switching off between Wizards and Yetis.

Latest posts